• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 footage. (Update 2: Releasing Worldwide In September)

If they fix Hitomi's face, I'll be amazed. I didn't imagine they would, but in comparison to everyone else they've showed, she looks...special.

That being said, I'm stoked for the video.

BadWolf

If they are taking opinions into account then I really hope they address Christie's costume's underwear issue.

She looks so good otherwise.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why can't they just... give us all these pre-alpha demos? :(

SMH. I want to play DOA5 NAO.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
401633_10150874155511785_109196331784_9891750_872370337_n.jpg

Ugh.

2DDjX.png

UGH! Tecmo, you're killing me over here. Use a PNG, damnit!

Akira looks broke as fuck, everything basically ends in a wall slam/big push back which suits this game crazy good.

I really wish they would beta this shit for 6 months then fix balance for final version.

There's this list of characters in the executable. Might end up being the final character roster. 6 costumes for most characters.
Can I bump this thread with some bad news? There's been "someone might be getting cut" talk, so I went in and double checked the characters in the Alpha demo's code to make sure I didn't miss anything last time.

What I found is that while Leon does have a camera for use during character select and in game use, he doesn't have any costumes or model data listed in the actual demo like everyone else.

Alpha-152 has no character select camera but does have an in-game camera and a single costume listed.

It looks like Leon got cut really early in the development of the game and that we'll only have 23 playable characters.

Here's the corrected list of playable characters in alphabetical order:

• Akira
  • Ayane
  • Bass
  • Bayman
  • Brad
  • Christie
  • Eliot
  • Gen Fu
  • Hayabusa
  • Hayate
  • Helena
  • Hitomi
  • Jann Lee
  • Kasumi
  • Kokoro
  • Lei Fang
  • Lisa
  • Mila
  • Pai
  • Rig
  • Sarah
  • Tina
  • Zack

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can the characters be unlocked on the demo like people did in RE6 demo to unlock weapons? Or there are just code data and no models around? I'm clueless -_-

Pachimari

Of all characters, why Leon? He were one of my favorites of Dead or Alive, guess Christie is the only way to go in Dead or Alive 5 - at least if I'm getting it.

Galdelico

I hope they're unique outfits.
So far - looking at all the characters revealed (and showcased while wearing different costumes) - this seems the case.
I'd rather have 6 interesting aternates, instead of 10 pointless colour-swaps.

Also, about Leon... He's never been my main/favourite fighter and it's a shame if he's gonna be cut, but I'd be ok with the 23 characters roster: aside from Ayane, Kasumi and Zack I barely use the others for unlocking purposes and little more (plus, Rig sounds like another one I'd love to learn).

KingJ2002

If leon got the cut... it's alright with me... i preferred bayman.

this move makes sense since Leon's backstory ended in DOA 3 and character development would have been moot.

Akito

I guess I'm on team white unless you can somehow get both packs. Jeezus, I'm such a sucker for DOA, I have no interest in bonus costumes elsewhere.

Top Bottom