• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorillaz-Humanz |OT| After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vectorman

Banned
Keep in mind that the Humanz set that you all saw last night was part of a string of Euro tours where they just play the album in full (with the exception of Hallelujah Money) and then do a mini encore. When they actually start touring, which their first proper show of the tour begins in July 8 in Chicago, they will be back with a setlist similar to the Demon Dayz setlist or any of their warm-ups. Damon has learned his lessons with not pleasing the festival crowds before the full PB tour and I doubt that he wants to repeat it. Also who is ready to spend lots of money on really expensive Jamie prints???
http://us.gfoot.store/prints/noodle-print-signed.html

Keep in mind that the Humanz set that you all saw last night was part of a string of Euro tours where they just play the album in full (with the exception of Hallelujah Money) and then do a mini encore. When they actually start touring, which their first proper show of the tour begins in July 8 in Chicago, they will be back with a setlist similar to the Demon Dayz setlist or any of their warm-ups. Damon has learned his lessons with not pleasing the festival crowds before the full PB tour and I doubt that he wants to repeat it. Also who is ready to spend lots of money on really expensive Jamie prints???
http://us.gfoot.store/prints/noodle-print-signed.html
$185 for a signed limited print from someone like Hewlett is pretty decent IMO. Got some commissioned art from a fairly small artist that's running me about $130 and that was below their regular rate

Who performed? Humanz is a feature heavy album, so was wondering how that's gonna work out live.
Kilo Kish(Out of Body, 19-2000, also came out for Vince)
Peven Everett (Strobelight and Stylo)
Vince Staples (Opening act, Ascension, Clint Eastwood)
Zebra Katz and Jamie Principle (Sex Murder Party)
Little Simz (We Got The Power, Garage Palace, Clint Eastwood)

Then for everyone that couldn't be there they played a video of them singing. This was done for She's my Collar, Andromeda and Saturnz Barz.

They also played Sleeping Powder live along with Garage Palace (super deluxe unreleased track) and M1A1 during soundcheck. There was another song that they wanted to play live but the AV guys couldn't get the video to work because of the speed they were playing it live. Don't know what song it was though. I've got a setlist but they played everything on it so whatever it was was probably a last minute addition.

Blader

At the last minute I decided not to buy resale tickets for tonight's show after all... the regret hit me hard and fast as soon as I saw the setlist. What have I done :(

just opened with M1A1 in Boston, played Ticker Tape with Carly Simon
They tried to get through it like 4 times here in Toronto but never made it. Cool that they got all the way through. Wish I could've seen it.

At the last minute I decided not to buy resale tickets for tonight's show after all... the regret hit me hard and fast as soon as I saw the setlist. What have I done :(
They were amazing live, you definitely missed something incredible.

DarkKyo

Boston show was INCREDIBLE! I saw them on the Plastic Beach tour which was amazing but this was somehow a better show. They played Revolving Doors live for the first time and it was so good, better than the album version imo.

Also we had some torrential rain during the show which was fun too because it was outside.

If they come around again I'll buy another VIP ticket and wait in line for another 8 hours just to experience that over again. Got 2 high 5s from Damon during the show and the dudes beside me were pretty jealous.

Wait what? Definitely not down to wait that long when I see them in a few months
VIP people had to wait from about 2:30-3:30 (I and a few others got there early) to make sure they got their stuff and to experience sound check then we got back in line afterwards til the show which was at about 8. If you're not VIP you shouldn't have to worry about it. But I wanted to make sure I was front row and the AIW people said about 170 people showed up for VIP.

Blader

They were amazing live, you definitely missed something incredible.

That's how I've been feeling the last 12 hours -_-

I've never seen them before, do they usually double back on tours with a second leg through the same cities? Or is it always one stop per tour?

It's ok just seeing 2D, Noodle dancing and apparently feat guest artist in the background too. But it aint no Saturnz Barz or Sleeping Powder, those were bizzare in the Gorillaz way backed with great songs IMO. Strobelite feels more of a way to grab the attention of mainstream listeners without weirding them out too much.

Rogan

Banned
November 21 I'm finally going to see them live, I just can't fucking wait.

I was living in France when Demon Days came out and I remember hearing Dare on the radio. Unfortunately it took a year before I could listen to it again (I worked on a farm and there was no internet etc.).

When I returned home I finally got the change to listen to the album. At first I thought it was meh but it sparked my interest. I never was into music that much so it took a couple of plays for me te recognize the greatness of it. Now I have a fairly wide range of musical interest, I'll listen to anything once and I think it started with Demon Days.

So its kinda I'm going to a show :D

It's ok just seeing 2D, Noodle dancing and apparently feat guest artist in the background too. But it aint no Saturnz Barz or Sleeping Powder, those were bizzare in the Gorillaz way backed with great songs IMO. Strobelite feels more of a way to grab the attention of mainstream listeners without weirding them out too much.

Given what is usually hitting mainstream radios lately, I'd love for this to manage to crack the pop charts.

Video is a bit underwhelming but if guess they are trying not to fuck themselves like they did on Plastic Beach with Rhinestone Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom