• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Deep Down dev report video with new gameplay, beta delayed to 2015

Wasn't the beta supposed to come out with the Japanese PS4 launch? Yeah, Panta Rhei must be giving them problems. Let's see if they'll do anything with it after this game or if they'll Crystal Tools it.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
The Deep Down name is still the biggest burn to my hype machine ever before the PS4 dropped. You couldn't have convinced me with a personal visit from Capcom top brass that this wasn't Dragon's Dogma 2 in disguise.

This looks like it'll do tho. The 4 player looks like reeeaaally good times.

Thread needs more GIFs. I'm almost getting more excited for this game than Bloodborne even.

iPk3F5W020Yyr.gif

iIDrH7PsxvtYk.gif

i8lp7Rdxfkp2T.gif

Lucent

I've said this before and I'll say it again. This is the best looking game of this gen so far, in my opinion. It just reeks of atmosphere. Can't wait for this, Bloodborne, Lords of the Fallen and the inevitable Dark Souls sequel! All similiar in some way, shape or form.

WE LIVE IN GOOD TIMES, NERDS!

lol yeah. Just hope that the levels are more interesting than what's been shown in this. Would kinda suck if there was no elevation or anything. Just all flat floors and stuff. But it's looking like a good co-op game to play with peeps.

Korten

Banned
Would be really stupid to not release the west... More so since the game (at least the real life portion) takes place in the United States.

Looks amazing.

I guess part of the delay is because Capcom is struggling to figure out how to make Deep Down f2p model compelling for its target audiences.

Game really looks amazing.

raven777

graphics looking better and better.

Definitely going to check it out when I get PS4 next year, since it's free to at least try out.

PigzFly

So is this PlayStation Home's spiritual successor that includes an Animus that gives you access to a Souls-esque game?

Sanctuary

Looking at this game just makes me resent Capcom even more
not really
One can only imagine the Dragon's Dogma sequel that will never be, or the Dragon's Dogma PC that will probably never be until there's enough demand to warrant an "HD Remaster" (*wink wink*) ten years from now.
I was going to buy a PS4 just for this game until they unveiled that it was F2p. But since I am going to buy a PS4 for Bloodborne, I will most likely end up playing this.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If this game truly ends up being free, I will put a lot of money on the IAP.

JohnGrimm

Looks like they started on Dragon's Dogma 2 and then decided that a F2P dungeon crawler was a better idea.

It's not Capcpom. It's not.

this game is getting better and better...it seems to me that it's like a 3rd person type diablo with dungeon crawler f2p now mix with dark souls like style..from the looks of it :O

Reminds me of the time a producer was doing a live runthrough to press of Dark Souls at gamescom a couple of years ago and he approached a loot chest that gobbled him up.

(I'm not a hardcore Dark Souls player, please don't kill me for my lack of knowledge!)
Why would we kill you?

There are chests that gobble you up if you're dumb enough to not hit every chest you see. And if you hit it it becomes terrifying because it grows skinny legs and arms.

Fuck that abort abort abort, get out of there.

In the words of Shigeru Miyamoto:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

A delayed game is potentially also a bankrupt developer.

Looks great!

ijgQJewBQPwhu.gif

Still no comment on if it's coming to the west? :/

I highly doubt Capcom would be putting this kind of ressources into an game to keep it only in Japan. There's too much money to be made by going world wide to not do it.

jaosobno

I don't know why, but the character movement and combat in this game looks incredibly clunky.

Besides graphics, this game looks totally uninteresting. And this entire "Animus-like" crap really grinds my gears.

ethomaz

Banned
I highly doubt Capcom would be putting this kind of ressources into an game to keep it only in Japan. There's too much money to be made by going world wide to not do it.
Sony is co-funding and co-developing the game, no?

And I agree... this game didn't looks Japan only.

Top Bottom