• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Absolute Despair Girl: Danganronpa Another Episode Trailer

Nachos

SDR2 Spoilers:
It looks like it takes place at a time where Monokuma or DESPAIR is starting to destroy the world. There's a scene in the trailer where Naegi's Imouto is running past a bunch of Monokuma's and a city is getting destroyed in the background. Unless that's all bullshit of course.

That's what I meant. (Vague DR2 Ending Spoilers)
Since the events of 1 and 2 took place around the same time, this is likely covering the events that happen directly after the tragedy kicks off at Hope's Peak. Maybe it'll jump around a bit since they showed the end of 1 at the beginning, but I could easily see this game focus on apprehending the members of The Ultimate Despair.

Speaking of which, I really think that this game is going to cover DR2 to a good degree. This particular trailer is free of spoilers for the game, but I don't see that holding up.

Also, it looks like one of the silhouettes is of someone in a wheelchair?

PK Gaming

Not terribly interested in the gameplay, but it's DanganRonpa so i'm in. Fingers crossed for you-know-what as bosses.

Hopefully it gets translated soonish...

It looks like
Naegi's sister
grew an ahoge. Haha.

Cha

Oooh, looks fun. Hope we get localization for this game too. Who wouldn't wanna shoot up some monokuma with a megaphone? :)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
http://youtu.be/L3RHayPWSgU

Vita shooter spinoff thing. The shooting mechanics look kind of clunky.

I don't think it's a real shooter, i see the megaphone more like an instrument that make mechanical things go crazy, a sort of EMP waves launcher than a gun, in fact it is used to interact with objects too. It's probably more an action adventure than a shooter imo.

Yeah, I looked at the DR wiki and saw that it was first revealed in DR2. Doesn't make it any less disappointing.

To be fair, it seems that the franchise is now in the direction of having as a drive the mistery of what happened to the world/school.

The prequel LN seems to be
how Junko screws the school with class warfare and amnesia

As someone who loved DanganRonpa that looks disgustingly bad.

I honestly could not care less if it gets localized or not.

GSR

Missed this thread earlier. Looks really interesting; I agree with the posters saying it looks more puzzle than action, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Missed this thread earlier. Looks really interesting; I agree with the posters saying it looks more puzzle than action, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
This is what makes me more excited for it. It does look a bit janky, but also charming at the same time. And that sweet, sweet story content.

Please NISA, pull another DR2, and announce this right before the release of the second game.

This is what makes me more excited for it. It does look a bit janky, but also charming at the same time. And that sweet, sweet story content.

Please NISA, pull another DR2, and announce this right before the release of the second game.

If NISA doesn't localize Another Episode whenever it comes out, they hate money. I'm looking at SDR2's LE pre-order's page right now and it's less than 50% after I guess 2-3 days now. Holy shit.

If NISA doesn't localize Another Episode whenever it comes out, they hate money. I'm looking at SDR2's LE pre-order's page right now and it's less than 50% after I guess 2-3 days now. Holy shit.
Not to mention that DR is super popular in Japan, and that a third game in the main series is pretty much confirmed at this point, so they won't be lacking for more titles to localize.

Ever since losing Gust to Tecmo Koei, NISA needed another cult series to compliment their stable of mostly Nippon Ichi IPs, and this is the perfect one to do so. I was a bit worried when they initially announced they licenses the series instead of Aksys, but they've done a great job so far, especially in keeping the hype going by announcing DR2 so soon. And it would seem that fans are really into the series too as the sales look to be pretty good. It doesn't hurt that it is probably the most preeminent exclusive IP for the Vita at the moment.

Basically, I want NISA to ride this gravy train down the entire line. As long as Spike Chunsoft keeps making more DanganRonpa games, I'm buyin' them.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This looks pretty good, still need to beat the first game though before considering picking this up. D:

This looks pretty good, still need to beat the first game though before considering picking this up. D:
You definitely should not be watching that trailer, or looking at any DR media, until you beat the first game.

I hope you weren't being that observant. O_O

Andy the cook

Neo Member
Well... considering that DR2
officially legitimatizes the dystopian future and is actively showcasing what the cast are doing in light of those problems.
... well, yeah.

DR2 spoilers, obviously.

Whoops I just clicked on your comment with out thinking is that a big spoiler?

They took down the video. I wanted to watch it another 30 billion times. :/

I'm not gonna search for a mirror on YouTube though, that's the same as asking to be spoiled.

PK Gaming

The internet will not be safe come September 25!

Thanks to RyougaSaotome for reporting this.

That date does nothing for me

5%28152%29.png

It's going to stuck waiting for that localization

Top Bottom