• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new heavenly sword pics

AAK

a Master Ninja said:
The Team Ninja subgroup that made DOAX didn't work on Ninja Gaiden though. The same people that made Kung Fu Chaos are making Heavenly Sword (plus the new hires). I'm skeptical their second effort could possibly rival NG/DMC or even the more "casual" God of War. I hope they prove me wrong, though. I love action games.

I didn't give those examples as competition for HS. Just to show you an example that one bad game doesn't render a development studio incapable of developing anything fun.

And besides, did Kung Fu Chaos have a budget as high as HS? Hell, NT even provided a demo during E3 and TGS. Everybody left impressed even though it was still a work in progress. So the skepticism insn't that valid unless you are a constant pessimist.

644_0001.jpg

believe.

Mojovonio

Banned
dfyb said:
you're looking for artifacts in such a small image..? :lol

yeah, i guess your right.

But I'm guessing its the same deal as Dead Rising where you have really high detailed models for cutscenes.

Either way, its still the environments that made me go wow.

jiggle said:
Looks hot :D

http://www.gamepro.com/screens/110429/108390-13-2.jpg[/img
[img]http://www.gamepro.com/screens/110429/108390-16-2.jpg[/img
[img]http://www.gamepro.com/screens/110429/108390-9-2.jpg[/img
[img]http://www.gamepro.com/screens/110429/108390-11-2.jpg[/img

O.O one single level O.O[/QUOTE]

All that was one single level?!

HOT DAMN, it's freakin' huge!

A couple of those shots are amazing, but the lighting seems to be messed up in the rest of them. It's like they were taken with the bloom turned off. There needs to be a middle ground.

Also, bigger shots, and actual video footage.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
GreggTheGrimReaper said:
it's called textures.
:lol Reeeaally starting to scrape bottom of barrel for the trolling opportunities here, I see.

JB1981 said:
looks like some different enemy designs in that pic too
Yep, big barrel-chested brutes from the looks of it, but too far from the camera to tell much else. 'Course, if we had full-size images...

MMaRsu

Banned
xaosslug said:
for a girl Nariko's age (20-ish) that's REALLY good, actually. What details are lacking, IYO? lol

What about good hair? It looks like she's wearing a 5$ weave!

kevm3

Some of the screens look like concept art upon a quick glance, but it's really in game. Looks really good. I can't wait to see what God of War 3 is going to look like.

*Awaits to see the creative trolling in this thread

Ugh, would you look at those low poly rocks in the background?
Disgusting, that's not an authentic bark texture on those trees.

EekTheKat

The new face pic is interesting because it shows the "new" skin shader under a different lighting condition than the wallpaper pic.

That pic did look a bit weird to me as well, but odds are it's just an odd capture - put these visual upgrades into the vids we've seen earlier (which featured amazing animation - especially for faces) then we're definately in for a treat when this game releases.

soco

i wish they'd spent as much time doing the scenery as they have sprucing the girl up. it looks like it has a lot of potential, but damn if you were to compare some of that scenery to music, it'd be they'd be casio keyboard demo songs :\

kevm3 said:

If the environmental textures look like that in a screen cap below 480p, can we assume they look like total ass in 720p/1080p? Besides the hair that's the only bad thing I can say about the graphics. The draw distance is great.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
GreggTheGrimReaper said:
oh yes, i'm trolling a game i'm actually looking forward to and planning to purchase on day1...
So you're trolling me. Either way, I still just like the arena detail, which really had nothing to do with how it was achieved but just that it was achievable.

fhj

You guys are completely outta focus.. Im lookin at the texture where edge of sword meets ass cheek.. And its all good.. :D Details where counts gentlemen.. ;)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The closeup is definitely not what she looks like when you play, nor would ther ebe that level of detail in her face anyway. Maybe an alternate head model during cutscenes, fine, but not when you play. And who cares about details you can't see when playing anyway?

As for the game I think they are hiding something about the gameplay. I think the levels will actually be very small and few, the game will be short. It's going to be more along the lines of fighting multiple enemies over a small landscape, then a boss, then next level.

I don't know, it's just a feeling. It seems first parties are too busy working with the PS3 that they end up releasing half-games (which look great, but are lacking in various aspects).

I bet the same will happen with Lair.

Mojovonio

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
If the environmental textures look like that in a screen cap below 480p, can we assume they look like total ass in 720p/1080p? Besides the hair that's the only bad thing I can say about the graphics. The draw distance is great.

WTF are wrong with the textures?

kaching said:
So you're trolling me. Either way, I still just like the arena detail, which really had nothing to do with how it was achieved but just that it was achievable.

dude, relax.

fhj said:
Im lookin at the texture where edge of sword meets ass cheek.. And its all good.. :D Details where counts gentlemen.. ;)

this guy's right ;)

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
It's not technically the nicest next-gen game but I really like the art direction, and the animation has always been awesome.

I do really want this game, it looks like a lot of fun.

WOW!

I am a wii owner on the fence between 360 and PS3, and its games like this that are going to convince me (not sci-fi shooter after sci-fi shooter). This game is absolutely gorgeous, and if they can get the controls down could very well be the Ninja Gaiden killer.

KGKK

Banned
This game better come out during the summer here in NA. I want this game so bad. Was it ever confirmed if the May release for EU is true or not?

Mojovonio said:
WTF are wrong with the textures?

They appear to be as low resolution as the textures in Ninja Gaiden on the original Xbox. Not a big deal if you only play on a standard def tv I suppose, but its odd to me and unattractive on HDTVs.

Mojovonio

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
They appear to be as low resolution as the textures in Ninja Gaiden on the original Xbox. Not a big deal if you only play on a standard def tv I suppose, but its odd to me and unattractive.

hmmm, i didn't notice that at all.

fhj

LuCkymoON said:
I can honestly say that this is the first Video Game chic I find outright unattractive.

Given your three eyed chalkwhite hentai gal taste as observed from your avatar, I find that utterly unsurprising.. :D

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
underfooter said:
WOW!

I am a wii owner on the fence between 360 and PS3, and its games like this that are going to convince me (not sci-fi shooter after sci-fi shooter). This game is absolutely gorgeous, and if they can get the controls down could very well be the Ninja Gaiden killer.
Is that sarcasm?

This very, very, very barely looks better than Ninja Gaiden from these (small) shots. More importantly, it looks infinitely worse than Sigma. The lighting in this game is horrid, and Ninja Theory doesn't seem to be persuading anybody that they're nothing more than a bunch of amateurs with too much money.

Mojovonio

Banned
cjelly said:
Is that sarcasm?

This very, very, very barely looks better than Ninja Gaiden from these (small) shots. More importantly, it looks infinitely worse than Sigma. The lighting in this game is horrid, and Ninja Theory doesn't seem to be persuading anybody that they're nothing more than a bunch of amateurs with too much money.

WTF?

Where are are you guys seeing all of these faults?

Chrono

Banned
... =\

I was expecting much better. And they said they're sticking to 30fps to push more effects. meh.

The art is beautiful though.

holy shit indeed, and i'm not talking about the screens, but how fast this thread turned to shit, thanks to the usual suspects.

the game looks great, though.

KillJade

Banned
kaching said:

He's just being a wanker. Pay him no mind.

Bottom line as along as the gameplay is there I don't care about the graphics I'm nitpicking. My one big fear is that they go overboard with the QTEs/interactive cutscenes. That would basically ruin the combat for me.

EDIT: Only 30 FPS? Damn. Bad sign.

Elios83

dai said:
holy shit indeed, and i'm not talking about the screens, but how fast this thread turned to shit, thanks to the usual suspects.

the game looks great, though.

Yes it seems a few people have been hurt :lol :lol

Top Bottom