• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman Arkham Knight Trailer

squadr0n

Too robotic and mechanical looking for my tastes. Too much going on, simple is best

Nah, you can always use the dlc costumes. I want this suit sooo bad lol. Its alil too much with the transformer stuff but the armor look is exactly what you would need in a real world situation. I mean if your just a regular human with the best martial arts training in the world your still going out to joe blow with a gun if your wearing tights lol.

erawsd

reveal of the new batman suit from the Batman v Superman movie makes this suit look bad :/

and arkham knight's suit is just terrible.

To each his own. I think the AK suit is fine. The SvB suit is horrible, especially if they're really going back to the blue+grey+yellow color scheme.

To each his own. I think the AK suit is fine. The SvB suit is horrible, especially if they're really going back to the blue+grey+yellow color scheme.

Batman suit's in Arkham Knight fits the Arkham Universe, Batman's suit in SupermanVsBatman: Dawn of Justice fits into the SupermanVsBatman Universe.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I feel like this suit is grossly over-designed. The ears look stupidly long. The car looks cool, but that batsuit has gone too far. Arkham Origins had a good look.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Batman suit's in Arkham Knight fits the Arkham Universe, Batman's suit in SupermanVsBatman: Dawn of Justice fits into the SupermanVsBatman Universe.

The overwhelming response everywhere is that the suit looks dumb.

It even has the moving plates, it's IronBatman.

Batman_Arkham_Knight_harley-quinn-2-1024x576.jpg

Harley Quinn also looks terrible. Her design was never good in the previous games, but now she just looks awful. Not even from a design standpoint, her face is entirely different.

The entire art team was replaced or entire philosophy was changed. It now looks like a movie adaptation, instead of a comic book adaptation.

Oh wow you're right. The "Father to Son" trailer said "Coming 2014".

Uh oh, this doesn't bode well.

My theory is that the game will be presented at the Sony E3 conference and that that's where they'll show up the release date (for this year, of course), just to make the whole Batman game more linked to the Playstation than anything.

Or it could also mean that the game has been delayed.

Or it's neither of the above and Rocksteady is just messing with us :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Harley Quinn also looks terrible. Her design was never good in the previous games, but now she just looks awful. Not even from a design standpoint, her face is entirely different.

The entire art team was replaced or entire philosophy was changed. It now looks like a movie adaptation, instead of a comic book adaptation.

Maybe it's just the camera angle. I mean her face looks good in the CGI trailer and artwork.

tumblr_static_tumblr_n20pmr53bx1qjl5gqo1_400.jpg

944x531eny7m.jpg

Just look at Batman. He looks very similiar to his CGI model and this is the only Harley Quinn in-engine shot we have for now, so hold your horses.

CGI
2014-05-2119_12_47-offaprr.png

in-engine
2014-05-2118_37_45-of9skgy.png

Sn4ke_911

Even at that angle, her eyebrows are too much like Jack Nicholson eyebrows compared to the art and cg. It makes her look a bit more manly IMO.

CGI and in-engine eyebrows look the same to me but again we can't really say anything about Harley right now unless we get better in-game shots or a video.

denx

I'm bracing myself for disappointment
as the Arkham Knight reveals himself to be a Joker clone or whatever.

Also new suit looks good. Don't forget that
you'll start using the Arkham City suit, and then you'll upgrade to the new suit partway through the game.

G-Fex

Batsuit is bad, it's like the sonar suit from Forever but it made it worse.

Plus Batman is looking hideous.

Sn4ke_911

I think the suit looks great, much better than panties Bats in AA and AC. Also that armor suit works better with the Batmobile, since this thing is such a beast.

u6A66uq.jpg

Sn4ke_911

Batsuit is bad, it's like the sonar suit from Forever but it made it worse.

Plus Batman is looking hideous.

I see a lot of mixed reviews on the suit, but I don't know.

While I understand the appeal of the original simple design that the batsuit has had in the past games and comics, these improvements make sense for Batman. It makes a lot of sense that he'd work on tech enhancements over time to make his work easier or more effective. For fighting, I can see why he'd want flexible lightweight plates over the leather he used to have.

If you don't recall, he took a pretty good amount of physical damage in the previous games. And that said, flexible plates still allow quick movement and good mobility in battle, and allow for a lot of extra improvements. I like the design overall.

It just makes sense, Bats learned from his mistakes, got more armor on his suit so he can't get as fucked up as in the old games.

Sn4ke_911

Alright I guess.

For someone who doesn't kill he sure disabled a lot of men, hundreds.

It's a videogame, would be pretty boring if you can't "disable a lot of men".

I'm normally against armored up shit but this suit fits the Arkhamverse well.

G-Fex

It's a videogame, would be pretty boring if you can't "disable a lot of men".

I'm normally against armored up shit but this suit fits the Arkhamverse well.

Frankly I like Snake's ideal way of Tranquilizing or killing hundreds of em. Pummeling the hell out of them is fine I guess.

On Demand

Banned

I agree. I prefer the comicy art direction from AA and AC.

You think WB told them to make it match the movies, upcoming movie, a little?

I get the point of the suit looking more combat ready and looking more like what a realistic suit of armor would be with lots of moving parts. But I still like minimalism in the suits, plus it's a superhero game and I don't need realism.

When you have too much going on your eye isn't drawn to any one point anymore. The simple suits draw your eye to the logo on the chest and the ears because nothing else gets in the way and it's a very clean cut silhouette. Having lots of parts sticking out and too many ridges just looks messy and overdone with a lot of distraction. It's hard focus on any one point

Nah, you can always use the dlc costumes. I want this suit sooo bad lol. Its alil too much with the transformer stuff but the armor look is exactly what you would need in a real world situation. I mean if your just a regular human with the best martial arts training in the world your still going out to joe blow with a gun if your wearing tights lol.

Don't open the "If this was real life..." box with a character like Batman. Down that path lies the permanent ruination of the character.

That being said, I wouldn't care about the new suit if you could use the DLC costumes from the get-go. But you can't. You never can.

Let us use the DLC costumes from the get-go this time, Rocksteady, and I might actually pay for one.

SpyGuy239

I don't believe that a single second of that is gameplay.

There's definitely some CGI in there especially in some of the bat mobile scenes but most of it looks in game to me! Well if it's not I'll be terribly disappointed with such piss poor CGI

I get the point of the suit looking more combat ready and looking more like what a realistic suit of armor would be with lots of moving parts. But I still like minimalism in the suits, plus it's a superhero game and I don't need realism.

When you have too much going on your eye isn't drawn to any one point anymore. The simple suits draw your eye to the logo on the chest and the ears because nothing else gets in the way and it's a very clean cut silhouette. Having lots of parts sticking out and too many ridges just looks messy and overdone with a lot of distraction. It's hard focus on any one point

You speak the truth jack, but I also love the more techy look on them suites :)

I wish alot of you would speak for yourselves when saying "the suit is terrible." I absolutely love the new Batsuit, it looks incredible. And I love the long ears. Very intimidating. Some of you like the little nub ears on SvB suit? Yuck.

Dany

Banned
I wish alot of you would speak for yourselves when saying "the suit is terrible." I absolutely love the new Batsuit, it looks incredible. And I love the long ears. Very intimidating. Some of you like the little nub ears on SvB suit? Yuck.
They do. Weird.

HardRojo

Just look at Batman. He looks very similiar to his CGI model and this is the only Harley Quinn in-engine shot we have for now, so hold your horses.

CGI
2014-05-2119_12_47-offaprr.png

in-engine
2014-05-2118_37_45-of9skgy.png

Really diggin' Batman's new suit, can't wait to see the actual game in motion, hopefully we will get some footage at E3.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I agree. I prefer the comicy art direction from AA and AC.

You think WB told them to make it match the movies, upcoming movie, a little?

No, because ironically in the upcoming movie, the suit almost looks like the Arkham Asylum suit.

Someone made the AA/AC suit a while back, it's almost good enough to be in a movie. Certainly better than the Tim Burton suits.

It doesn't have flexing, rotating, moving pieces of armor all over it. It's much more elegant, and has the plates underneath.

I love the suit. It's actually closer to the one he has in Arkham Origins, too, which makes sense, since his suit in City (and maybe Asylum too?) was an emergency spare.

Andeeeh

Seems like they are making him more big and bulky then previously shown in the CG trailer. I remember rocksteady saying they made Batman bigger then normal for presence and to stand out more on lower resolutions for last gen consoles.

I like the idea of a less bigger batman, more slim and athletic.

gfdoom

That's the problem, nobody appreciates Dat style of West's Batman.

Look at that ridiculous thing on the right. What a mess.

at least in the movie they gave a logical reason as to why he wanted to wear something like that, protection and mobility while fighting.

Top Bottom