• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Grand Theft Auto V screens and interview

Fjordson

Damn, some of that is dead on. Really hope the cops being less psychic is true. Getting a wanted level felt a bit too automatic at times in GTA IV.

SJRB

Gold Member
Damn, some of that is dead on. Really hope the cops being less psychic is true. Getting a wanted level felt a bit too automatic at times in GTA IV.

I agree, GTAIV punished you all the time for stepping out of line. Which is understandable to some degree, but it got silly when you killed or even punched someone in some remote location and you immediately got a wanted level.

something suspicious about that coastline in the new Vinewood pic
wLxeN.jpg

I agree, GTAIV punished you all the time for stepping out of line. Which is understandable to some degree, but it got silly when you killed or even punched someone in some remote location and you immediately got a wanted level.

I thought that happens because other peds report you?

Dont peds on the street call 911 if you kill someone?

UrbanRats

In RDR they did (well, not call 911, but run to authorities) don't know about GTAIV.
Apparently though it's possible, if you change vehicle while not seen, to hide from the police and have them drive past you even if you're in the red circle.
Never tried it myself, but read about it in of the many GTA threads.

Fjordson

Huh, I didn't even think of that. I remember R* mentioning that before GTA IV, pretty sure you're right.

That's actually a neat touch, but I found myself wishing that there was just a bit more leeway for me to do illegal shit in some situations :lol

Not too much leeway. Obviously GTA will always be far from reality, but I do like it feeling at least somewhat grounded.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In RDR they did (well, not call 911, but run to authorities) don't know about GTAIV.
Apparently though it's possible, if you change vehicle while not seen, to hide from the police and have them drive past you even if you're in the red circle.
Never tried it myself, but read about it in of the many GTA threads.

This is interesting but sounds more like a myth, such RE5's AI-controlled Sheva becoming a more capable partner if you indulge her requests (i.e. give her ammo every 10 seconds).

EvB

Whilst this looks kinda nice in the screebshots, I know I'll be mightily dissapointed when the game drops to 20fps all the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whilst this looks kinda nice in the screebshots, I know I'll be mightily dissapointed when the game drops to 20fps all the time.

eh Max Payne 3 ran mostly fine. Not like AC 3 bad. Yeah, I know it's linear, but it has a LOT going on.

DjRoomba

Banned
Holy crap going inside malls and a college campus would be fuckin awesome. Big interiors definitely has been something missin from Open world games

Scapegoat

I would love a more Mafia like police system where if you commit a crime the response repends on what people can see; either report just the location it occurred, give a visual description of you (wanted poster), or give your license plate.

I would love a more Mafia like police system where if you commit a crime the response repends on what people can see; either report just the location it occurred, give a visual description of you (wanted poster), or give your license plate.

Agreed here, or an RDR system with witnesses. In GTAIV, no matter where you were, if you shot a gun the police would appear within ~10 seconds. It was especially annoying if you were just trying to have some fun with an abandoned car or shoot pidgeons (worse collectible ever). Maybe that's "realistic" in NYC, that a gunshot never goes unanswered, but it really took away from the game IMO.

In RDR, you could act with relative impunity if the law wasn't around or any witnesses to report it. It made being in town versus being out in the wild very different... in the wild it felt like anything could happen, like it was lawless, while in town, you'd have rangers on you pretty darn quick.

Fox Mulder

pedestrians called the cops for anything in GTA 4. They made the blowing up 10 cars achievement and shooting pigeons a pain in the ass. Shooting one bird with an assault weapon in a crowded city could turn into a giant police chase.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
pedestrians called the cops for anything in GTA 4. They made the blowing up 10 cars achievement and shooting pigeons a pain in the ass. Shooting one bird with an assault weapon in a crowded city could turn into a giant police chase.
Well...yeah. I think that would be expected :p

Raptomex

That's what I've been saying. I don't want the "hidden packages" in this game to require me firing my weapon out in the open. Unless it was like assassination missions or something.

My most anticipated game for this year that big information blowout back in November blew my mind at all the additions and innovations to the series. Looks like Rockstar is making a great swansong for this gen.

Fjordson

That's what I've been saying. I don't want the "hidden packages" in this game to require me firing my weapon out in the open. Unless it was like assassination missions or something.
God yes, hope they change that. I didn't even bother with the GTA IV hidden packages.

Either that or I hope we get to modify weapons, including silencers, as Dark_AnNiaLatOr mentioned.

Having belieable consequnces for your actions helps make being bad in GTA games, particularly IV, fun. When it fees like the carnage is encouraged (i.e. Saints Row) it feels less substantial and must be more bombastic to feel entertaing. If I have to race into a military base to steal a tank, it's more exciting to get it than if you just step into a carnage mission marker and get points for blowing shit up.

I welcome the further rumored tweaks to the wanted system.

BFIB

With this most likely launching between March-May, I'm wondering how the DLC will work?

GTA IV had the luxury of being spread out, where as, even with GTA V releasing earlier in the year, we know the new consoles are on their way.

With this most likely launching between March-May, I'm wondering how the DLC will work?

GTA IV had the luxury of being spread out, where as, even with GTA V releasing earlier in the year, we know the new consoles are on their way.
Have they even hinted at the release date/window or are we just basing it on previous games.

lefantome

DLC and game on both old and next gen.

UrbanRats

was this posted? probably but for those who might have missed it, rockstar uploaded all officially released screenshots in 720p

actually a few here i've never seen

Yeah a couple of pages back.

Despite the shitty textures and sketchy draw distance (though i don't mind the fog in the city shots, given the smog levels in LA)i like what they're doing with the colors, for the most part.
Some got too much of an instagram vibe, but some look very very natural, especially the daylight ones.

Overall i'm really digging the look of the game, especially compared to GTAIV piss fest.

bud23

It was posted on Gtaforums, but seems that the administration don't want people to talk about it, instead they allow people talk about crazy theories like 2405, deepthroatgta4 etc..

Lol, the name of the three protagonists and the map (with zones yet unknown) was leaked surreptitiously on gtaforums four or five weeks before the reveal on GI, and nobody realized it. Trust me on this.

When it is a GTA, you don´t want to know.

Top Bottom