• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 footage. (Update 2: Releasing Worldwide In September)

Skilletor

Holy fucking shit.

Bayman is going to DESTROY counters! Man...that shit.

That shit was fucking amazing.

OH MY GOD!

Christie's powerblow is hot.

TreIII

That stage is definitely ripped staight out of MGS4, but Im not complaining.

Christie is looking really good and Bayman looks quite different, not in a bad way but not quite in a good way either. It's just different. Im still not liking the idea of having a power meter sort of move, I rather that stuff remain in SNK and SF games.

Power Blow is actually not a move dictated by a meter. It's basically more like a glorified "charge attack".

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Power Blow is actually not a move dictated by a meter. It's basically more like a glorified "charge attack".

Yes, and if Team DOA is to be believed, they're going to be able to be side-stepped or countered. So people shouldn't be relying on them too much.

TreIII

Yes, and if Team DOA is to be believed, they're going to be able to be side-stepped or countered. So people shouldn't be relying on them too much.

Yep. Furthermore, the user can actually side-step cancel the PB. So at least at this point in time, it's a nice "baiting/punishing" mechanic.

I guess that's not bad, it's sorta like the unlockable attacks in Tekken. Not sure about the slo-mo affect of the attack.

What happens during the "slo-mo" moment is that you actually have like 2-3 seconds to choose where you want to direct where your opponent flies after the attack. So, if you are in range of a Danger Zone, you could send your opposition careening that way.

Skilletor

These are both true in the demo.

You're not going to be hitting good players with them very often. They're super good at baiting counters, though.

Yep. Furthermore, the user can actually side-step cancel the PB. So at least at this point in time, it's a nice "baiting/punishing" mechanic.

I declare you my DoA Bro.

TheSeks

I wrote tecmoKoei twice...got denied a demo both times. Fuuuuck :(

LOL. I should just send them "GIVE ME THE DEMO YOU ASSHOLES! D:" since lying to them didn't work. Why they made it exclusive to Ninja Gaiden 3 owners, I'll never know. They need to be putting it out there so people can "get hype" as the kids would say.

Someone tweet the director dude and rabble rabble rabble about it!

gogogow

Christie and Bayman looking good. Every character up till now has been a nice upgrade, except Hitomi. Are they gonna fix her or not :mad:

TreIII

I declare you my DoA Bro.

*brofist-here.jpg*

I always had a soft spot for DOA, the first 3D fighter I ever played. The 5 Alpha demo wasn't perfect, but it really seems like they're on the right track to a solid release. So, needless to say, I'm pumped. I'll definitely be copping this and TTT2 in September!

LOL. I should just send them "GIVE ME THE DEMO YOU ASSHOLES! D:" since lying to them didn't work. Why they made it exclusive to Ninja Gaiden 3 owners, I'll never know. They need to be putting it out there so people can "get hype" as the kids would say.

Someone tweet the director dude and rabble rabble rabble about it!

Yea I didn't feel like spending $60 on a demo. NG3 from what little I played was pretty meh. But this is after playing NG and NG2 extensively. I think they want me to rage for a demo.

TreIII

575490_10150741471411785_109196331784_9681087_821986502_n.jpg

149449_10150741470171785_109196331784_9681085_626096354_n.jpg

(Of course, most of this stuff I'm citing, as always, hails from FreeStepDodge)

TheSeks

I really don't get the complaining over Hitomi's face. It isn't... bad...?

SykoTech

Great stuff. So many fighting games to look forward to in the last few years, but this year in particular. This today and Battle Royale gameplay tonight. Sweet.

Now let's get Snake in here as a guest to match the stage.

Wow, loving Bayman's redesign. He looks super badass now. The whole vibe of DOA5 is really cool, I think they're going to have a huge hit on their hands with the right marketing.

Endo Punk

Did Bayman always have that scar? I haven't played a DOA game in 10 years so my disdain towards his new look may just be that Ive been off the loop for a while regarding DOA.

BadWolf

Wow, loving Bayman's redesign. He looks super badass now. The whole vibe of DOA5 is really cool, I think they're going to have a huge hit on their hands with the right marketing.

Visuals are fantastic, its the gameplay and balance that I'm waiting a wait and see approach toward.

That stage is definitely ripped staight out of MGS4, but Im not complaining.

Christie is looking really good and Bayman looks quite different, not in a bad way but not quite in a good way either. It's just different. Im still not liking the idea of having a power meter sort of move, I rather that stuff remain in SNK and SF games.

funny cause i was thinking "that stage is definitely ripped straight out of Call of Duty"

TheSeks

The characters sure seem nice but the sceneries have been a bit of a letdown so far.

>implying people play fighting games mostly for the visuals

...Okay, okay... maybe. But DOA5's stages are on par with the models which look damn good so far. I mean go look at NG3 if you want to see terrible art direction from this "team."

Wait, didn't Bayman blow up in DOA 4?

No? I thought that was Fame Douglass?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
That footage looks really good, cant wait to see more. Dumb question(?): Did Itagaki have the same leadership roll/input in DOA as he did in NG?

Alx

I thought that Christie's snake stance looked off, maybe my memory's wrong but it looks "softer" than in DOA4. She still looks great though, I may keep her as my main character.
I'm still waiting for more colorful environments though. The building and the war zone are technically impressive, but visually boring.

blurrygil

Coming from someone who doesn't really care about the DOA series:

Damn, models look great and the gameplay tweaks do have me intrigued.

LOL @ the MGS4 level. Oddly enough, I was joking to my co-workers how much Bayman looks a bit like young Ocelot from Snake Eater, or really any other badass-like boss from a recent entry in the series.

I'll keep my eye on this one. DOA has always been attractive, but never playable to me in the FG world. I want to like it, because it's just so damn ridiculous to me. But the gameplay just doesn't deliver.

Consider me...conservatively hype. :)

I thought that Christie's snake stance looked off, maybe my memory's wrong but it looks "softer" than in DOA4. She still looks great though, I may keep her as my main character.
I'm still waiting for more colorful environments though. The building and the war zone are technically impressive, but visually boring.

The river/raft level in the Akira reveal trailer looks very nice.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Who do I have to punch at Tecmo in order for them to stop using 50% compression jpegs in their promo material?

SykoTech

Top Bottom