• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Deep Down dev report video with new gameplay, beta delayed to 2015

Stealth50

Looks amazing, that's for sure. The gameplay and dungeon variety also keep looking better and better. I'm not that worried about the F2P stuff as I think they're aware that making it too obtrusive will kill the game. While many express dislike for the future-apartment-setting, I actually hope it gets a as central role as possible. That way, other people can purchase loads of cosmetics for their appartments, and thus keep the microtransactions away from the real game.

Sorral

TGS 2013
http://i.minus.com/iWUhy3WCgXUNq.gif[/img

TGS 2014
[img]http://i.minus.com/ibmi70jFLkJgrX.gif[/img
[img]http://www.gifyoutube.com/gif/aMrB9B[/img

[B]Could someone gif the spell portions of the video perhaps? Love the spell effects!! [/B] Edit : NM trying out that gifyoutube thing. But of course my work comp won't view it. Checked on my phone and the gifyoutube thing didn't work ... that sucks.

The engine just looks cleaner to me. Not overall better really.

Looks more polished, as it should with another year of work behind it. Really can't wait for this game though. I will download the game when it launches in japan immediately.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean these two?
[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/quc8bIAKeI92LeOieUFCJ-31fiwn3vmml_kabxTreV656dsdh9DFxXRQfSPkztW7OwzezM1jYQM=w1342-h533

vv57em_I28To62njx5LTGFh9xUFuBSTkwvQTmhamEX7OKdTgck_mLOstGw9NYvpsSGEg-ZmobG8=w1342-h533

Edit: Google drive doesn't like direct links I guess. Here:

- Ice spell.
- Fire spell.

More here.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Sony also helped with SquareEnix's engines (FFXIII onwards etc) and those games went multiplatform even before release. I hope for Sony's sake that they have an actual contract in place with Capcom. SE allegedly went back on a lot of agreements with Sony.

I have to say, this game looks incredible.

Also EGO/NEON Engine from the Dirt games, was a co-development between Codemasters and SCE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EGO_(game_engine)

Looks fantastic. Besides de beautiful graphics and superb animations, it seems they tweaked the combat; I was disappointed last time by how clunky and boring the combar looked but it's so much better now.

jett

D-Member
This is looking like something that originated as a tech demo and someone mistakenly decided it should be made into a real game.

Newboi

Is there a breakdown of what was talked about in the video?

Deep Down is still an impressive looking game. I just wish they didn't show that initial tech demo as that became the level of visual fidelity I came to expect of it. The GI in this game looks awesome though.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this title and really hope they give it the time and play testing it needs. Hopefully, Panta Rhei will become an awesome and mature engine and it will be used in all of their main titles.

ironcreed

Banned
It looks good and I want to try it. I just hate that it is going to be free to play with a storefront. Just let me buy a content-packed game and leave me alone. Anyway, we shall see how they handle it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
God damn that looks good. I wonder if it's still 60fps and/or if they got it up to 1080p yet.

I'm still skeptical of how Capcom will monetize this but I think the base mechanics look strong and I'll give it a shot once it's out.

ironcreed

Banned
I still don't understand what the deal is with the modern setting. Do we get like our own house or something? Other than all that, this definitely looks like Capcom's take on the Souls series, which I have no problem with whatsoever.

I'll be the first to admit that I was hyped up by Deep Down at the PS4 Reveal and then let down when I found out the demo wasn't realtime on PS4.

But this ... this is looking fantastic. I can't even hate TBH. The art style and lighting is AMAZING and those enemy designs are pretty damn good.

Only question I have is when do we get some news about localization?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Most exciting thing about this is no stupid lock-on system like in Souls. You can actually aim you strikes here.

BadWolf

Most exciting thing about this is no stupid lock-on system like in Souls. You can actually aim you strikes here.

And it will actually plays into the combat.

Iirc in one of the previous vids the character aimed for the eye of a cyclops-like enemy and actually pulled it out for the kill.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
And it will actually plays into the combat.

Iirc in one of the previous vids the character aimed for the eye of a cyclops-like enemy and actually pulled it out for the kill.

Yeah I think it's extremely cool... been waiting for FPS controls (right stick weapon aiming) to find their way into a hack n' slash dungeon crawler. It looks pretty weighty too, which is a plus.

I love Souls, but I hate lock-on systems in most games. I also don't like the roll dodge being so heavily emphasized in Souls. Deep Down, they emphasize block and parry more than rolling around like a dickhead.

Excited about this. Hope it comes stateside. Don;t even care if it's F2P or whatever, I just want to play it.

Yeah I think it's extremely cool... been waiting for FPS controls (right stick weapon aiming) to find their way into a hack n' slash dungeon crawler. It looks pretty weighty too, which is a plus.

I love Souls, but I hate lock-on systems in most games. I also don't like the roll dodge being so heavily emphasized in Souls. Deep Down, they emphasize block and parry more than rolling around like a dickhead.

Excited about this. Hope it comes stateside. Don;t even care if it's F2P or whatever, I just want to play it.

*fist-bump*

Aw man, this looks good. Last time Capcpom decided to ape a popular RPG they made Dragon's Dogma. Expecting similar results here.

ibmi70jFLkJgrX.gif

Wow they have improved a lot. The lighting looks really well done and realistic. Also the motion seems much smoother than previous builds. I love PS exclusives as they always push the tech boundary.

PS4 has
too many
games :(

ironcreed

Banned
ibmi70jFLkJgrX.gif

Wow they have improved a lot. The lighting looks really well done and realistic. Also the motion seems much smoother than previous builds. I love PS exclusives as they always push the tech boundary.

PS4 has
too many
games :(

Yeah, that looks ridiculously good. I just hope they handle the free to play thing sensibly. If it ends up being something that is sold in tiers or different packages up to $60, then I will be all for it.

Top Bottom