• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Deep Down dev report video with new gameplay, beta delayed to 2015

Korten

Banned
Sony is co-funding and co-developing the game, no?

And I agree... this game didn't looks Japan only.

And the game has had English (and some other languages) in the trailers... I mean, why would you get those voice actors... For a game to only release in a country where people mostly only speak Japanese?

Renekton

This game could sell very well as retail. I really wonder why they went for F2P.
It looks like a coop-oriented game, so maybe highly dependent on having a vibrant playerbase then people of all levels can find teammates to play.

The easiest way to get critical mass is to start off F2P.

Deep Down will definitely come outside Japan. Considering how many PS4 were sold worldwide, Sony won't allow this game to be Japan exclusive.

Edit: definitely wrong quote lol

Part of me wishes it had secretly been canceled and turned into Dragons Dogma 2 for reveal at TGS. But it looks nice and it's free, so I'll get it if it ever comes out here.

And the game has had English (and some other languages) in the trailers... I mean, why would you get those voice actors... For a game to only release in a country where people mostly only speak Japanese?

Japanese games regularly have English voice acting regardless of whether or not the game is coming to America.

pottuvoi

Banned
ibmi70jFLkJgrX.gif

Be wary of chest
Amazing chest ahead?

Duxxy3

If this game is still F2P it will bankrupt Capcom, I'm calling it now. F2P only works when you have an access to an enormous userbase (mobile and PC). I'm just looking at the visuals alone and this does not look like it's a cheap game to make. It's also been in development for quite some time, and will continue into at least 2015.

Riposte

This game looks really good. I wish we knew more about its systems.

Anyone who thinks this will remain Japan only is maybe a little too cynical.

If this game is still F2P it will bankrupt Capcom, I'm calling it now. F2P only works when you have an access to an enormous userbase (mobile and PC). I'm just looking at the visuals alone and this does not look like it's a cheap game to make. It's also been in development for quite some time, and will continue into at least 2015.

F2P games on the PS4 are doing quite well.

Korten

Banned
They're also available on multiple platforms, including PC. Also, neither games looks like deep down.

Actually outside PC and PS4, there's no other system that Warframe is on. At least not until it comes to XBO next month.

Also pretty sure Blacklight: Retribution is doing good on PS4, actually even is in a higher version than the PC the last time I checked...

Edit: Yeah, Retribution on PS4 has a new mech and new map the PC doesn't have yet...

grimmiq

I dumped about $100 and 350 hours into Warframe on PC (Did they ever allow the account mergers? Only reason I didn't start playing on PS4 at all) so I'm fine with spending the cost of a retail game on free to play as long as it's enjoyable.

Looks great and was one of the games that stood out in the early next-gen trailers last year.

Duxxy3

Actually outside PC and PS4, there's no other system that Warframe is on. At least not until it comes to XBO next month.

Also pretty sure Blacklight: Retribution is doing good on PS4, actually even is in a higher version than the PC the last time I checked...

They're available on PC though, and were available on PC long before the console version. The PC version payed for the console versions.

Deep down, on PS4 only, has to pay for itself.

aly

Does anyone know what role Sony has to play in deep down? Like did they ever specify that? Game does look better each time it shows up.

Deep down, on PS4 only, has to pay for itself.

By the time DD releases the PS4 is going to have a userbase of 15-20m. That should give it enough to find the handful of people that usually cause F2P games to thrive. And they can make a ton of money off of doing small things.

Duxxy3

By the time DD releases the PS4 is going to have a userbase of 15-20m. That should give it enough to find the handful of people that usually cause F2P games to thrive. And they can make a ton of money off of doing small things.

Should be well over 20m by mid-2015, assuming no further delays.

If the game had the visual quality of DCUO or Warframe, or any other successful F2P, I would say it will break even. Deep Down's visual quality is up there with Bloodborne, a full $60 game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I liked the video.
Can I ask a couple of question?

1) Is it supposed to be as hard as the Demons souls series?
2) being f2p will create issues for its PAL localization?
3) being f2p will somehow change my "gameplay experience"? I mean: I have to be connected online, right? but apart that, can I "just" go online a play for free, without being forced to pay something?

Japanese games regularly have English voice acting regardless of whether or not the game is coming to America.

Just like everyone else, the foreign is way more attractive to them. So yeah this doesn't mean anything.

I liked the video.
Can I ask a couple of question?

1) Is it supposed to be as hard as the Demons souls series?
2) being f2p will create issues for its PAL localization?
3) being f2p will somehow change my "gameplay experience"? I mean: I have to be connected online, right? but apart that, can I "just" go online a play for free, without being forced to pay something?

1) Probably yes, it's very likely they're making it on purpose to monetize it.
2) You might have to buy the basic game + an item or something for a very small amount of money like other f2p on ps4 (0,90€ for example)
3) You might play for free most of the time, but money might save you a lot of grinding or something like that, but we haven't heard _anything_ how they'll monetize it yet.

deim0s

This is what I like about Capcom, them character animations. Like MonHun and Dragon's Dogma they have that little oomph to it.

Needs female Avatars though. I like to play as female characters because they tend to be more pleasant to look at for extended hours.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Just like everyone else, the foreign is way more attractive to them. So yeah this doesn't mean anything.

1) Probably yes, it's very likely they're making it on purpose to monetize it.
2) You might have to buy the basic game + an item or something for a very small amount of money like other f2p on ps4 (0,90€ for example)
3) You might play for free most of the time, but money might save you a lot of grinding or something like that, but we haven't heard _anything_ how they'll monetize it yet.

Hey, thank you!
I don't like the sounds of it, but I neither hate it.
I'll seriously take a look at this game when I'll own a PS4 next year!

This looks better and better every time I see it.
Can't wait for the game.

Is it officially announced for the west?

Still 60FPS? Looks amazing, would be incredible if it would run at 60FPS.

WITHE1982

Quite a big leap from the last footage shown. Character animations and creature design are tremendous although lots of the environments still look boring as hell. Let's hope this gets an EU release and isn't just Japan only.

Two player also looks amazing. I just wish they'd do some local co-op for it. I'd love to play this with friends actually sat next to me instead of in separate houses. That being said it'll still be very cool.

Adding this to the list.

Edit: Was this one procedurally generated? I can't remember.

Top Bottom