• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new heavenly sword pics

TONX said:
I thought the whole "next-gen should only be judged in motion and not from screenshots" doctrine was still in effect. Why do people still forget that? This game is pure sex in motion.

not only that they shouldn't be judged until they ship out.

Forsete said:
People are actually trying to troll the visuals of this game? o_O
i used to, but they fixed the things i hated (way overdone bloom primarily) about it and i couldn't be happier.

complaining for the win?

theBishop

Banned
Because of this thread, I picked up the new Gamepro on my lunch break. They make it sound like this will be leading the pack of post-launch games. That can't possibly be true, everything coming out of Sony puts Lair ahead and HS possibly delayed.

mabuza

Banned
theBishop said:
Because of this thread, I picked up the new Gamepro on my lunch break. They make it sound like this will be leading the pack of post-launch games. That can't possibly be true, everything coming out of Sony puts Lair ahead and HS possibly delayed.
you know you should be making a thread about this

JB1981

plagiarize said:
i used to, but they fixed the things i hated (way overdone bloom primarily) about it and i couldn't be happier.

complaining for the win?
:lol

i don't think your particular complaints had any impact on the artistic direction of the project

theBishop said:

details please

theBishop

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
details please

I left the magazine in my car, but they said [similar to:] "PS3 has more games coming this year than any other console, and Heavenly Sword is on the crest of this wave"

nategc

Banned
PleoMax said:
Not the best screens for this game. Those are actually not impressive at all.

i kinda agree with pleoMax here.....

Wait, pleoMax got banned for saying that...:lol :lol :lol :lol.....Alot of nintendo haters should of got banned then.

theBishop said:
I left the magazine in my car, but they said [similar to:] "PS3 has more games coming this year than any other console, and Heavenly Sword is on the crest of this wave"

:lol :lol :lol Gamepro is a horrible magazine, There's more advertisements then articles.

Steroyd

theBishop said:

Sony has a funny way of showing it. :/

theBishop

Banned
nategc said:
no, i wasn't laughing at sony, but gamepro for saying that...WHERES THE PROOF for that. gamepro is the magazine to sony as egm is the magazine to m$.

In the feature, they list over 80 games to watch out for. Not all of them are coming this year though.

And they have half a page for a few of the big exclusives, and a little summary of the Killzone video from GDC, which actually sounds way better than IGN and 1up let on.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
gamepro is the magazine to sony as egm is the magazine to m$.
*looks at Ninja Gaiden Sigma preview currently in EGM in my hand*
Yup you nailed that one.

Zen

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Zen we've seen the game in motion before man. Everything in that previs we've seen in other 'real-time' videos. We've seen that same beautiful lighting before. We've seen that same nice waterfall before. We've seen those same quality textures before.

And all of those videos I'm talking about were made/released last year. Hopefully Nostormo could come in here and discuss that video with us.

Not to the level seen in the CGI trailer were you're given a free pass to lie until you're caught. We haven't seen trees that high quality, or leafs with that absurdly high polygon count to them, or textures as good as that bridge. That's a fact.

928391_20060508_screen012.jpg

Does the game look incredible? Yeah (Aside from the battlefield environment at this point) But like I said it will get as close to that CGI concept video as much as any RT graphics can emulate CGI graphics. Like I said I was never calling shenanigans on the validity of your end statement.

Yet again the game looks great and it's my most looked forward to 2007 PS3 game outside of Metal Gear Solid 4

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
plagiarize said:

complaining for the win?

No I like the lighting before. It had a more artistic look to it.

antiloop

Zen said:

That's a previs render though.

definition from wikipedia:
Pre-visualization (also known as pre-vis, pre vis, pre viz, pre-viz, previs, or animatics) is a technique in which low-cost digital technology aids the filmmaking process. It involves using computer graphics (usually 3D) to create rough versions of the shots in a movie sequence. Usually, this is only done for the more complex shots (visual effects or stunts), as the benefits are fewer for simple scenes such as dialogues. The end result might be edited and might have temporary music and dialogue. Some can look like simple grey shapes representing the characters or elements in a scene, while other pre-vis can be sophisticated enough to look like a modern video game.

I see nothing impossible in that screen.

About that render, they basically said they create those as a way of giving them something to aim for visually and that they usually meet or exceed what they create.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Zen said:
Not to the level seen in the CGI trailer were you're given a free pass to lie until you're caught. We haven't seen trees that high quality, or leafs with that absurdly high polygon count to them, or textures as good as that bridge. That's a fact.

Does the game look incredible? Yeah (Aside from the battlefield environment at this point) But like I said it will get as close to that CGI concept video as much as any RT graphics can emulate CGI graphics. Like I said I was never calling shenanigans on the validity of your end statement.

Yet again the game looks great and it's my most looked forward to 2007 PS3 game outside of Metal Gear Solid 4

Yeah but at the sametime we haven't been able to see trees, leaves, and a bridge yet. Dumb ass Sony won't advertise the game hard enough is the real problem. There's no reason why we shouldn't have seen this part of the game yet.

Zen

Banned
Well we saw a massively outdated snipit of a comparable local back in E3 2006.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10985&type=mov&pl=game

Back to the game. I was REALLY surprised to see the death clock still in the game. I'm wondering how it will work. Will the faster or slower you play through the game effect the story? Will in give you a segment of time to make it through sections/levels without suffering penalties of some sort? Sort of seems like a pain in the ass to be honest.

theBishop

Banned
Zen said:
Well we say a 'massively outdated' snipit of a comparable local back in E3 2006.

Back to the game. I was REALLY surprised to see the death clock still in the game. I'm wondering how it will work. Will the faster or slower you play through theg ame effect the story? Will in give you a segment of time to make it through sections/levels without suffering penalties of some sort?

The death clock is a pervasive element in the game because the sword is slowly killing Nariko. When the game begins, she only has a few hours to live.

When you kill enemies you get a little time added to the clock, so the game will give you lots of opportunities to get your sword wet.

And the cutscenes in the game will coincide with the gameplay in some way, maybe through picture-in-picture or split-screen to promote the feeling of urgency.

Zen said:

"That's a fact" huh?

The leaves look pretty awesome on the big tree in this shot:

108390-16-2.jpg

...and the trunk of this tree actually looks like it is better textured to me than the one in the preview vid, even when looking at these low-res images and from more of a distance.

----------------------

The textures on this bridge:

108390-7-2.jpg

...look pretty darn good to me in comparison to your screenshot, (again, considering the low-res shots here) and in some ways, this bridge looks superior to the one in your shot. The design is better, with far more details, (look, a manhole cover!) and your shot which you claim to be an example of better textures, displays some pretty horrible texture tiling junk along the vertical wall. (See the four repeated "blotches" along the wall?)

It's pretty harsh that you accuse others of lying, when something you claim as a fact is so up for debate.

...and we haven't even seen high-res versions of these shots yet.

This game looks great to me. It's way up there on my list of PS3 games to be excited about.

DieH@rd

Banned
Second part of GamePro coverage is the stupidest article I've read in long time...

If they continue like this then tommorow they will have hands on impessionof a e3 '06 demo :lol

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DieH@rd said:
Second part of GamePro coverage is the stupidest article I've read in long time...

If they continue like this then tommorow they will have hands on impessionof a e3 '06 demo :lol
Wednesday's update will be that they show the screenshots from Monday at 50% normal size instead of 25%. And just wait 'til Friday!

Top Bottom