• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

WinFonda

You know that Kratos vs Hades battle is going to be some epic ass shit. Will be equivalent to the Perseus fight in GoW2.

Salaadin said:
Gorgeous.

Next year will be glorious. With this, Heavy Rain, and The Last Guardian, it feels like my life is complete.

Once 2010 is over, Im ready to die.

Damn right! Plus about another 50 games on top of those! :D

I wasnt calling it an upscaled PS2 game, it was a reference to the haters that were calling it that during E3. I think the game has looked bad ass and suitably next gens since its first showing.

God rays are the new lens flare.

gow3-5.jpg

Looks pretty good... but I don't get why this is "amazing" while other games (that look just as impressive to my eyes) are "average."

offshore

And they've still got 7 months to work on it and polish the graphics. It's gonna look even better by March I'm sure.

I love how SM is lighting the game. Its probably more art than tech, but it almost has a stop-motion quality I can't put my finger on. Like the sets and characters look hand crafted or something.

KillJade

Banned
My eyes, my eyes... they burn from the amazing. August 18th shall forever be known as the day Sony kicked my ass to the ground with awesomeness and then picked me back up to kick it some more.

That last pic looks like pure sex.
They should have ditched the first 3 though. I am sure they look great in motion but those shots are terrible.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm basically the opposite of a graphics whore, but I gotta admit: that last shot looks really sweet.

theignoramus said:
which hackandslash games look just as impressive???

Why limit it to hack and slash games?

That genre has been graphically poor this gen.

Would have been better if you said "which 60fps games look just as impressive?"

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
mr_nothin said:
The walls are made up of Dead Bodies in the Hades shots.
And they look none too happy, a wailing wall indeed.

Anyway, epic game looks epic, I'm happy they aren't using bullshots too. We all know the game will be as fluid as hell (sorry) and the game looks great how it is, it doesn't need to be overhyped with screenshots pulled out of the arse of Photoshop.

Top Bottom