• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't believe how hard it has been to delivering full 900 degree steering wheel animations, every car had to be rigged and animated individually. You've got both paddle shifts and stick shifts, and so many different styles of steering wheel.

The animation team really has done a cracking job, and the game just looks so much more natural because of it. When you see a car go round a tight corner with a minuscule amount of steering lock it just breaks the whole illusion, so I'm glad we've managed to raise the bar here :)

Man, this game looks absolutely mental. You and your team are raising the bar on so many levels.

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to play the finished product.

You wouldn't believe how hard it has been to delivering full 900 degree steering wheel animations, every car had to be rigged and animated individually. You've got both paddle shifts and stick shifts, and so many different styles of steering wheel.

The animation team really has done a cracking job, and the game just looks so much more natural because of it. When you see a car go round a tight corner with a minuscule amount of steering lock it just breaks the whole illusion, so I'm glad we've managed to raise the bar here :)
I want this game!

You're animation team has done a wonderful job.

tusken77

k8fet.gif

Another astounding gif.

The first rule of DriveClub is: You do not doubt DriveClub. The second rule of DriveClub is: You do not doubt DriveClub.

Jamesways

Man, this game looks absolutely mental. You and your team are raising the bar on so many levels. Keep up the good work I can't wait to play the finished product.

Cannot be said enough. Extremely impressive clips coming out. I knew it'd look good, but damn!

Looks stunning! Animations, lighting, just incredible.

And congrats on the kid Rushy, I can't imagine how you're balancing parenting and work, I've got a 5 week old now myself.

I doubted the game for a long time, but these short clips blew me away.

Just pre ordered it on amazon and noticed that I'll get 50% off for a one year ps+ subscription with it.

Perkel

Banned

Trust me Rushy i believe. No racing game has so smooth full 900 animation like Driveclub has. I played most of car games there are including almost all sim racers, arcades and ton of other games and usually it is borked 900 animation which as you mentioned look just bad (like for example GT5 prologue demo) or it is 360 wheel animation which doesn't really move as it should IRL.

Those animations constantly annoy me in every racing game because i drive irl cars and i feel always detached when i am tring to do 90 turn and wheel in game does like 40...

Big props for animation team.

Also i noticed from trailers that characters in those cars are insanely detailed for racing game. At PS meeting there was a thing that player character would actually open car door and go in car from FPP.

Is this why you created so detailed characters ? I mean it would be cool to for example exit from car and meet in FPP with other people ala Home before race.

Hello. Do you which wheels will work for Drive Club? G27?

Racer30

Lovely!

I`m from Norway and have driven around this area a few times, you absolutely nailed the surroundings, looks awesome!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This game is just destroying the competition in terms of lighting and trackside detail. I'm one of the guys who thought racing games would see a lot of diminishing returns but this is pretty mind blowing.

Perkel

Banned
DFGT support too please :(

DFGT is also Logitech so probably same situation as G25 and G27.

Problem here is that Logitech laid off its wheel division so there might be no one there to send Sony their drivers for PS4.

Fanatec is in the same situation since they used Logitech emulated drivers if i got that right from other thread.

Gurish

GOD DAMN!

I seriously think this is the best looking racer ever after the latest footage,even more than Project Cars.Incredible!

darkwing

DFGT is also Logitech so probably same situation as G25 and G27.

Problem here is that Logitech laid off its wheel division so there might be no one there to send Sony their drivers for PS4.

Fanatec is in the same situation since they used Logitech emulated drivers if i got that right from other thread.

yup, stupid Logitech :(

viveks86

I can't count that high in just 6 seconds! Whaddya take me for?!?

Seriously, longer vids pls.

Hehe. Between 0:02 and 0:03, there is one frame where you can clearly see 6 cars in front.

And between 0:05 and 0:06, you can clearly see 4 cars in the rear view mirror. There is one frame where i see a car that isn't counted in either of those 2 frames. That's 12 in all. I might be imagining one car, but it's 11 at the minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom