• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Straight up comedies, or the style of the show?

IP man 1/2
Shaolin Soccer
Fearless
The Karate Kid 1/2
Game of Death
District B13 (more action than martial, but still has some good hand to hand combat)

I like tv shows since I can get thru them quick.

fwiw I thought trailer park boys was terrible.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I like tv shows since I can get thru them quick.

fwiw I thought trailer park boys was terrible.

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
Portlandia
Wilfred
Parks and Recs
Arrested Development
Archer
Bobs Burgers
30 Rock
Workaholics
The League
The Inbetweeners
Its Always Sunny

All great comedies.

Goldrush

Is there a list anywhere of all the 3D movie on netflix? Found out my TV/Internet Provider can receive the feature and would love to take advantage of it. There's a 3D category, but it doesn't contain all the movies that have it, mostly IMAX-ish stuff.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I just finished watching 'The Experiment.' Such an engaging. and great film. Apparently, this is a remake. Although, I have never heard, or seen the original one. This is based off the Stanford experiment. Where ordinary people were given roles of guards, and prisoners. If you haven't read about that experiment, I suggest you stop reading this, and look it up. It is fascinating stuff.

Ok, onto the movie. It stars Adrien Brody, and Forest Whitaker. And boy, they do not disappoint. Forest Whitaker performance was top-notch. My only complaint of the film, is how fast shit hit the fan.

You had a guard ready to rape an inmate on the 5th day. I get that guys are horny, but really? 5 days into it, and you decide rape is the only way?

But even with that, I would still recommend the film.

Is there a list anywhere of all the 3D movie on netflix? Found out my TV/Internet Provider can receive the feature and would love to take advantage of it. There's a 3D category, but it doesn't contain all the movies that have it, mostly IMAX-ish stuff.

I haven't seen a 3D list anywhere. And I doubt that would be a big list anyway.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
Portlandia
Wilfred
Parks and Recs
Arrested Development
Archer
Bobs Burgers
30 Rock
Workaholics
The League
The Inbetweeners
Its Always Sunny

All great comedies.

Thanks. I'll watch Bob's Burgers, Inbetweeners, Todd Margaret, and Wilfred. I've started or finished the other stuff.

Enco

Thanks. I'll watch Bob's Burgers, Inbetweeners, Todd Margaret, and Wilfred. I've started or finished the other stuff.
Todd Margaret is one of the most infuriating shows I have ever watched.

Especially the horrendous last episode.

Complete waste of time. Bob's Burgers was in no way funny in my opinion.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Hmm...I guess Netflix no longer let's you look at your streaming history beyond the current year or am I missing something?

Todd Margaret is one of the most infuriating shows I have ever watched.

Especially the horrendous last episode.

Complete waste of time. Bob's Burgers was in no way funny in my opinion.
How much of Bob's Burgers did you watch? It got really good, really fast.

Todd Margaret, though, I couldn't stand by the end of the first season. I feel that a good comedy about people making poor decisions will balance things out and stay-- unpredictable, I suppose, by having characters make a few good decisions. A show like Always Sunny accomplishes that because the characters making poor decisions will shift from episode to episode. Todd just became repetitive and sour because it was always "what is the most idiotic and/or monstrous thing that can happen to him".

Colin.

Netflix has really improved recently. Especially in the UK.

So good.

Its getting better, but still have to use the U.S library from time to time. Which I did last night to watch God Bless America, good movie for anyone that likes dark comedy. Even if it does get a bit preachy in the later half.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ugh. UGH. Arrested Development doesn't need all these (terrible) guest stars. The core cast is more than enough.

AD had a bunch of cameos that didn't take away from the show. Ben Stiller, Martin Short, Heather Graham, Thomas Jane, Andy Richter, Jeff Garlin, Liza Minnelli, Carl Weathers, Charlize Therzon, Ed Begley, etc, were great. I have faith in their casting choices.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
AD had a bunch of cameos that didn't take away from the show. Ben Stiller, Martin Short, Heather Graham, Thomas Jane, Andy Richter, Jeff Garlin, Liza Minnelli, Carl Weathers, Charlize Therzon, Ed Begley, etc, were great. I have faith in their casting choices.

All of those people are cool though. Seth Rogan? *vomit*

He just wants his kids back.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Alaskan State Troopers Season 1-2 (TV series, Reality)
Che (Drama, Biographies)
Grave Encounters 2 (Horror)
Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai (Drama, Foreign/Japanese)
The Imposter (Documentary)
North Sea Texas (Drama, Foreign/Dutch)
Science of Armored Cars (TV, Documentary)
Side by Side (Documentary)
Undefeated (Documentary)

Added today:

Che (Drama, Biographies)
Undefeated (Documentary)

YES! I finally get the chance to see this! Been waiting for a while to check this out!

Enco

How much of Bob's Burgers did you watch? It got really good, really fast.

Todd Margaret, though, I couldn't stand by the end of the first season. I feel that a good comedy about people making poor decisions will balance things out and stay-- unpredictable, I suppose, by having characters make a few good decisions. A show like Always Sunny accomplishes that because the characters making poor decisions will shift from episode to episode. Todd just became repetitive and sour because it was always "what is the most idiotic and/or monstrous thing that can happen to him".
Yup. Don't even get me started on the ending. Complete BS.

I watched the first few episodes and couldn't carry on.

Its getting better, but still have to use the U.S library from time to time. Which I did last night to watch God Bless America, good movie for anyone that likes dark comedy. Even if it does get a bit preachy in the later half.
Yea I always use the US library too.

The UK is improving but the US is still ahead by a fair bit.

dekline

Added today:

Che (Drama, Biographies)
Undefeated (Documentary)

Just finished SBS and thought it was great. Definitely check it out if you have any interest in film
or digital

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^No, they don't.

Added today:

Aziz Ansari: Dangerously Delicious (Stand-up)
Hell and Back Again (Documentary)
Louis CK: Live at the Beacon (Stand-up)

My Girlfriend is an Agent (Action, Comedies, Foreign/Korean)
Rec [3] (Horror, Foreign)
Revenge of the Electric Car (Documentary)

Rough Cut (Action, Foreign/Korean)
Schoolboy Crush (Romance, Foreign/Japanese)
The Secret Reunion (Drama, Thriller, Foreign/Korean)

Shiver (Thriller, Foreign/Cantonese)
The Slanted Screen (Documentary)
Strange Circus (Horror, Foreign/Japanese)

So I just finished season 2 of the new Battlestar Galactica and i'm loving it so far. I even skipped to the Razor episode after ep2-17, as suggested (thanks for that btw).

A question though for something that's been bugging me almost since the beginning.
Do we ever find out how or why Baltar talks to a Cylon most of the show? It's already been explained he doesn't have a chip in his head, but she seems to know things that are going to happen in the future. They also showed an episode where a number 6 is seeing and talking to Baltar when he wasn't there.

I pretty much just use Netflix for anime. I've been very disappointed over the last two years as their selection keeps dwindling. The overall number of titles is far less than it was when I first signed up many years ago. I wish there was some hope on this front.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So I just finished season 2 of the new Battlestar Galactica and i'm loving it so far. I even skipped to the Razor episode after ep2-17, as suggested (thanks for that btw).

A question though for something that's been bugging me almost since the beginning.
Do we ever find out how or why Baltar talks to a Cylon most of the show? It's already been explained he doesn't have a chip in his head, but she seems to know things that are going to happen in the future. They also showed an episode where a number 6 is seeing and talking to Baltar when he wasn't there.

Erm, kinda. Here's a spoiler that isn't massive but ymmv
The very final scene of the show is the 'vision' versions for Baltar and Six. They address it but don't really explain it. It makes a kind of sense in context

I just finished BSG last week it was incredible.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I pretty much just use Netflix for anime. I've been very disappointed over the last two years as their selection keeps dwindling. The overall number of titles is far less than it was when I first signed up many years ago. I wish there was some hope on this front.

Erm, kinda. Here's a spoiler that isn't massive but ymmv
The very final scene of the show is the 'vision' versions for Baltar and Six. They address it but don't really explain it. It makes a kind of sense in context

I just finished BSG last week it was incredible.

Ahh thanks. At least it's kind of explained then.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Side by side thanks to the recommendation of a gaffer and it was pretty damn good! The battle between film and digital is something that i was pretty oblivious about so i'm glad i watched it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished SBS and thought it was great. Definitely check it out if you have any interest in film
or digital

Thanks for the recommendation, because it was fantastic, and interesting. Really well balanced too. Usually can't say that for all documentaries.

vazel

Banned
Redbox Instant is such garbage. Movies refuse to stream . And now I can't cancel because it's throwing up server errors the dozens of times I've tried to cancel, it also won't let me delete my cc. It feels like I'm using one of those old seedy scam websites.

or digital

Yep. Thanks for the reminder about this one. I've been wanting to see it since catching the trailer a few months ago. I'm watching it right now and really enjoying it. Great stuff!

if you haven't seen Twin Peaks, at least see the first season on netflix, its so amazing :D

season 2 is ok so far but kinda zzzzzz, i am chugging my way through to the mind blowing :O series finale that so many people talk about, i hope it is.

amrod

hulu has lots of anime

Top Bottom