• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 4 Screenshots (Grunt new design revealed)

I was kidding, but in all honesty, it's that kind of though that makes this game unplayable online.

People that abuse the bad choices made by the devs.

I remember a while ago, playing with a full party of gaffers where I rolled only with camo and shotgun. I felt so dirty afterwards, I had to take a shower.

I think Xand and Elzar were on the opposite team. Forgive me for what I have done.

I dont abuse anything, but if im on Hemorrhage and its 2 CTF, you're god damn right that im going for Camo and the shotty plain and simple. Its not abusing, its being smart.

Gui_PT

I dont abuse anything, but if im on Hemorrhage and its 2 CTF, you're god damn right that im going for Camo and the shotty plain and simple. Its not abusing, its being smart.

1v1 Bro!

I'm kidding, I too scared of your pro camping with shotgun while invisible skills

maybe its just me, or my tv, but camo in reach is 100% invisible. it wasnt like that in previous halos, and i dont think it needs to be. if i know there is a camo sniper and i am specifically looking for him, i dont think its unreasonable to be able to *possibly* make him out, even if he is holding still. IMO, camo should be to make you difficult to spot, not impossible.

but, thats not my major beef with camo in reach, its the compounded benefits/annoyances of camo + jammer.

Its youre TV, i see them when their close. Kinda like the Predator style, but they can be seen. As for the sniper, you basically wait till he shoots, then you shoot him. Thats what i do.

Overdoziz

Banned
Armor lock was retarded, this was an evolution of the camo power-up. If you play against it right, its not as strong as you think it is.
Play against it right? You mean waiting for the Active Camo sniper guy to shoot? Yeah, if he's a good sniper he will kill me with that shot. Or do you mean searching for that guy who is invisible and therefor will 9 out of 10 times get the shot on you before you even see him? It's not an evolution of the Camo power-up. It's giving everyone a Camo power-up at spawn and letting them use it whenever they want. That's overpowered as fuck. An Active Camo power-up only lasts around 30 seconds, this encourages the user who picks it up to make use of it quickly. In other words, not camping with it like with the Camo AA. Also, the power-up would be placed in a certain area that is designed around it. Like putting Camo at the bottom of a map so you can use it to sneak up to the enemy who is at the top floor with height advantage. That way you can break their map-control. Spawning with Camo (and any other AA) and retarded as shit.

Now go play BTB and camp with your shotgun and camo in the base and keep quiet.

Gui_PT

Over, let's not forget that if you camo snipe a guy and someone else sees you, all you have to do is move elsewhere and wait a couple of seconds for the meter to charge back up.

Rinse. Repeat.

Play against it right? You mean waiting for the Active Camo sniper guy to shoot? Yeah, if he's a good sniper he will kill me with that shot. Or do you mean searching for that guy who is invisible and therefor will 9 out of 10 times get the shot on you before you even see him? It's not an evolution of the Camo power-up. It's giving everyone a Camo power-up at spawn and letting them use it whenever they want. That's overpowered as fuck. An Active Camo power-up only lasts around 30 seconds, this encourages the user who picks it up to make use of it quickly. In other words, not camping with it like with the Camo AA. Also, the power-up would be placed in a certain area that is designed around it. Like putting Camo at the bottom of a map so you can use it to sneak up to the enemy who is at the top floor with height advantage. That way you can break their map-control. Spawning with Camo (and any other AA) and retarded as shit.

Now go play BTB and camp with your shotgun and camo in the base and keep quiet.

The Camo is was it is, timed invisibility. Weather its placed at a location like you want or an ability, the sniper (or any guy with a power weapon) can go get it and own with it either way. Its EXACTLY the same. There isn't 15 snipers or rockets on a map, there's 2 snipers, one rocket etc so stop reaching for straws and making pretend that 15 guys are gonna spawn with a sniper and invisibility when the game doesn't even allow that online. Ive faced camo snipers a few times and its very easy to counter, dont shoot until he shoots plain and simple. You dont give away your sniper position that way and he dies as soon as he shoots since he gives away is position. Ive done this many times and it works like a charm. If you cant do it, then i dunno what to tell you.

Gui_PT

The Camo is was it is, timed invisibility. Weather its placed at a location like you want or an ability, the sniper (or any guy with a power weapon) can go get it and own with it either way. Its EXACTLY the same.

Stopped reading here.

You SPAWN with it and you have infinite uses if you just let it recharge for a few seconds.

There is NO WAY you can say it's exactly the same.

Camo pickup-------------------------------------Camo AA

You have to fight for it ------------------------ You Spawn with it

It doesn't last long ------------------------- Lasts forever

Once it ends, you have ------------------------ Once it ends, just wait a few seconds
to fight for it again

Overdoziz

Banned
The Camo is was it is, timed invisibility. Weather its placed at a location like you want or an ability, the sniper (or any guy with a power weapon) can go get it and own with it either way. Its EXACTLY the same. There isn't 15 snipers or rockets on a map, there's 2 snipers, one rocket etc so stop reaching for straws and making pretend that 15 guys are gonna spawn with a sniper and invisibility when the game doesn't even allow that online. Ive faced camo snipers a few times and its very easy to counter, dont shoot until he shoots plain and simple. You dont give away your sniper position that way and he dies as soon as he shoots since he gives away is position. Ive done this many times and it works like a charm. If you cant do it, then i dunno what to tell you.
You're comparing a power-up that's placed on the map that spawns about every 2 minutes and can only be used for 30 seconds by a single person to an AA that lasts for about a minute and can be used by everyone in the game from the moment they spawn until they die.

Stopped reading here.

You SPAWN with it and you have infinite uses if you just let it recharge for a few seconds.

There is NO WAY you can say it's exactly the same.

Camo pickup-------------------------------------Camo AA

You have to fight for it ------------------------ You Spawn with it

It doesn't last long ------------------------- Lasts forever

Once it ends, you have ------------------------ Once it ends, just wait a few seconds
to fight for it again

Im saying what his bitching about camo snipers is still gonna happen. Just because you run towards it instead of equipping it doesn't change the fact that there isn't a million power weapons on the map. The guy needs to have that weapon when he grabs it which is just as much of a chance that a guy who wants to grab the sniper after spawning with camo. Same shit.

Overdoziz

Banned
Im saying what his bitching about camo snipers is still gonna happen. Just because you run towards it instead of equipping it doesn't change the fact that there isn't a million power weapons on the map.
A guy has to grab camo and the Sniper two achieve the same result and it will only last for 30 seconds. With the Active Camo AA you only have to grab the Sniper and you can use camo as much as you want.

Seriously.

A guy has to grab camo and the Sniper two achieve the same result and it will only last for 30 seconds. With the Active Camo AA you only have to grab the Sniper and you can use camo as much as you want.

Seriously.

You're really reaching now. Abilities arent going anywhere so i suggest you get used to it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
An Active Camo power-up only lasts around 30 seconds, this encourages the user who picks it up to make use of it quickly. In other words, not camping with it like with the Camo AA. Also, the power-up would be placed in a certain area that is designed around it. Like putting Camo at the bottom of a map so you can use it to sneak up to the enemy who is at the top floor with height advantage. That way you can break their map-control.
Yup.

I see you've gone from trying to justify it to telling me to deal with it. Great.

You're obviously against anything any isn't earned so you probably already hate the idea of having people have abilities without earning them so this conversation is pointless and Halo4 will have abilities that people will not have to earn by running towards it online in a well placed area, so yes, deal.

EvB

I have never found Snipers with Camo to be a problem in any Halo game, I find players who can snipe me in the head with a single shot......whilst jumping through the air far more threatening.

Armor lock was retarded, this was an evolution of the camo power-up. If you play against it right, its not as strong as you think it is.

Active Camo AA:: Active Camo pickup
Armor Lock AA :: Overshield pickup

So you're arguing that Armor Lock is no worse than Overshield even though you can spawn with it, right?

Overdoziz

Banned
You're obviously against anything any isn't earned so you probably already hate the idea of having people have abilities without earning them so this conversation is pointless and Halo4 will have abilities that people will not have to earn by running towards it online in a well placed area, so yes, deal.
Spawning with AAs is like spawning with power weapons. It makes no sense and 343 doesn't get that either, sadly.

So you're arguing that Armor Lock is no worse than Overshield even though you can spawn with it, right?

I said armor lock was retarded, not "no worst". Over-shield had a weakness, armor lock doesn't. I think the basic problem is that he doesnt like abilities in general that are not earned after the game starts as opposed to being able to equip them. Thats the real issue that i feel hes debating. Ive got no problem with equipping them. The Halo formula to me was getting a bit stale and im glad their changing things up a bit.

And besides, customizable game types will still be there, and probably deeper than before. So i expect to see playlists with abilities and some more like MLG. I dont see what the big deal is.

tuxor

Neo Member
I love how quickly I derailed this thread with absolutely no intention of doing so.

On topic, this game LOOKS boss. As in graphics. Gonna be pretty regardless of AAs.

I just hope Halo 4 has plenty of great original maps. I jumped back into Reach a few days ago and was quickly reminded how terrible the Reach maps are. I haven't really enjoyed the original maps in a Halo game since Halo 2 though so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too much.

EvB

I was just looking through Xbox world mag and I saw a concept image I'd not seen before.

It looked like some Rockefs hovering upright through a glowing white aperture inside Big spaceship. Is it about?

I was just looking through Xbox world mag and I saw a concept image I'd not seen before.

It looked like some Rockefs hovering upright through a glowing white aperture inside Big spaceship. Is it about?

halo4_environment-multiplayer-01.jpg

This one?

Or this one?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

correction
Active Camo AA:: Active Camo pickup + radar jammer pick up

Sounds like you're the one reaching here.

Not at all, every armor ability has a weakness except for armor lock and that one isnt coming back. I could stay here and re-write all the advantages and disadvantages they have, but you all already know them.

The fact that some people don't like getting sniped or shottied by an invisible guy with clear disadvantages that can only move by crawling like a turtle, hear practically nothing with the muffled sounds and be invisible for 10-15 seconds at most isn't the game fault.

Not at all, every armor ability has a weakness except for armor lock and that one isnt coming back. I could stay here and re-write all the advantages and disadvantages they have, but you all already know them.

The fact that some people don't like getting sniped or shottied by an invisible guy with clear disadvantages that can only move by crawling like a turtle, hear practically nothing with the muffled sounds and be invisible for 10-15 seconds at most isn't the game fault.
What disadvantage again? You remain invisible when you move when you have camo. it only looks like you are visible on your screen

also saying camo as a powerup = infinite camo on demand is flat out, objectively wrong

Gui_PT

Point is you do not know or really understand how Halo games work.

It's not the 1st time this happened with you in this thread.

You have multiple people telling you that you're wrong - because it's a matter of facts, not opinions - and yet you keep going, saying thingsthat are incorrect and make no sense.

And then you use the 5th grade technique of : well if these guys aren't good enough to deal with it, it's their fault, not mine. Because I'm right.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

all AA's have pluses and minuses, even armor lock. the problem is the pluses and minuses aren't always balanced. hence peoples issues with the majority of reach AA's

daedalius

People defending camo in here... what is the halo world coming to?

Just about all of the armor abilites were poorly balanced; camo on demand is probably one of the worst next to AL.

Vire

Every time I see this thread bumped I get hopeful for new information.

Instead it's just people bitching about armor lock. *sigh*

Point is you do not know or really understand how Halo games work.

It's not the 1st time this happened with you in this thread.

You have multiple people telling you that you're wrong - because it's a matter of facts, not opinions - and yet you keep going, saying thingsthat are incorrect and make no sense.

And then you use the 5th grade technique of : well if these guys aren't good enough to deal with it, it's their fault, not mine. Because I'm right.

People telling me im wrong are the same people who dislike any type of change in Halo. Like abilities, custom loadouts, joining a game in progress, etc...

Big shocker right there.

Top Bottom