• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto V screens and interview

Hoo-doo

Banned
Jesus christ do want. Cruising through LA in the dead of night with some haunting Kavinsky on will be glorious.

I still hope they will also revive Radio Los Santos though, I need that 90's hiphop in my veins.

Horns

I didn't recognize the name, but when I youtube'd the music I knew instantly who it was.

IV's soundtrack was OK. It wasn't bad in any way, but Vice City set an almost impossible benchmark. I thought the IV soundtrack + additional TLaD & TBoGT soundtracks was pretty amazing. I'm not sure if I've yet to hear every song and commercial after a half a dozen play-throughs of IV and the DLC.

Not really news or confirmed but some guys on GTAforums(shit site I know) were trying to find Franklin's voice actor. The came up with a guy named Shawn Fonteno
Thread
Youtube link of him talking
Comparison pic
franklinw.jpg

UrbanRats

Not really news or confirmed but some guys on GTAforums(shit site I know) were trying to find Franklin's voice actor. The came up with a guy named Shawn Fonteno
Thread
Youtube link of him talking
Comparison pic
I can see it, plus the voice is very similar.

If they're going to pander to the Drive audience (not saying it's a bad thing, btw) i hope they'll put College in, too.
Not necessarily Real Hero, but i'd like Teenage Color, She Never Came Back and Energy Story.

The Kavinsky ReMix they had in GTAIV was horrible imo, i hope they put the original ones in this.

Wix

What's going on here? Suddenly everyone likes the same music as I do. Justice, Daft Punk, Bonobo, Kavinsky.... bring it on Rockstar.

Fjordson

This has been circlulating 4chan, but apparently Kavinsky is confirmed to have his own radio station "NightRideFM" as was announced by a french reporter, and was hinted on Kavinsky's own twitter

make fun of me if old
If true, then that's great news. That shit is perfect driving music.

I would hope they would have some Italians Do It Better artists.

Muffdraul

I really hope rockstar pays homage to one of the best LA based movies, Collateral.

Me too. Was kinda disappointed when they revealed the new taxi cabs in that one screen shot and they were blue and yellow, not reddish-orange and yellow. There's still a chance. I don't know what other cities are like, but in LA we have so many different cab companies, we get all the colors of the rainbow.

BlazinAm

Kavinsky huh?
Further proof that Vice City 2 will be a Hotline Miami crossover

My head will explode..... I need to actually play Hotline Miami and stop watching other people play it.

I watched Wario64(Pour one out and take a drink.) stream of him playing the whole game.

adelante

You can hear music outside your car in GTA 4...... both PC and Xbox iirc. Normally it happens when the car door is left open.

Yeah I meant playing prominently in the background, cos when you leave your vehicle you can hear it slightly muted? Can't recall..

Fjordson

Yeah I meant playing prominently in the background, cos when you leave your vehicle you can hear it slightly muted? Can't recall..
I think I know what you meant. You're right in that music does not play on its own when you're on foot (the most you'll get is the muffled radio from nearby cars).

Luckily, GTA V will have a soundtrack ala Red Dead and Max Payne 3 for certain segments outside of vehicles. Though I'm guessing it'll be an original score rather than licensed tracks.

adelante

I think I know what you meant. You're right in that music does not play on its own when you're on foot (the most you'll get is the muffled radio from nearby cars).

Luckily, GTA V is will have a soundtrack ala Red Dead and Max Payne 3 for certain segments outside of vehicles. Though I'm guessing it'll be an original score rather than licensed tracks.

Other games have found excellent uses for licensed tracks (Power in SaintsRow3) so it would be neat if Rockstar does the same for a couple fast-paced, high-action gameplay sequences.

It's finally time for a MP3 player option in GTA games.
Yeah that would actually be neat! Before you sayyy, go rob a bank, you access the radio function on your phone and see your character suddenly having earphones on, and they're there for as long as you're tuning in, while doing your mission. Freakin awesome that would be.

It's fine if you disliked GTA IV's soundtrack, but there was plenty of diversity: hip hop, indie, house, afrobeat, funk, jazz, metal, dancehall and so on.

If you didn't find yourself resonating with any of the music despite all its different stations and genres then, well, I don't know what to say. Some of my favorite experiences in GTA IV were just driving around during sunset and listening to Chet Baker on JNR.

Spazznid

Luckily, GTA V will have a soundtrack ala Red Dead and Max Payne 3 for certain segments outside of vehicles. Though I'm guessing it'll be an original score rather than licensed tracks.

Easy fix?

Headphone accessory.

Edit::

I'd play Hotline miami OST for 90% of the time and then Power, or something to that nature when doing something crazy.

GlamFM

Banned
What's going on here? Suddenly everyone likes the same music as I do. Justice, Daft Punk, Bonobo, Kavinsky.... bring it on Rockstar.

EdBanger is kind of yesterdays news IMO.

I hope the Kanvinsky station will feature older or at least less mainstream stuff.

id assume theyll start their game feature videos soon

I think I read somewhere that they will not be making these this time around.

Horns

The next trailer will in all likelihood lock down the exact release date so the sooner Trailer 3 comes the better.

GlamFM

Banned
New Artwork + even more artwork and the official cover coming soon.

Stay tuned for lots more ahead, including more artwork and the unveiling of the game's official cover later this month.

actual_1356731693.jpg

Aguirre

Just about to post that :p

Looking forward to seeing the official cover.
calling the cover now
3 separate vertical columns

top half will have each of the 3 characters and under them parts of the city the each live in (trevor is in the country, so a picture of a mountain, woodland, etc), what they like to do (trevor likes to fly, so there will be a plane in his column) etc, and a picture of a dog. because dogs are awesome

GlamFM

Banned
3 separate vertical columns

top half will have each of the 3 characters and under them parts of the city the each live in, what they like to do and a picture of a dog. because dogs are awesome

Nooooooooooo..... top left is ALWAYS a helicopter.

Marleyman

Banned
It's fine if you disliked GTA IV's soundtrack, but there was plenty of diversity: hip hop, indie, house, afrobeat, funk, jazz, metal, dancehall and so on.

If you didn't find yourself resonating with any of the music despite all its different stations and genres then, well, I don't know what to say. Some of my favorite experiences in GTA IV were just driving around during sunset and listening to Chet Baker on JNR.

Fucking loved the GTA IV soundtrack. Marley station was clutch as was Vladivostok FM w/ Eric Prydz and company.

Top Bottom