• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Alex Cross series coming to Amazon Prime

Vyse

Gold Member
Was expecting Alexia Cross. Seriously, read a lot of the books when they first came out. Thought they messed with casting the movies with Morgan Freeman and Tyler Perry. The books describe him of looking like Muhammad Ali. Could be good. Really enjoyed the early books.

Vyse

Gold Member
This the AMERICAN version of Luther or something
The protagonist of the series is Alex Cross, an African-American Metropolitan Police Department detective and father who counters threats to his family and the city of Washington, D.C.

jason10mm

Gold Member
So long as "damn them white people" isn't every other line of dialogue I'm down for this.

Maybe we can get an Alex Cross/Shaft/Hawk/Black Dynamite crossover episode!

We just lost Richard Roundtree but Sam Jackson can fill in, Avery Brooks is still around, and Michael Jai White is still swesome.

Vyse

Gold Member
The first book in the series, Along Came a Spider, came out in 1993. Over 32 books and still going.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I loved the old novels and movies, especially Along Came a Spider. That movie that Tyler Perry tried to float was unfortunately very bad.

This looks like it could be good. Aldis Hodge managed to make Hawkman, a comic character I have always found incredibly boring, a joy to watch. So I'll give this movie a shot.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The first book in the series, Along Came a Spider, came out in 1993. Over 32 books and still going.
That the one with Ashley Judd and...Cary Elwes? With Morgan Freeman? Or am I thinking of Kiss the Girls? Anyway, is Cross mostly dealing with psychos, serial killers, kidnappings, etc (basically Silence of the Lambs stuff) or does he delve into the mob, occult, conspiracy, criminal heists and whatnot? They gonna do the Reacher thing of 1 book 1 season?

Vyse

Gold Member
That the one with Ashley Judd and...Cary Elwes? With Morgan Freeman? Or am I thinking of Kiss the Girls? Anyway, is Cross mostly dealing with psychos, serial killers, kidnappings, etc (basically Silence of the Lambs stuff) or does he delve into the mob, occult, conspiracy, criminal heists and whatnot? They gonna do the Reacher thing of 1 book 1 season?

That was Kiss the Girls. They have a lot of books to pull from. Think they are going the Reacher route.

Top Bottom