• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Movie Club |OT| Evil Dead 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Oops, i posted in the other thread:

Question: Should we be looking for obscure movies? I'm afraid if I pick something high rated that I've never seen, then finding out a lot of people have seen it since it's highly rated.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Do votes by multiple posters have extra weight in this randomizer?

Good question. I wasn't expecting so mmany multiple votes. I'm only putting the film into the randomizer once. Again, to try and make this less of a popularity contest.

So if the film is already nominated, please change your nomination to something else. Thanks.

Ridley327

It hasn't been mentioned yet, since I don't believe its return to Netflix was heavily advertised, but I'll put my vote in for Marathon Man.

Heel

What's the goal in nominations? To try to suggest something that will be new to most people, or to pick something that is high quality for the genre but may be something most Gaffers have already seen?

Half these listed so far I've already seen :(

Question: Should we be looking for obscure movies? I'm afraid if I pick something high rated that I've never seen, then finding out a lot of people have seen it since it's highly rated.

Yeah, touched on this in the last thread.

I mean, if I wanted to recommend something I've seen and know is good I'd recommend Zodiac too, haha. I dunno if that's the greatest idea for this thing, though. Should probably be discussed a bit.

Choomp

Banned
This is awesome. Subscribed. I know nothing of the thrillers on Netflix so I'll wait for voting to be over then watch.

Zodiac is best Fincher, would gladly be in for a rewatch.

I'll vote Headhunters though. Been in my que for a year and haven't gotten to it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What's the goal in nominations? To try to suggest something that will be new to most people, or to pick something that is high quality for the genre but may be something most Gaffers have already seen?

Yeah, touched on this in the last thread.

I mean, if I wanted to recommend something I've seen and know is good I'd recommend Zodiac too, haha. I dunno if that's the greatest idea for this thing, though. Should probably be discussed a bit.

I would hope the goal is to nominate films that you haven't seen. I'm sure most of us have tons of movies sitting in our queues that we have never gotten around to seeing. This will be the best motivator to watch them finally.

People will also end up nominating based on what they think is a great film. It will come with the territory.

Edit - Odds are that you might have already seen the movies picked. So help your odds of watching something new. :)

I Nominate Ichi The Killer because it's one of the best movies ever made, and i'd like to talk to other people who watched it too :(

Yakuza Horror/thriller. So i guess it could work at whatever.

HORRORSHØW

just saw headhunters. it was merely okay. the premise is flawed but it was entertaining enough to not turn it off. there are better movies suggested here.

Grimløck;147037691 said:
just saw headhunters. it was merely okay. the premise is flawed but it was entertaining enough to not turn it off. there are better movies suggested here.

See? Just the name causes discussion, whether you like it or not. Plus I doubt many people have seen it since it's a foreign film.

Anyway, the pick is random so...

lednerg

I changed my nomination to Blue Ruin (from Zodiac), and I'm posting it here to make sure it gets recorded. I watched the first 15 minutes and was absolutely riveted, but I got interrupted with real world shit and couldn't finish it.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I changed my nomination to Blue Ruin (from Zodiac), and I'm posting it here to make sure it gets recorded. I watched the first 15 minutes and was absolutely riveted, but I got interrupted with real world shit and couldn't finish it.
Yea Blue Ruin is really good

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I nominate I Saw the Devil.
I nominated it already and duplicates don't raise its chances of winning. Would you like to nominate another Korean thriller?
South Korea makes the best thrillers, I'd love to see one get picked.

I'm confused...are we only nominating thrillers for this week? Or just starting a master list of movies in general?

In keeping with the theme of movies I haven't seen, I nominate The French Connection (1971).

I nominate The French Connection.

Oh boy, I like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom