• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz music coming tomorrow! (March 23rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorillaz is Damon's way to just cut loose and experiment with all manner of styles and artists. I'd be bummed out if he didn't take the opportunity to make music with Pusha T, Kali Uchis, Danny Brown, etc etc
Oh yeah for sure. It's thanks to these albums that I got introduced to other artists like Bobby Womack and De La Soul.

But I still want him to sing along haha!

Someone on r/Gorillaz somehow might have come across promotional material for tomorrow's single
Looks like it's:
Busted and Blue
It's the only one listed on the promo material, but I guess that doesn't rule out a second song in the near future.
Personal opinion: I think it's the least interesting of the leaked songs.

This album is having more leaks than Trump's Presidency

That photo originated from a site well known for faking images
Just found that out. Was really well done though. But I'm happy its fake. Busted and Blue isn't single material. Guess we're back to speculating, and in which case I think whatever got played on their Snapchat might be the single, or at least one of them.

hughesta

Banned
Just found that out. Was really well done though. But I'm happy its fake. Busted and Blue isn't single material. Guess we're back to speculating, and in which case I think whatever got played on their Snapchat might be the single, or at least one of them.
I'm guessing Andromeda or Saturnz. The video seems to be space themed.

Busted and Blue is far too chill to be a lead single (yeah yeah Hallelujah Money, I think that was released as a reaction and not a marketing single). Hoping for Andromeda.

Fjordson

Yeah that's my biggest worry about this upcoming album. Hallelujah Money didn't help with this either.

I feel like he just keeps singing less and less with the newer albums.
Yeah, I wish there weren't so many guests, I love Damon's vocals, but oh well. I'm sure it'll still be pretty dope.

hughesta

Banned
fwiw, of the leaked material, Damon sings on all of Busted & Blue, at least a minute of Andromeda, at least a minute of Charger, half of Saturnz Barz (hook and verse) and the snippet of Submission seems to be the end of it and he isn't present but you can hear an echo of his vocal too so he's presumably on there as well.

I hope the story is more involved this time. The online Plastic Beach game was cool and all but the story was technically never fully finished. At least I think it wasn't.

Here's hoping it's even more involved this time!

I hope the story is more involved this time. The online Plastic Beach game was cool and all but the story was technically never fully finished. At least I think it wasn't.

Here's hoping it's even more involved this time!

Pretty sure Rhinestone Eyes is canon. I remember hearing somewhere that Plastic Beach kinda sunk into nothing due to it being made out of garbage, everyone escaped the island and they ended up back in London. I want to say Do Ya Thang is canon too, but the floating island makes me skeptical. I'd be over the moon if they brought it back though. Maybe Do Ya Thang leads into the new album.

Other speculation: I've a feeling the album title will be "We Are Still Humanz" since that was posted with Hallelujah Money and a lot of the song titles seem to end in "Z" and it seems like the a phrase that you could fit an entire album under.

Also, apparently we have song times for the following four songs. Which usually implies they're the singles. So we're likely getting one or two of the following:

1. Acension
2.Saturnz Barz - Leaked
3.Andromeda - Snippet Leaked
4.We Got The Power

Plastic Beach is probably my most listened to album of the decade. I love all of the Gorillaz, but nothing tops Plastic Beach as far as I'm concerned. I'm hyped for the new album.

So, some more info has come up In the last few hours I thought I'd share.
-Two songs confirmed.
-Humanz, or We Are Still Humanz is looking really likely to be the album title.
-New single art work released (I was correct in that we're getting 4 singles, they're the ones I posted above.
Will add all this to the OP.

Only 3 hours now boyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom