• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

hulu has lots of anime

I've been over there and sometimes I find something good but I hate digging through tons of shows only to find the stream beginning with japanese. I wish they would mark them more easily so you know when something is in english or not.

I think the last thing I watched was Steinsgate and Black cat.

jakncoke

Banned
^No, they don't.

Added today:

Aziz Ansari: Dangerously Delicious (Stand-up)
Hell and Back Again (Documentary)
Louis CK: Live at the Beacon (Stand-up)

My Girlfriend is an Agent (Action, Comedies, Foreign/Korean)
Rec [3] (Horror, Foreign)
Revenge of the Electric Car (Documentary)

Rough Cut (Action, Foreign/Korean)
Schoolboy Crush (Romance, Foreign/Japanese)
The Secret Reunion (Drama, Thriller, Foreign/Korean)

Shiver (Thriller, Foreign/Cantonese)
The Slanted Screen (Documentary)
Strange Circus (Horror, Foreign/Japanese)

About to watch this, the other one of his thats on Netflix was pretty funny.

Redbox Instant is such garbage. Movies refuse to stream . And now I can't cancel because it's throwing up server errors the dozens of times I've tried to cancel, it also won't let me delete my cc. It feels like I'm using one of those old seedy scam websites.

It was really disappointing. I canceled out of that shit as soon as I could.

androvsky

I've been over there and sometimes I find something good but I hate digging through tons of shows only to find the stream beginning with japanese. I wish they would mark them more easily so you know when something is in english or not.

I think the last thing I watched was Steinsgate and Black cat.

If you want a streaming service that caters to dub fans you're probably stuck with Neon Alley (lol) or the Funimation service, which I think only has a client on Roku (and some crappy tablet apps).

Enco

I prefer dubs too. Sub-titles are distracting. Kind of why I have difficulty watching foreign films. Yes I am a dirty uncouth american. haha
I shudder at the thought.

All dubs I've tried listening to are horrendous and completely ruin the film. I watched Spirited Away dubbed and it was the only one that wax bearable.

Subs all the way.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
About to watch this, the other one of his thats on Netflix was pretty funny.

I loved the other stand up they have on streaming. His delivery is fast, and quick. And he awesome in Parks and Rec's. I will definitely be checking out the new one.

jakncoke

Banned
For whatever reason I started up watching Alaska State Troopers. Watched the first 3 episodes which I guess is the entirety of the 1st season. Look at season 2, ep1 isnt available on instant stream but the rest of season 2 is. Why do they do shit like that? Has happened in a couple shows to me over my time in netflix.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For whatever reason I started up watching Alaska State Troopers. Watched the first 3 episodes which I guess is the entirety of the 1st season. Look at season 2, ep1 isnt available on instant stream but the rest of season 2 is. Why do they do shit like that? Has happened in a couple shows to me over my time in netflix.

Season 1 has 6 or 7 episodes. I always figured it was the studios way of trying to entice you to buy the dvd/blu-ray.

Kudos to the cat that recommended Grave Encounters and Grave Encounters 2. Both were pretty entertaining. I enjoyed the first more than the second but, the second was still worth a watch.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So close to March when a bunch of sweet shows drop. And I hope (THIS MEANS THAT IT ISN'T OUT BUT I WANT IT TO BE
please stop the death threats via PM
) Mad Men season 5 is added to streaming since the new season starts in April.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
For whatever reason i watched the very first episode of SNL. Then noticed they have episodes of the first 37 seasons up :eek: holy shit! thats a metric ton

Are all the episodes shown as aired?
I'd love to finally be able to see Attack of the Masturbating Zombies again. It got banned from TV almost immediately.

EDIT: Edited even more than on TV? Well fuck...

jakncoke

Banned
Are all the episodes shown as aired?
I'd love to finally be able to see Attack of the Masturbating Zombies again. It got banned from TV almost immediately.

EDIT: Edited even more than on TV? Well fuck...

I have watched about 4 episodes on season 1 and for whatever reason I jumped to season 16. Season 1 has all the music and stuff it seems, each episode a hour long. season 16 has none the music and I think most if not all the skits. Also watched the best of dan akroyd this weekend, fucking lol'd so hard at the jane you ignorant slut skit

zou

Netflix is seriously fucked up with their recommendations (my weekly rant).

I watched Louis CK's standup multiple times, I've rated all his shows. I also watched Aziz Ansari.

What does my "recommended for you" show? Obviously neither of those. Instead, half the list is shit I would never watch and the other half is shit I already watched in the past.

How fucking hard can it be.

Edit: What's also fucking hilarious is that their recommendations are all 2/5, 3/5 with one 4/5. And Louis CK? 5/5. Aziz? 4/5. Good stuff.

TODD-albumcover.jpg

awesome show haha

I actually have a question about the recommendations: are the ratings the community ratings, or the rating the site predicts you will give it?

Enco

Side By Side - An interesting documentary with a crap load of directors. Never really knew much about the topic so it was a great watch to learn about the debate of film vs digital

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I don't know if there's a secret way to list what is new that actually works, but this is the bane of my Netflix existence. How in the world is it like this.

I would like to know this as well. I had a link to a site that was "new on streaming" for Netflix, but there is no way it is correct as I've seen new stuff on NF that didn't show up on their list.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished House of Cards, it was meh :\
Will there be a season 2?

Yeah, they are making season 2. Which, I think, will be the final one. No idea when it is suppose to release.

I actually have a question about the recommendations: are the ratings the community ratings, or the rating the site predicts you will give it?

It is a fucked up system, that doesn't really work (for the most part). It is going by community ratings.

Side By Side - An interesting documentary with a crap load of directors. Never really knew much about the topic so it was a great watch to learn about the debate of film vs digital

Yeah, it was fascinating to watch. Never knew there was such a debate between the two formats.

I don't know if there's a secret way to list what is new that actually works, but this is the bane of my Netflix existence. How in the world is it like this.

This thread, or an external source(feedflicks, instantwatcher, etc).

It is a fucked up system, that doesn't really work (for the most part). It is going by community ratings..

The rating system is usually pretty spot on.
I think Transformers Dark of the Moon has like half a star, so people really give their honest opinions of movies & not just automatic zero stars & 5 stars for everything.

The fact you have to be a paying customer to rate movie is another huge plus.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The rating system is usually pretty spot on.
I think Transformers Dark of the Moon has like half a star, so people really give their honest opinions of movies & not just automatic zero stars & 5 stars for everything.

The fact you have to be a paying customer to rate movie is another huge plus.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I wasn't bashing the ratings system, but the recommendations. I think it could be way better.

jakncoke

Banned
I wish once you watched something on there it would never show up again in your recommendations. Basically perfect thing would be separated by 3 criteria. Movies you never watched on Netflix nor rated, Movies you have rated but havent watched on netflix , and movies that you both rated and watched on netflix. I think would make finding diamond in the rough material more easier.

MBison

Watched Compliance, which is based on a real life case that happened several years ago when a guy prank called a restaurant pretending to be law enforcement. Hilarity did not ensue.

Overall decent but not amazing. Feels like an episode of Dateline since it's pretty much exactly like the real life event. Kind of shocking that it happened, I'll definitely never listen to a police officer over the phone. Like ever.

Good performances, Ann Dowd the restaurant manager was nominated for several awards.

If you want to be more disgusted, read about the case afterward.

RedAssedApe

Banned
they really need to institute a profile system with the way they handle recommendations right now. i share my account with my brother since my nieces like to watch all the kids stuff and all my recommendations are cartoons hah

dose

I didn't think it was possible but I'm hating the PS3's 'Playing next' screen that appears after you watch a TV episode even more than before. They need to get rid of that thing or make it as an option ffs. I've been watching Breaking Bad and there are two things that annoy the fuck out of me....

1) Once the 'playing next screen pops up, even if you pause the credits the countdown continues and the next episode starts playing! WTF. Say I want to go the toilet or grab some food inbetween episodes?

2) Showing a screengrab of the next episode.... I don't want any spoilers thanks, I don't want to see characters that'll be in it, or showing what/where they're going to be. Seriously, they need to turn that shit off.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
For whatever reason i watched the very first episode of SNL. Then noticed they have episodes of the first 37 seasons up :eek: holy shit! thats a metric ton

I did this recently too. being from England it's not part of our culture in the same way as the states and so it's a real education in comedy history. I thought that first ep was really funny actually (the spoof three-blade razor ad made me lol, oh the irony...) but if you really want something legendary watch the Richard Pryor episode. It's INCREDIBLE. There's this sketch with Belushi doing a samurai impression that had me crying, plus the classic sketch with Chevy and Prior saying racial shit at each other. Really great piece of history.

The mid 2000s episodes seem really good, the cast is insane at points - Amy Poelher (I am developing such a crush on her), Kristin Wiig, Tina Fey, Jimmy Fallon, Jason Sudekis, Bill Hader, Andy Samberg... it's an incredible group. There's a later ep where Tracey Morgan hosts that was really funny, and the Anna Hathaway ep was great too.

I need to find a good article on the best (and worst) episodes.

Top Bottom