• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz music coming tomorrow! (March 23rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New song(s) being released tomorrow at 7:30pm (GMT) on BBC Radio 1.
Original announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxSGK88Y-wc&ab_channel=AllEyesOnGorillaz&app=desktop
Looks like it wont be one, but two new songs: https://i.redd.it/p8fb3kop21ny.jpg

Could be an official release of some of the songs that leaked a few days ago, might also be something entirely new. I heard that they teased another more traditional, less experimental Gorillaz song on their snapchat yesterday with guitar, so it could possibly be that. I haven't heard it since I don't use snapchat so I can't really comment.
Whatever this is, I'm super excited. I've been waiting for this for like 7 years now and the wait is finally over.

EDIT: Some new stuff.
-We're getting two songs this afternoon, four singles in total.
-Album title looking very likely to be "Humanz" or "We Are Still Humanz"
- (Ascension (feat. Vince Staples)
-We Got The Power (feat. Jehnny Beth)
-Saturnz Barz (feat. Popcaan)
-Andromeda (feat. D.R.A.M.)
Single Artwork in order:
aGN2j8y.jpg

Salz01

Didn't they release something a few weeks or months ago, and it was horrible? Or am I thinking of something else?

Super hyped for the Danny Brown and Vince Staples collabs. Considering the type of production brown worked with in atrocity exhibition this will be easy for him to murk

Zubz

Banned
I'm pretty excited! I didn't listen to the last leak because I want to hear everything else at once.

If anyone thinks I'm not pre ordering the most limited edition of this album and wouldn't sell a kidney to do so, they can hold my beer.

YOOOOOOOOO! YES LET'S DO THIS!!!!
People weren't ready for a Gorillaz song to be so weird and politically charged. They wanted another Stylo.
I honestly really do want another Stylo. It was heaven for me when I first heard it. This one...it was good but...yeah it was good in my opinion.

I feel like Plastic Beach is really underappreciated sometimes.

YOOOOOOOOO! YES LET'S DO THIS!!!!

I honestly really do want another Stylo. It was heaven for me when I first heard it. This one...it was good but...yeah it was good in my opinion.

I feel like Plastic Beach is really underappreciated sometimes
It really is. Such a stellar album but people don't like it because it's not Gorillaz or Demon Days 2.

hughesta

Banned
Plastic Beach is fantastic and definitely doesn't get the love it deserves, probably because the wound is still sore over P-Sides (I know it still hurts me)

Hopefully we get Andromeda or Saturnz Barz tomorrow

Yep and because of that mindset, no one really bought the album and we were cheated out of getting Plastic Beach 2/Sea-Sides.
Will never not be upset about this.
They had 70 songs from the Plastic Beach sessions and we would've got Plastic Beach 2 AND 3 and now it's never going to see the light of day.

Hallelujah Money was amazing. Can't wait for more music that people will claim doesn't sound like the Gorillaz.

Yep and because of that mindset, no one really bought the album and we were cheated out of getting Plastic Beach 2/Sea-Sides.

Sorry, not sorry. (It had a few awesome tracks but ultimately didn't do too much for me)

I am sad that we never got the full Rhinestone Eyes video. That storyboard was amazing.

Zubz

Banned
I actually might do that. I also call dibs on doing the OT for this album. I'll probably get the album one done first.

I'll be keeping an eye open for it! I really want to know what they would've done with the remaining 2/3 of the Plastic Beach plans.

You guys are awesome for liking Plastic Beach! I'm not alone anymore!!!

Yes I'm also super salty that not only will we most likely never get the other Plastic Beach tracks, but we also didn't get the completed Rhitestone Eyes music video and saw the ending to the Plastic Beach arc! I wanted to see Noodle face off against Cyborg Noodle!

Plastic Beach might be my favorite or tied with Demon Days because I enjoyed the style that was on the album. Just wish 2D would sing more.

I'll be keeping an eye open for it! I really want to know what they would've done with the remaining 2/3 of the Plastic Beach plans.

Had Plastic Beach not been a financial disaster, I'm pretty sure they would've released PB2 and 3 in the years following PB and we would've got those instead of "The Fall" but because Plastic was stupid expensive and didn't pay off a lot of plans around it got cut short. like the music video for Rhinestone Eyes never being completed because of how expensive it would be to make, instead they replaced it with Doncamatic as the next single and did a cheap video for that instead.

The Fall was also released instead of PB2/3 because it "cost practically nothing to make and release" according to Damon. It was entirely done on an iPad iirc. I'd assume that the unreleased Plastic Beach stuff wasn't entirely finished and probably would've needed more studio time, which means more money which they didn't have.

They're bound to release it eventually.
If it were to be released at any point officially, it likely wouldve been in the 4 years post Plastic Beach, but due to the circumstances it got buried. Due to the nature of Gorillaz and their ever changing style, unless stuff on the new album is reworked from PB2/3 (which is also incredibly unlikely) then it's staying in whatever vault it's currently in. Usually after the first album of a phase they release the B-sides as a complimentary album, but we got The Fall instead. The YouTube album Sea Sides is likely all you'll get.

hughesta

Banned
Yeah that's my biggest worry about this upcoming album. Hallelujah Money didn't help with this either.

I feel like he just keeps singing less and less with the newer albums.
Gorillaz is Damon's way to just cut loose and experiment with all manner of styles and artists. I'd be bummed out if he didn't take the opportunity to make music with Pusha T, Kali Uchis, Danny Brown, etc etc

Gorillaz is Damon's way to just cut loose and experiment with all manner of styles and artists. I'd be bummed out if he didn't take the opportunity to make music with Pusha T, Kali Uchis, Danny Brown, etc etc
The fact that Pusha T and De La Soul on the album has me so giddy

Plastic Beach rocked. Dude even got the surviving members of the clash together for a track which was cool. The lou reed, snoop dogg and little dragon collabs were dope too.

On melancholy hill ended up being my favorite song on the album overall

I want a new the good the bad and the queen album after this gorillaz project releases tho. Loved that album he made with that group years ago

Saturnz Barz? Bruised and Blue? Charger? Andromeda? Submission?

I think its going to be "Saturnz Barz" and "Andromeda" because those seem like poppy tracks that'll appeal to a wider base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom