• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God Of War III screens/trailer

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mhmhm the game is probably not even in alpha.

Zeliard

2znwh9z.jpg

This looks excellent. What the fuck are people smoking?

ypo

Character model looks excellent but everything else looked early. Where's are teh realtime shadows???

anddo0

I like the crow at the start of the trailer.. Its something you naysayers should get used to eating as the games release draws near.

Esch

Banned
That trailer is fucking incredible. Holy shit SCEA Santa Monica. Epic as hell. That looks like an older build than the screens we've been seeing too, judging by Kratos' character model.

CiSTM

Banned
IGN screens looks much better and the trailer was fucking awesome. Now I'm blown away ! Good job Santa Monica.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Really the end part part of that trailer made me go wow, when I realised
that the whole thing took place on the back of a fucking huge Titan, climbing the Olympos (I presume)

____

flarkminator said:
I can't believe they are showing this part....

Hmm I wonder if anyone can figure out what's going on.

I'm pretty sure in a few more seconds, old Icarus there won't have that head attached to that body anymore :lol

Cruzader

Banned
jrricky said:
So damn predictable that someone will refute this way when their hurt...again.:lol

Uncharted had that covered and Uncharted 2 will still have that covered. Now thats one game with impressive art direction.

ppls here should stop neglecting the fact game is more than 1 year away and judging the whole game from a few pictures/early trailers is ridiculous. Im pretty sure when this game comes out, it will impress everyone except haters that is.

thaOwner

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/13/new-god-of-war-iii-trailer-its-epic/#more-19424
Trailer confirmed to be gameplay

NOTE: A Sony rep confirmed that the trailer’s action is taken from gameplay. But franchise fans will notice the absence of signature enemy-drops (the light orbs) and battle prompts (the appearance of icons matching buttons you need to press for gory mini-boss kills) light-orbs dropped by defeated enemies are absent. I’ve checked with Sony to find out whether those elements have been dropped from the game or, more likely, simply been cleaned from the action for the trailer.
No what, motherfuckers ?

ypo

Damn the trailer is smoking hot! Holy shit at the last part. :D but it's still the same build as the earlier trailer. The opening is equally impressive :D

Madman

Tom Penny said:
Though it would look better. I'm sure the end result will be great though. Without question.
You can't be refering to the trailer, right? That trailer is fucking insane.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
IGN's 4-page preview.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/954/954097p1.html

Stig Asmussen, the director of God of War III, started his presentation by mentioning that the development team had three main points that they wanted to focus on with God of War III: First, they wanted to wrap up the series by creating a game that would help define action for this generation of consoles and for the industry in general. That stood out as a bold statement, particularly considering that many people would argue that the first God of War titles broke barriers for action on the PS2 as well as the PSP. However, Asmussen felt like his team was up to the task, primarily because the majority of the design team has come from the first two games. The second element was working on creating groundbreaking moments of play, while the third facet was redefining the sense of scale in games to levels that had never been seen before.

Trying to bring this sense of scale into perspective, Asmussen mentioned two facts that would drive the size of the titans home. The first one was that many of the titans would be larger in size than that of the Sears Tower in Chicago, which gives a real world perspective on these character/levels. The other was that the titans were so large that the large Medusa Lair from God of War II would easily fit in the palm of Gaia's Hand.

Scale scale scale seems to be the order of the day.

FFChris said:
Hmm, well the screen look like an upsca...

HOLY CRAP LOOK AT DAT TRAILER!

Stig mentions in the IGN preview that the trailer was completed in the fall.

And judging from how much better the Kratos model has gotten since then, I can only imagine how awesome the game looks in motion now.

Das-J

Law of the West
Tieno said:
They're not showing the right screenshots yet. God of War isn't about close-ups of Kratos...but Kratos fighting in front of epic backdrops, against lots of badass enemies.

There were plenty of those shots in the GI article...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Okay, ignore my last post. That trailer was unbelievably fucking epic.

Trying to bring this sense of scale into perspective, Asmussen mentioned two facts that would drive the size of the titans home. The first one was that many of the titans would be larger in size than that of the Sears Tower in Chicago, which gives a real world perspective on these character/levels. The other was that the titans were so large that the large Medusa Lair from God of War II would easily fit in the palm of Gaia's Hand.

o_o

Top Bottom