• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Poimandres said:
Why limit it to hack and slash games?

That genre has been graphically poor this gen.

Would have been better if you said "which 60fps games look just as impressive?"

Personally I think it looks amazing, stacks up to just about anything Ive played

Gribbix said:
gow3-5.jpg

Looks like a painting come to life :eek:

Decado

offshore said:
Sony surely has Q1 2010 completely owned.
2010 owns, period. Almost all my most anticipated games have moved to 2010 + all the ones originally slated for 1st half 2010 = year of the generation.

That said, this winter is going to suck. Hopefully we'll see a lot of good downloadables.

StuBurns

Banned
firen said:
Poetry in motion, painting come to life...brought me to tears.
Poetry in motion = Dante's Inferno
Painting come to life = GoW3

That's kind of cool.

I disagree with both of course, but still.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Looks fuckin awesome, cant wait. This and Uncharted 2 give PS3 the graphics crown.

Uncharted/Ratchet/KZ2 kinda sealed that already, these are just extra gravy. Between this, Uncharted 2, GT5, Ratchet 2, there really isn't an argument, console-wise.

Can't wait to finish the fight.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I really like the way it looks, but when are GAFers going to stop commenting on the "lightning" in games?

Smash

Banned
GrotesqueBeauty said:
I didn't know paintings had aliasing. :p

The game still looks good. I'm not sure what people are ejaculating over though.

Is there a PS3 thread you haven't shitted on today? In one thread I read you were having delusions about Sony attacking Nintendo in their 1:1 wand infomercial, in another you were saying that PS3 slim is worse without a brick sticking out of it and in this one you're just flaming. At least your trolling wouldn't be so annoying if your posts weren't so moronic.

ShogunX

The last two shots are exactly what I hoped the game would look like :D

The first few aren't impressive but maybe that's because I just came from the uncharted 2 screen shot thread.

Smash said:
Is there a PS3 thread you haven't shitted on today? In one thread I read you were having delusions about Sony attacking Nintendo in their 1:1 wand infomercial, in another you were saying that PS3 slim is worse without a brick sticking out of it and in this one you're just flaming. At least your trolling wouldn't be so annoying if your posts weren't so moronic.
Maybe you're just being hyper sensitive. Please show me one instance where I'm "trolling" and not just stating an opinion you happen to disagree with. I'm not being provocative or making outlandish claims.

-I said the wand promo took some implied pot shots at the Wiimote despite being obviously inspired by it, which I don't think is a delusion at all. It seemed like a fairly transparent underlying implication, which isn't a huge surprise considering that the Wii is their main competitor in the realm of motion control atm. That's not even a commentary on the wand itself (whose functionality no one here can yet make a valid assement of), just typical PR bullshit.

-Yeah, I think power bricks are generally a good idea because they help keep a system cooler and can be replaced if a power surge blows it out. Dang, I'm soooo moronic. That's not even Sony specific, so once again I'm not sure what the stick up your ass is. It was just a response to someone else's opinion, which btw I'm perfectly fine with.

-In that same thread I said that the Slim (and new Elite) at $299 make the Wii look like an unappealing value proposition (ZOMG, I must be flaming the Wii now, man the stations!).

-Now in this thread I find the "looks like a painting" claim hyperbolic. I'm a painter and illustrator. I also said the game looks good (ZOMG, trolling!), but there's nothing about its aesthetic that looks like anything other than an HD action game. Did I just say its graphics don't transcend the medium? Get the pitchforks!

Oh, fuck it. Why am I explaining myself to you? I'm just an annoying moron.

edit: I'm flattered that someone who makes 0.05 posts per day would take a whole post to vent their anger at me though. ;)

scoobs

holy balls... that is one great looking game. Screw the haters, this game is absolutely stunning I CANNOT wait to play this damn game.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Maybe you're just being hyper sensitive. Please show me one instance where I'm "trolling" and not just stating an opinion you happen to disagree with. I'm not being provocative or making outlandish claims.

-random bullshit-

Take this shit to PMs, defending yourself is fine but I don't need an explaination for every damn post that you made today that doesn't relate to this game thread, regardless if you got called out for all of them or w/e.

Top Bottom