• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicholas Cage to play Spider-Man Noir in live-action series (MGM+ and Prime Video)

VulcanRaven

“Expanding the Marvel universe with ‘Noir’ is a uniquely special opportunity and we are honored to bring
this series to our global Prime Video customers,” said Vernon Sanders, head of television for Amazon MGM Studios. “The extremely talented Nicolas Cage is an ideal choice for our new superhero and the
accomplished producing team with Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, Amy Pascal, and the incredible team at Sony is dedicated to expanding this franchise in the most authentic way.”

Cage previously played Spider-Man Noir in the Academy Award-winning animated film “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.” This will be the first time the character has been portrayed in a live-action project. Per the official logline, “Noir” will tell the story “of an aging and down on his luck private investigator (Cage) in 1930s New York, who is forced to grapple with his past life as the city’s one and only superhero.”

We are absolutely thrilled to have Nicolas Cage starring in this series! No one else could bring such
pathos, pain, and heart to this singular character,” said Katherine Pope, president of Sony Pictures Television Studios. “Along with our brilliant producers and partners at Amazon MGM Studios and Prime Video, we couldn’t ask for a better team to explore this reimagining of such an iconic character in Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters.”

I'm glad they got Nicholas Cage in the role. He has been great in the Spider-Verse animated movies.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, dude is 60, gonna be a pretty slow and creaky spiderman :p

Curious if they will adapt the comic run with the experimentation on minorities for the nazis aspect, as well has the massive rogues gallery. Pretty much all of spideys main villains could make an appearance. Could be a cameo heaven if they have the budget to get some of those actors on board as well.

Trunx81

Gold Member
nicolas cage film GIF

Superman
Ghostrider
Spiderman

Nic can play everything.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I haven't loved some of the lower budget movies he's made, but generally speaking, I think he's the most interesting actor in Hollywood.

Will almost certainly watch.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I’m a bit over superhero stuff but love me some noir detective goodness and this sounds like more of the latter.

Hopefully if it’s comedic it’s in a “play it straight” way, but I’d prefer something actually dark. The Boys is the only “supe” media I’m into anymore and it’s more dark comedy than anything else.

clarky

Banned
I don't give a shit what anyone says. I loved that movie. Even during the Bees part. I was like "damn, I feel bad for him" Then laughed my ass off. Still searching for my ass till this day... 👀
I understand where you are coming from.

Me and the Mrs drunk watch The Happening at least once a year, i swear its one of the best comedies of all time.

Hudo

This genuinely is a fucking Marvel movie I might be interested in. Nicholas Cage as Spider Man in some noir setting sounds interesting.

Fbh

The concept itself already sounds interesting. But with Nick Cage? This just became one of my most anticipated upcoming Tv shows

I don't give a shit what anyone says. I loved that movie. Even during the Bees part. I was like "damn, I feel bad for him" Then laughed my ass off. Still searching for my ass till this day... 👀

Top 5 comedies of all times alongside classics like Dodgeball and The Happening

Last edited:

recursive

Damn, dude is 60, gonna be a pretty slow and creaky spiderman :p

Curious if they will adapt the comic run with the experimentation on minorities for the nazis aspect, as well has the massive rogues gallery. Pretty much all of spideys main villains could make an appearance. Could be a cameo heaven if they have the budget to get some of those actors on board as well.
John wick gets it done at 59.

jason10mm

Gold Member
John wick gets it done at 59.
Barely, he's noticeably slower in the later films, plus Wick is mostly going gun drills, not bouncing around like spiderman. Sure, maybe SpiderCage will be less dynamic, or they will just use a CG model or stuntman, but I just don't see Cage selling web slinging/swinging and stuff. I suspect this will be a much more sedate character, relying more on shadowy movement, spideysense, and the like rather than ballistic rubber ball physics like most spideys.

Top Bottom