• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GAF Anthem just dropped, "FACTS"

John Bilbo

bx3cC7F.png

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
How low effort can you get?

You feature Ben Shapiro but have him do his verse slowly instead of five pages at lightning speed. And, honestly, Tom Macdonald looks like a clown so it’s impossible to take seriously.

While writing this post I started imagining an alternate version of this that doesn’t suck as much but still promotes the intended message.

Tom starts out glorifying himself, drugs, sex, etc., fancy cars, typical rapper trajectory. He gets famous for a while but declines because he’s partying instead of making music. No one really respects him. He spirals into meaninglessness, sits at the club doing all the drugs while his hangers on use him.

Then Tom gets a random club girl pregnant. He pressures her for an abortion but she’s Christian so she refuses. He’s furious, raps a verse about how she’s a bleep bleep bleep and life isn’t fair and how he’s going to do something awful to her, but then he overdoses and nearly dies. No one visits him at the hospital because he has no real friends. He sits alone in a dark room rapping nihilistically.

Ben walks in with his rapid fire verse. Explaining how shit Tom is. How his life is a lie. Being a judgmental little guy, but he’s not wrong. Ben and Tom go back and forth for a few lines but Ben raps twice as fast and Tom starts to realize how selfish and ugly and pointless his perspective is, from the hospital bed. Ben tells him it’s time to take responsibility for his actions, find God, do the right thing. Since Ben is around 4’3 this is a great time for him to stand over the bed wagging his finger authoritatively without any forced perspective camera work.

Tom takes all his clown makeup off and gets his tattoos removed, starts volunteer home building for the needy, and proposes to the girl he got pregnant. He’s still making music but the style has shifted dramatically from the beginning to the hospital to now, one verse to the next, and at the end he’s making a new song about discipline and humility, self-respect and family, instead of bitches and drugs and himself.

That would require effort and introspection though, so instead we have there are only two genders, pronouns bad, Lizzo is fat. Talentless culture war trash.

I never knew redneck rap was a thing. I wish I didn’t.
I found out about it through Bubba Sparxxx.

I’m going to take a wild guess and say that he either popularized the genre itself with the help of Timbaland, or he is at least seen as one of the leading, grandfathered-in artists behind the genre.

Jsisto

Somehow I find another face tattooed rapper I’ve never heard of way more cringe than Ben Shapiro rapping in a hoodie. Where do they keep finding these guys? Are they making them in a lab or something?

I found out about it through Bubba Sparxxx.

I’m going to take a wild guess and say that he either popularized the genre itself with the help of Timbaland, or he is at least seen as one of the leading, grandfathered-in artists behind the genre.

Didn't Kid Rock come before him? I just checked, and yes, he did.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I'm not a Ben Shapiro fan. I disagree with a lot of takes and how he delivers cherry-picked facts quickly and then moves on before his opponents can interject nuance.

Having said that, his verse in this is (I think) legitimately funny and done tongue-in-cheek.

JayK47

I thought it was ok. Better then other stuff from Tom. It is not like I am a fan. This is the first I have heard of it. I thought I heard Ben was playing violin for this song. I didn't notice it. When you go against woke, you tend to go it alone or with way less resources and support than the mainstream garbage. So all things considered it is not too bad.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The music is good but the lyrics and flow are cringe. You can tell his heart isn't in it. Didn't Shapiro say rap isn't music? There was so much about the song itself I didn't like except for the actual music accompaniment.

Top Bottom