• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 footage. (Update 2: Releasing Worldwide In September)

MjFrancis

I tried this and got the following response:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but if you can send us a photo copy of the code from either the receipt, back of the redemption card or copying and pasting the code(digital copy) then we will be able to further assist you."

So I guess it's been abused one too many times.
It was bound to happen eventually. I'm surprised they didn't resort to this initially, but at least they were unknowingly hospitable enough for a time to pass out a few free codes.

SykoTech

Welp, I caved as expected. Sent Tecmo an e-mail last Monday saying my PSN code wasn't working.

On Thursday, they finally e-mailed me back asking for the code (not a receipt or anything, just the code). So I made up something.

Well apparently that made up code worked, because they sent me an e-mail last night wih a code for the Collector's Edition. And I didn't even claim to have the CE to begin with. Didn't know that I received that e-mail until this morning though, so I have no time to download and play it until later. But I did enter the code, and it works.

I guess it all depends on who answer's you're e-mail. I'd send in something and hope for the best if I were you, Lyte Edge.

Finally got to play the demo last night. Wasn't impressed. I did, however, get tired of seeing Hitomi's ugly face whenever she did the zoom-in slowdown move.

Also, having to play for demos is retarded. I hope this doesn't catch on.

DonMigs85

Just for fun I decided to email Tecmo-Koei support yesterday to see if I could snag a free demo code and whaddaya know, it worked! It's for the premium demo to boot.

Rising_Hei

Unlike NG3, i have high hopes in this game.
NG3 being crap doesn't mean that this will be as well -_- i wish i could try the demo, though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Welp, I caved as expected. Sent Tecmo an e-mail last Monday saying my PSN code wasn't working.

On Thursday, they finally e-mailed me back asking for the code (not a receipt or anything, just the code). So I made up something.

Well apparently that made up code worked, because they sent me an e-mail last night wih a code for the Collector's Edition. And I didn't even claim to have the CE to begin with. Didn't know that I received that e-mail until this morning though, so I have no time to download and play it until later. But I did enter the code, and it works.

I guess it all depends on who answer's you're e-mail. I'd send in something and hope for the best if I were you, Lyte Edge.

How many digits and how many letters?

eXistor

I've got a few codes left over from work, both Xbox and PS3. PM if you want one. Not sure if they work world-wide though. They might just work for the Netherlands. But I need to get rid of them so you might as well try.

/edit: actually I only have 1 360 code left, the rest is PS3

Pachimari

Oh, ignore my PM then,
Thanks anyway eXistor.

If anyone got a spare code for PS3 then don't hesitate sending me a PM.
I'm getting some fighting sticks, so would like to try them out. :)

Dany

Banned
Thanks for the code.

I like the game, I switched it to classic and turned off hit effects and well, it was classic DOA but some of the changes that they made seemed cool so far. Ayane is crazy slow, and American VO? cool I guess.

ITs been awhile since I played DOA4 and remembered most of her stuff. The special danger zones seem cool. The longer you hold the bigger the effect?

rvy

Banned
Been replaying DOA 4, I had forgotten how insanely dumb the Achievements for this game are. Time Trial is hilarious. I especially like how they don't stack up, lol.

It was bound to happen eventually. I'm surprised they didn't resort to this initially, but at least they were unknowingly hospitable enough for a time to pass out a few free codes.

I got that same email, I just replied with a random combo of 25 digits and said it was a usa digital code, they replied with a real one :)

TreIII

Looks like we can look forward to some new stuff this week.

So as Mr. Shinbori said, we have new info this week. We'll reveal two new characters soon! Could they be some of your favorites?

- https://twitter.com/#!/TeamNINJAStudio/status/194317315158978562

Bayman? Jann Lee?
Surprise interruption of a fight from Pai or Sarah?

Also, Shimbori got a little gift while a "certain visitor" from FreeStepDodge came to visit in Japan!

arivujjcqaaemwy-jpg-large-jpg.105

ariv5xmceaa4amn-jpg-large-jpg.106

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I love how the only chatter comes from the armed forced trying to get these two bozos out of a warzone.

Wish Tecmo didn't deny me a demo code. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Goddamn it, Tecmo why can't you just give the public the pre-alpha demo already? ;___; Playing DOA4 is nice and all, but I want to play this on my PS3 instead of a cousins 360. >:|

LowParry

My first thought was "Metal Gear!?"

That was pretty cool. Bayman being boss as usual. And Christie looking hot. Need more character reveals! Helena pleeeeease!

TreIII

Why am I suddenly getting this Ninja Gaiden 3 vibe from this game?

It's all Team Ninja, but the DOA and NG Teams couldn't be any more different. One difference being that Shimbori (DOA director) has actually been listening to fans and taking their comments into consideration, while Hayashi, as the NG3 director clearly didn't.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really hope Tecmo adds characters DoA3 outfits for like Hitomi, Christie and Bayman to the outfit selections and they aren't DLC. Because, for me, their DOA3 outfits are classics.

Christie's outfit here is kinda similar but I liked the white/black stripes. :/

Bayman doesn't look like Bayman without his barret. :(
That said HNNNG Bayman redone face.

For the others, I guess their DOA2 outfits would be classic or something. The DOA1 outfits weren't that good. :/

(And I want the X-box Booth Girls outfits even on PS3. Come on MS let Tecmo do that. ;___;)
((AND SWIMSUITS!))

Endo Punk

That stage is definitely ripped staight out of MGS4, but Im not complaining.

Christie is looking really good and Bayman looks quite different, not in a bad way but not quite in a good way either. It's just different. Im still not liking the idea of having a power meter sort of move, I rather that stuff remain in SNK and SF games.

Top Bottom