• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Genei Ibun Roku #FE screenshots for Tharja, Virion, Draug and new characters

DrArchon

Does Tharja have arms? Or are they going for a Fi type thing here? They all look cool, but I can't help but call them Personas instead of Mirages.

daevious

Definitely agreeing here. The art direction and character designs are just sumptuously beautiful.

Easily the second (after P5) best looking game out of Japan so far this generation for me.

Which is funny when you consider that both games are being made by the same company.

I'm almost disappointed that they made Tharja so safe for work, I figured that would be the lewdest character in the game. But it's a cool design, although the obsured face is a bit odd.

SoldnerKei

Tharja looks pretty awesome, but man Virion, what the actual hell?! if he looked like that in Awakening he would be my fav character.

I really liked those designs. Now I need Cherche and Minerva in this lol.

Sölf

Okay, I expected something, but not this. Tharja doesn't look as good as I had hoped, but holy shit Virion and Draug look badass!

Shizuka

fry_drooling.gif

I need this, badly.

I'm almost disappointed that they made Tharja so safe for work, I figured that would be the lewdest character in the game. But it's a cool design, although the obsured face is a bit odd.

Most of the Mirage's shown so far have had their faces obscured. Seems to be a design choice.

Think it's say to say Virion easily has the best design of the 3 IMO. Tharja and Draug's design are pretty good though. It's certainly an improvement anyway.

marmoka

Banned
I would like to see some Shin Megami Tensei demons, and less idol stuff. Also a new trailer, I think it's about time.

Not lewd enough but I will say I really like Tharjas design in this game. This game keeps getting better and better.

Probably a week after Persona 5.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we got this first before P5 considering the game is pretty much finished and ready to be released in Dec for Japan. I'd say we'll probably get it around Spring 2016 at best depending on how the localization is going.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I would like to see some Shin Megami Tensei demons, and less idol stuff. Also a new trailer, I think it's about time.

The entire game's theme is based on idol and work in the entertainment industry in general

FluxWaveZ

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we got this first before P5 considering the game is pretty much finished and ready to be released in Dec for Japan. I'd say we'll probably get it around Spring 2016 at best depending on how the localization is going.

Xenoblade X is going to have about a 7 month delay and Fire Emblem Fates' delay between the JPN and NA release is going to be more than 6 months. Thinking we'll get #FE before June 2016 is very optimistic.

ohlawd

how come the chick who is voiced by Yoshino Nanjo has a dfferent costume when transformed

she's the girl with the ripped leggings. her bikini costume was better :(

FluxWaveZ

how come the chick who is voiced by Yoshino Nanjo has a dfferent costume when transformed

she's the girl with the ripped leggings. her bikini costume was better :(

They all have Carnage Forms and alternate costumes that can be equipped in combat. There are, after all, DLC swimsuit costumes for use in battles.

foxuzamaki

Xenoblade X is going to have about a 7 month delay and Fire Emblem Fates' delay between the JPN and NA release is going to be more than 6 months. Thinking we'll get #FE before June 2016 is very optimistic.

Xenoblade X is a different story than any other localized game, fire emblem case is still weird but theres probably more to it than that, this game should have a relatively quick time

ohlawd

They all have Carnage Forms and alternate costumes that can be equipped in combat. There are, after all, DLC swimsuit costumes for use in battles.

oh. the bikini costume I was talking about is the same one she wore during her outdoor concert and the two main characters were watching

yeah ok cool I'll make everyone wear their swimsuit costumes >_>

foxuzamaki

oh. the bikini costume I was talking about is the same one she wore during her outdoor concert and the two main characters were watching

yeah ok cool I'll make everyone wear their swimsuit costumes >_>
Ohlawd pls

Hugstable

Banned

I don't think P5 will be out by June 2016 either, probably gonna be a summer JP release and Fall/Winter in west. I wouldn't be surprised if #FE got a delay also cause Atlus, but we are getting info and stuff pretty often with this game currently, so who knows. Really no point to assuming when these games are gonna come out til we get exact dates.

NeonZ

The gameplay stuff from E3 showed what looked like the 1st dungeon. Most minor enemies were based on FE classes (rather than specific characters), but there were "Troll" mirages too.

They didn't resemble SMT Trolls, but there were never trolls in FE and every FE element is redesigned too anyway.

https://youtu.be/vwoM_dT21vA?t=13m49s

FluxWaveZ

I don't think P5 will be out by June 2016 either, probably gonna be a summer JP release and Fall/Winter in west. I wouldn't be surprised if #FE got a delay also cause Atlus, but we are getting info and stuff pretty often with this game currently, so who knows. Really no point to assuming when these games are gonna come out til we get exact dates.

I was strictly speaking of "Spring 2016" for #FE in NA. The game definitely won't be getting delayed in Japan at this point, but I doubt it's going to be releasing here before Summer 2016.

Xenoblade X is a different story than any other localized game, fire emblem case is still weird but theres probably more to it than that, this game should have a relatively quick time

They're both exceptions? Has Nintendo typically had quick turnarounds for RPGs that aren't based on Mario or Pokemon?

Oh right, that. I think the characters will have three standard forms. In Kiria's case:

• Casual clothing (ripped stockings)
  • Entertainment World outfit (bikini)
  • Idolsphere battle outfit (eyepatch)
But yeah, there'll be alternate outfits, so maybe you'll be able to equip Entertainment World clothes for battles at some point.

Edit: Ah wait, I totally forgot that she's shown battling in that outfit in the first trailer anyways.

Hubb

It seems like all Mirages have at least partially covered faces, probably to differentiate them from the real world characters.

Yeah that seems to be the theme/style/whatever they are going for. Doesn't mean I have to like it :(

rhandino

Banned
*Looks at Tharja design...

G9xHzhg.gif

LOL at Tharja having a more NSFW desing in this game and Virion looks divine but hardly himself, I'm ok with that tho =P

And the little girl that likes things from the Showa period is kind of serving some Akira Kogami realness.

EDIT: Ummm, I remember that Virion had blond hair in the little image in which they showed him during the Treehouse demo, let me search for him!

Hugstable

Banned
I was strictly speaking of "Spring 2016" for #FE in NA. The game definitely won't be getting delayed in Japan at this point, but I doubt it's going to be releasing here before Summer 2016.

They're both exceptions? Has Nintendo typically had quick turnarounds for RPGs that aren't based on Mario or Pokemon?

Oh right, that. I think the characters will have three standard forms. In Kiria's case:

• Casual clothing (ripped stockings)
  • Entertainment World outfit (bikini)
  • Idolsphere battle outfit (eyepatch)

Yeah I would expect this game to take a bit more time to localize than usual too since the whole idol aspect and I assune they are going to be dubbing even the music. Summer would be great though, best time for me to get alot of RPG game time in haha

Xbro

Yeah I would expect this game to take a bit more time to localize than usual too since the whole idol aspect and I assune they are going to be dubbing even the music. Summer would be great though, best time for me to get alot of RPG game time in haha

Yeah they are dubbing the music, which is what's going to take so long with this game.

Golnei

hard to believe that tharja has a more tasteful design in an atlus game

I don't think there are words for the amount of potential that was wasted. I know this design is only intended for a minor role, but it doesn't look like it could sell a keychain, let alone a 1:7 scale statue. It takes true incompetence to trample over the original's iconic perfection to this degree.

Yeah they are dubbing the music, which is what's going to take so long with this game.

Have they ever confirmed how they would localize this game? It seems like a niche game though so I doubt they would go as far as spending money on dubbing the music.

Weebos

Banned
Tharja and Virion look great. Virion in particular justifies his inclusion.

Draug looks as boring as he normally does.

Hastati

They made Tharja less lewd? boo

Virion looks cool af tho, reminds me of that Berserk apostle.

Costume DLC!!!

I was thinking mostly of Tharja costumes in general, but on a separate note Berserk would make an excellent source of all costumes in a persona game.

-Horizon-

Sölf;180437192 said:
Hm, the longer I look at Tharja the more she reminds me of Caster from Fate/Stay Night.
Oh snap you're right :O

Well we at least know that Mara didn't get the boot.

He got the shaft
Ayyyyy

#FE Spring 2016 or bust

Top Bottom