• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman Arkham Origins screens reveal Barbara Gordon

She has such a strop in that pic, I'm surprised she isn't sexed up though considering how Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy have looked. It's a nice change.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
She doesn't look like a super model but an average woman, god forbid.

The problem is how an "average woman" appears in the context of the heightened semi-realistic art style of the Batman games. She just looks ugly, not average.

It could just be a bad picture, though. She might look less weird in future screens.

SJRB

Gold Member
IfGptY1.png

Parsnip

Not sure what to make of her, looks a little weird. Maybe it's just a bad shot.
Still don't really care for the Batman suit in this game.
Will still play the game regardless.

RPGCrazied

Can't wait for this game. Probably won't be as good as Asylum/City though. I heard the game is only 12 hours long with side missions included which is kind of a bummer.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
People are just commenting on her design for what it is; don't have to come running in here shouting "Stop masturbating to female video game characters!!!"

I didn't say that, i just was commenting on these remarks and others which indicate the character's inclusion in the game is judged mostly by her physical appearance. There are other comments that are about the character and the events that transpire between this game and AA which are pretty interesting.

um. she's supposed to be cute.

Why is she round? :/

MY BONER IS DEEEEEEAD

I didn't say that, i just was commenting on these remarks and others which indicate the character's inclusion in the game is judged mostly by her physical appearance. There are other comments that are about the character and the events that transpire between this game and AA which are pretty interesting.

*Shrugs* All in good fun... :D I don't think anyone is going to avoid the game because of how Barbara looks....

jediyoshi

"How come she isn't in a string bat bikini with huge jugs???"

Seriously all the commenters who are criticizing her "looks" are just immature. You don't have to fantasize about every fictional female character...

You do also realize the distinction between bad design and something that's unattractive, right?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I like how women aren't supposed to be average looking in games.

That pic posted isn't how average woman look though tbh.

Hopefully it's only the scust facial expression. Nobody looks all that great when they're making that type of face.

khaaan

"Females in video games should be portrayed in all shapes and sizes, as long as it's not in something I'm interested in." -GAF

v0yce

Ugh, I was hoping the change of developer would at least improve the character designs. Guees not. Barb looks rough and Batman still has all his silly BMX gear on.

Yes, because this is an already existing character that isn't supposed to look like this.

Barbara Gordon isn't supposed to look like fucking Honey Boo Boo.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
180px-Gertrude_Yorkes_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

Reminds me of Gertrude Yorkes from Runaways.

FyreWulff

Yes, because this is an already existing character that isn't supposed to look like this.

Barbara Gordon isn't supposed to look like fucking Honey Boo Boo.

Not only does Barbara have multiple depictions throughout all the media she's been in, she doesn't look like Honey Boo Boo either, who is somewhere on the other end of the extremity spectrum from the model appearance of other women in this universe.

If having a more square face and a bit of cheeks makes someone obese, no wonder women have trouble in the gaming community with warped as fuck body imaging like that.

Refreshing to see a female video game character that doesn't look like it was designed by committee to sexually appeal to young men.

Ghazi

Meh. The whole topic is a nonissue, I think the entire game itself will look better in motion (I have seen maybe, like, one clip of this game's gameplay and it looked nice imo)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I thought ugly female faces in Arkham games was Rocksteady 3D modellers fault.

now this is WB Montreal and not Rocksteady and the problem is still there.

NoTacos

Does Batgirl not exist in this universe? She seems pretty old and isn't this like Batman's second year on the job? Also note Tim Drake as Robin in Arkham City

Top Bottom