• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Elgato HD60 Pro, 1080p 60fps internal cap card

Armadilo

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=8&v=PlJIwBSj3is

▼ HD60 Pro Highlights:

- Stream and record your Xbox, PlayStation, or Wii U gameplay
- Stunning 1080p quality with 60 fps
- Built-in live streaming to Twitch, YouTube & more
- Instant Gameview: stream with superior low latency technology
- Stream Command: add webcam, overlays, and more
- Master Copy: simultaneous 1080p60 H.264 recording while streaming
- Built-in live commentary feature
- Advanced H.264 hardware encoding
- Unlimited capture right to your PC
- Flashback Recording: record retroactively
- Price: $199 USD, €199, £159

new HD60 Pro's Instant Gameview low-latency preview mode Demo Video-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=w5dEBa8x2f4

So is the only advantage over the HD60 zero latency in the preview window? If so I'll just stick with my original HD for the time being.

The only thing that the original HD can't do that the HD60Pro can do is 1080p60fps recording and playing in the preview window. There isn't any quality difference or pass through latency difference between the models. The software is all the same.

Literally, Instant Gameview is the only new feature. Don't know why they didn't just make a USB3.0 model.

So ah like I said in the other thread.

Hopefully someone will do a comparison with this and the Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, the current reigning best capture card.

Mr Moose

Any word on if they allow for uncompressed capture now? The HD60 had horrible compression.

This is what I am waiting to find out. I've got the normal Elgato, hoping this one improves video/PNG quality (PS4s PNGs are awesome, but having to use SD card from PS4 to PC and back is a pain in the arse).

So what's a good external version? I've been sitting on making some videos just for fun for a long time and I'd love to cover Wii U and PS4. My co-worker has one and told me it comes with a nice video editor.

Is there anything like this that allows for recording/streaming of older consoles, such as the SNES? Is it possible with an HDMI converter?

EDIT: This is probably a super ignorant question, so sorry in advance and thanks for any replies/suggestions.

Timu

Is there anything like this that allows for recording/streaming of older consoles, such as the SNES? Is it possible with an HDMI converter?
It should be possible as once the SNES goes digital the capture card would detect it.

However, certain HDMI converters don't work with the SNES so be careful about that.

It should be possible as once the SNES goes digital the capture card would detect it.

However, certain HDMI converters don't work with the SNES so be careful about that.

Alright. Considering options going forward to record some direct footage from a few old consoles I'm still holding on to hence clicking on this thread. Thanks!

Timu

Alright. Considering options going forward to record some direct footage from a few old consoles I'm still holding on to hence clicking on this thread. Thanks!
Yeah I tried it before and I managed to get my SNES to work with one of my 2 capture cards.

Bravoexo

The LGX still has a proprietary PS3 cable, and a proprietary Composite/Component in cable. And it bypassed via HDMI out, but the preview is quite low latency enough to be playable in realtime of capture.

Aeana

EDIT: This is probably a super ignorant question, so sorry in advance and thanks for any replies/suggestions.

The Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI comes with a breakout cable that supports component, composite, and s-video inputs. If you add an XSYNC-1, then you can also do RGB capture.

I don't like that it doesn't do any of the retro consoles.

What do people know about this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PC5HUA6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Seems it has some of the same internals as the X-Capture One.

Yes, that's the same chip as the XCAPTURE-1/SC-5121-L DVI. And thus is a good suggestion to the person I responded to above as well.

Timu

The LGX still has a proprietary PS3 cable, and a proprietary Composite/Component in cable. And it bypassed via HDMI out, but the preview is quite low latency enough to be playable in realtime of capture.
Wow, I didn't know that, that's awesome!

Bossniak

I have a aver media live extreme and I'm happy with it, low latency as well. I am wondering if this new elgato is lower or about the same.

I was thinking perhaps there was a way to do an external PCI to thunderbolt housing adapter, but it is most likely cheaper to just build a PC.

The second major feature of the HD60 Pro that we are excited to bring you is the ability to record your stream at up 60 Mbps, so that you can use this content at a later time to create high quality 1080p 60fps highlight videos. These can include your stream webcam and overlays, or just show pure gameplay.

The HD60 was 40 Mbps FYI.

This sounds awesome TBH.

whats the general issue with 40mbit bitratio as a maximum recording?
havent found any visual issues with a 40mbit recording yet, also uploads to youtube even when watching them in 1080p60fps will give you a way lower bitratio so whats the need of 60mbit over 40mbit?

Cleve

I'm surprised this has hdmi in on the card. Using a breakout box for equipment like this seems like such a no-brainer.

Parfait

Neat. I can play console games directly on my pc input on my TV and never have to switch inputs. Lag has always been a concern for me with these things but this seems practically lag free.

Is there really that much of a difference in quality with 40 Mbps vs. 60 in practice? I've been happy with the 40 Mbps quality on the HD60 but it's not perfect either.

And I can see the advantages of the PCI-E form factor from a technical/video quality standpoint but it's difficult for me to see how I could hook this up to my console and TV with the way the room is set up. It's one thing to use one extended USB cable (which is only hooked up when recording) from the HD60 to my desktop computer but for this I would need two long (and thus thicker) HDMI cables. I can't see that being workable.

What bandwidth does the HD60PRO need exactly? I could buy a PCIE to Thunderbolt 2 housing adapter like this $350 one here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EchoExpSE1 and perhaps I get a HD60PRO to work with my mid 2015 15-inch MacBook Pro with the same low latency. Thunderbolt 2 has 20gbps of bandwidth. Seems like the HD60PRO captures at 60mbps (mbps not gbps). Does anyone think that would work just as well?

Edit: Indeed, seems like I could get the above to work nicely bandwidth wise.

Wish I could stream 3DS/DS/Vita x handhelds

Thought they already had internal streaming from el gato but that's a cool update , might get that in the future

I just found a post online that basically notes Thunderbolt has 9 microseconds of lag. And PCIE x1 slots seem to have lower than Thunderbolt 2 bandwidth limits.

The Original Elgato HD has an SD breakout cord that comes with and it is still sold.

I already have an elgato HD60 and I am waiting on them to bring out some features that will give me a reason to upgrade. I know that consoles are only going up to 1080p now, but they could add USB 3.1 with lower latency and possibly slightly higher resolution capablities.

Not much use for Americans where the average upload speed is only like 40Mbps.

I don't think any company that handle and maintain servers would want to receive a constant 40mbps stream of data from hundreds individuals at once. I hear you can upload at ~9mbps bitrate on Youtube Gaming.

It'll be interesting to see. The Micomsoft card is the best capture card I've ever owned by a long shot.

Yeah, I'm wondering what I should get because that Micomsoft is an insanely expensive import.

If this Elgato proves good, I might get it just because it's more readily available versus the near $400 price tag I'll probably face importing Micomsoft's capture card.

Lettuce

Can it capture 5.1 PCM, DD or DTS though??

The Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 still wipes the floor with the competition!!!

Top Bottom