• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Broken Sword game announced!

Excellent news. Loved the first two games and will grab the reforged version day one. Not sure about the art style for the new chapter, should have stuck with the original style.

Red5

I was just thinking about a new one an hour ago. Loved the series and point and click adventures in general, wish we could get a new Gabriel Knight too.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Dj Khaled Dance GIF
dj khaled GIF by Worldstar Hip Hop

Brigandier

Absolutely loved BS1 and I liked the second aswell but 3 and 4 were meh, I found the first half of 5 really good then it went downhill, Can tell they didn't quite get the funds needed with the Kickstarter.

Not sure why BS1 needs remastering?? A little odd but I'm in!!!

I hope Rolf Saxon comes back for BS6 it didn't sound like it 😞

Dr. Suchong

Great news!
Absolutely love George Stobbart.
Can't wait for his dry wit again.
I hope they remaster 2 also.
That was my personal favourite.

Kusarigama

I was mesmerized by the director's cut of the first Broken Sword on my android phone about 9 years ago. Enjoyed the 2nd one. Even got to try the 3D PS2 game but couldn't finish that(still on my list). Had fun with Serpent's curse(5th game). And have been occasionally wondering about the next installment and here it is!.

I'm in.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

OMFG! My absolute favorite franchise, I'm in 7th heaven, Thank you Charles Cecil and the powers that be. HOLY MOLY SHIT MEGATON MONDAY!!!

Another remaster of BS1?? Seriously!!??
After the mediocre (at best) Director's Cut version they want another "new" version of the original??
BS1 was excellent in the original version.

As for the new game the visual style chosen is bad and distracting.
They should have gone with either Longest Journey style with 2D prerendered backgrounds + 3D character combo or full 3D like in Syberia 4.

KaiserBecks

I wish they’d remaster the 2nd one as well. I’ve played the first one countless times but I also really enjoyed part 2. Really glad to see the series is still alive. Good memories playing this on PSX.

Revolution went radio silent after their sequel to Beneath A Steel Sky absolutely crashed and burned upon release. I'm glad to see them still around and attempting to revive the Broken Sword franchise. I liked the 3D games in the series.

mdkirby

Brings back memories…played poker with Charles Cecil once many years ago when I used to dabble in the industry. With theyd return to 2D tho, they’ve never quite gotten the 3d right on their stuff, and this new one looks to suffer from similar issues. I’ll still play it tho.

Top Bottom