• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorillaz-Humanz |OT| After All

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope theres merchandise on the music festival they will play in Argentina. Anyone in Gaf going to BLU? Im a peruvian and also new to music festivals so I dont know what I have to take into account.

Jaroof

Concert was dope as fuck, but how on Earth did mah boi Damon didn't perform Feel Good Inc.?

That is strange.
I'm gonna see them perform in about a week from now, at ACL! It still hasn't set in that I'm finally seeing them.
IIRC, DRAM and Vince Staples should be joining them on stage.

Concert was dope as fuck, but how on Earth did mah boi Damon didn't perform Feel Good Inc.?
Yeah, that was a bit surprising. De La Soul not being there doesn't seem like it should be an issue when pre-recorded bits were played for a lot of other guest artists. That Idaho song was out of the left field, but Damon seems to feel very strongly about it, so good for him. Sex Murder Party isn't really my jam, one of my least favorites from Humanz, but they performed it spectacularly. Sleeping Powder I think I've heard once before this show? If it's not on an album, it doesn't typically get much play from me.

Every other song on the setlist though? Damon killed it, this was probably the most fun I've ever had at a concert. I just made a playlist of the setlist because I wish I could relive that show (swapping Idaho for Feel Good).

Nelo Ice

Banned
In line for the SF show and god damn it is long.

Edit: god damn we got nearly every guest artist and some I didn't even recognize.

Bsigg12

Weird that they didn't play Feel Good and that De La Soul wasn't there.

I thought the set list for the show in Colorado was great with the addition of 19-2000.

Izayoi

Banned
I saw the Seattle show.

It was FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

I was disappointed to not hear White Light but they hit pretty much every other one that I was hoping for. Fantastic set, moving from classics to new stuff and back again.

I had the time of my life, for sure.

Jzero

Today is the day boys!

They rarely play Feel Good Inc but hopefully they make an exception for L.A.

0YLluHk.png

Jzero

I'm about to see them 🤘
Didn't buy GA but the view is still decent

Vince Staples kind of sucked and he didn't play his only good song

Damon is so fucking good

THEY FUCKING PLAYED FEEL GOOD INC 😃

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm about to see them 🤘
Didn't buy GA but the view is still decent

Vince Staples kind of sucked and he didn't play his only good song

Damon is so fucking good

THEY FUCKING PLAYED FEEL GOOD INC 😃
Son of a bitch. Just saw the LA set list on their IG story. I'm mad salty we didn't get feel good inc last night :(. And you got Superfast Jellyfish and let me out ;_;.

Addi

Gonna see them in a month, not the best seats since we ordered late but whatever, I will see Gorillaz for the first time! I listened to Demon days so much back then, I'm going to be really nostalgic when they play those tunes.

Gonna see them in a month, not the best seats since we ordered late but whatever, I will see Gorillaz for the first time! I listened to Demon days so much back then, I'm going to be really nostalgic when they play those tunes.

That Don't Get Lost in Heaven/Demon Days combo to close out the encore is the closest thing to a religious experience I've ever had at a concert. Just tremendous.

Jaroof

Saw them at ACL last night.
Holy shit, that was the best show I've ever been to. I was on the verge of tears for Melancholy Hill, El Manana, and Busted and Blue. Beautiful.
I was a little bit disappointed that they didn't perform Submission, as Danny Brown had performed earlier that evening.

That LA setlist is insane, though! I'm dying to hear Every Planet We Reach Is Dead live.

Nakazato

Saw them in GA on Wed. I left amazed. 15 fucking years to see them in concert was not dissponted.

Top bucket list item scratched off

Saw them in GA on Wed. I left amazed. 15 fucking years to see them in concert was not dissponted.

Top bucket list item scratched off

It was a good show but the soundcheck was disappointing.

I understand that soundcheck is not supposed to be a proper performance but more the band practicing, but they practiced one song and then spent 40 minutes trying to figure out all the parts to an unreleased song and didn't get far in the process.

I was at the GA show, too. It was my first concert, in addition to my first Gorillaz show. It was pretty fucking cool! The only song I would have really liked to have heard is Feel Good Inc, but other than that I think they had a really strong setlist. The atmosphere was positive as well and I'm glad I got the rare opportunity to see them in this area.

I was at their FIRST EVER Florida show at III Points Festival in Miami.

The setlist was:
1) M1 A1: I had no idea they were opening with this song. complete surprise!
2) Last Living Souls
3) Saturns Barz
4) Tomorrow Comes Today
5) Rhinestone Eyes
6) Sleeping Powder
7) On Melancholy Hill
8) Busted n Blue
9) El Manana
10) She's My Collar
11) Strobelite
12) Andromeda
13) Sex Murder Party
14) Out of Body
15) Superfast Jellyfish: another song i had no idea they were going to come out with. Posdnuous came out for this one which was pretty cool.
16) Stylo
17) Clint Eastwood
18) Plastic Beach: supposedly they rehearsed it the morning of because Damon said "there's no better plastic beach than Miami" haha!

I honestly had no idea he wouldn't play Feel Good Inc.
At any of your guys' shows did Damon not play an encore set?

I'm jealous you got She's My Collar and Plastic Beach! Looks like they smashed the encore into the back end of the set, as Stylo said Clint have consistently been part of the encore.

I was at their FIRST EVER Florida show at III Points Festival in Miami.

The setlist was:
1) M1 A1: I had no idea they were opening with this song. complete surprise!
2) Last Living Souls
3) Saturns Barz
4) Tomorrow Comes Today
5) Rhinestone Eyes
6) Sleeping Powder
7) On Melancholy Hill
8) Busted n Blue
9) El Manana
10) She's My Collar
11) Strobelite
12) Andromeda
13) Sex Murder Party
14) Out of Body
15) Superfast Jellyfish: another song i had no idea they were going to come out with. Posdnuous came out for this one which was pretty cool.
16) Stylo
17) Clint Eastwood
18) Plastic Beach: supposedly they rehearsed it the morning of because Damon said "there's no better plastic beach than Miami" haha!

I honestly had no idea he wouldn't play Feel Good Inc.
At any of your guys' shows did Damon not play an encore set?

I just listened to this album for the first time, and while I think it's a pretty good album, it lacks a distinctive sound that's apparent in the previous albums. If I heard nearly any song beforehand out of context, I never would have guessed it was Gorillaz.

It seems very collaboration-focused, like Daft Punk's RAM, except that still had a very DP sound. That's my only real issue with the album. I'll give it another listen soon.

I just listened to this album for the first time, and while I think it's a pretty good album, it lacks a distinctive sound that's apparent in the previous albums. If I heard nearly any song beforehand out of context, I never would have guessed it was Gorillaz.

It seems very collaboration-focused, like Daft Punk's RAM, except that still had a very DP sound. That's my only real issue with the album. I'll give it another listen soon.

Give it time. It'll grow on you, and it's absolutely a Gorillaz album. Their second-best album IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom