• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

viveks86

Downloaded all 4 GIFs from gamersyde and have been watching them endlessly. All look stunning. How about we do a poll on which is GAF's favorite?

My vote:
Scotland Racing. The video has impeccable lighting and the sense of speed is awesome. Loved the way the car realistically lands after catching some air.

coldcrush

Neo Member
I am rooting for this game, I think the honesty from the dev's recently and their open-ness has been really refreshing, as disappointed as I was with the delay I can see that it only has brought huge improvements to the game which is ultimately 100% worth it, these latest snippets of game play have looked phenomenal, I have a friend who works there and confirms that they have made huge improvements visually over the last 6 months, I hope that the next few months they continue to do so.
Good on them for having the balls to delay in order to bring the experience they wanted.

Yep next gen is here. Sony's WWS doing what they do best - blowing minds!

+Team delay (it appears to be doing DC the world of good and will spread post launch content nicely over the next 6 months alongside Infamous and Watch Dogs)

The thing that I'm finding funny, is that everyone is grateful for the delay because it brought them a massive leap forward in visuals, but they haven't even begun to dig into the extra allotted time, this is probably an old build still lol. This is what we would have gotten without the delay :p

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The thing that I'm finding funny, is that everyone is grateful for the delay because it brought them a massive leap forward in visuals, but they haven't even begun to dig into the extra allotted time, this is probably an old build still lol. This is what we would have gotten without the delay :p

Yeah, this is probably close to what would have shipped for launch. We'll see what else they add with the extra time.

Socky

The gamersyde GIFs are something else. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. /goes off to play some Pacific Rim in anticipation.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm glad this game got delayed. It was going to come out to a venerable murderers row of driving games, including Forza 5, Need for Speed Rivals, and Sony's own Gran Turismo 5. Depending on when it hits, it could come out before The Crew and get a bunch of sales all to itself.

It sucks that Sony only has two retail games at launch, but game consoles have launched with worse.

otapnam

I'm glad this game got delayed. It was going to come out to a venerable murderers row of driving games, including Forza 5, Need for Speed Rivals, and Sony's own Gran Turismo 5. Depending on when it hits, it could come out before The Crew and get a bunch of sales all to itself.

It sucks that Sony only has two retail games at launch, but game consoles have launched with worse.

U mean 2 first party games?

coldcrush

Neo Member

In order to have the build pass verification, and then the physical copies to be printed etc in time for launch this would have been a cut off point of a few weeks ago, the recent uploads in the past few days are beyond that point, the features / visual effects that probably got cut at this time are probably being re implemented and worked on,
but yes, agreed, what we are seeing is probably not a million miles away from what they would have launched with,,, in the next few months there will definitely be more time to further improve visuals & game., I would expect that the delay was not just for visual fidelity but also for additional game play features to be polished

panda21

oh wow I missed this, looks amazing. this is by far the PS4 game i'm most interested in so i'm really disappointed by the delay.

I'm curious if the gameplay balance will slip further to the arcade side during these extra months of dev time. I'm not much of a sim guy so I'm holding out hope.

On a side note, there isn't much discussion of in game music. Why is that?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm curious if the gameplay balance will slip further to the arcade side during these extra months of dev time. I'm not much of a sim guy so I'm holding out hope.

On a side note, there isn't much discussion of in game music. Why is that?
What recent updates has you thinking that might happen?

Jeels

I really hope this is a January title. Would be the perfect purchase going into a new year. Not even going for the free PS+ version any more.

iF5lgXx1aK069.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom