• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new heavenly sword pics

DemonSwordsman said:
How come you guys keep bringing up kung fu chaos. Its not like it was a terrible game

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/557709.asp : 76% is pretty damn good.

which means it was better than god hand

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932558.asp?q=God Hand

and slightly worse than black:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920901.asp

so with all the work going into this it will be great

i'm hoping my sarcasm meter is just ****ed up today....

anyhow, this game really does not seem to play "Goddess of War" yet a lot of people are still under the impression that it does. personally, i think Sony will get the best performance out of the title (and budding IP) if they manage expectations and be very explicit in how the game plays and what we can expect.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looking hot. barring some poor reviews or hands on, this continues to be the game most likely to push me into ps3 ownership. cant wait :)

BigBoss

Without even looking at the screens you can always tell how great a game looks by the number of trolls in a particular thread...Heavenly Sword must look great.

Looks at screens, yup it looks awesome.

Elios83 said:
Wow the shaders here are really CG like:

108390-4-2.jpg

The game looks awesome,too bad we have to wait until September.

*stroke imminent*

SEPTEMBER? WHO SAID SEPTEMBER?

Oh god I want this game now, tell me it's a lie. Btw I'm saving the close-up Nariko image in case it's realtime, because -let's face it- like Wario64 said if realtime it'll be the next SH3 pic. Notromo we need your input on this. Is it realtime?

Kolgar

I'm just going to say it: These screens don't look like the early shots we saw. Remember the awesome snow scenes and the one that looked like a Japanese garden? Like freakin' CGI. And probably was, because the environs on display here lack that texturing and hyper-realism.

Looks like a pretty standard next-gen game and that's it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
her face looks different again compared to the other recent screens. looks like we need a 05/07/07' comparison post. get crackin bouc emissaire

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
The close ups are awesome....but some of the shots, especially the ones with vegetations look a bit underwhelming. But who cares....hopes it's going to be an awesome game.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
BigBoss said:
Without even looking at the screens you can always tell how great a game looks by the number of trolls in a particular thread...Heavenly Sword must look great.

Looks at screens, yup it looks awesome.

QFT

they need add some filters and post processing effects.. doesn't the engine support motion blurring now? Wish they had shown some motion blurring effects

the stages look static... no leaves in the air, nothing seems alive

jett

D-Member
chubigans said:
What. :lol

and this is the same 'tard complaining about Mass Effect trollin' in the FFXIII thread... :lol

Mojovonio said:
Its a cut scene, gawk over the amazing environments instead.

The in-game cut-scene model actually looks better than that.

Kolgar said:
I'm just going to say it: These screens don't look like the early shots we saw. Remember the awesome snow scenes and the one that looked like a Japanese garden? Like freakin' CGI. And probably was, because the environs on display here lack that texturing and hyper-realism.

I think you're comparing these screens to the concept art pics Ninja theory released long ago and everyone knew was concept art/target render because there was no freaking character on screen.

Looks like a pretty standard next-gen game and that's it.

:lol I don't usually use lols as a response to posts (I think it's annoying) but -damn- I can almost taste the fear and need for damage control. And this goes for the rest of the pathetic posts from the usual suspects.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Doom_Bringer said:

they are screens... no motion AT ALL. i know, i'm shocked too

Durante

This thread needs some bans badly. How much more blatant can you get?

Anyway, I love the draw distance of the environments. It's hard to say too much else with these tiny pics.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Doom_Bringer said:
they need add some filters and post processing effects.. doesn't the engine support motion blurring now? Wish they had shown some motion blurring effects

Learn from this kids, do it with your sister too often and you'll go blind.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
To anyone who's said this looks 'hawt', please can you explain what is making it look so special?

I've seen many other threads here on GAF with 'other' games which look 10x better than this but have been shot down in as many as 3 posts for no apparent reason.

To me, honestly, the lighting looks non-existant, the textures are way too flat and low-res (even from these small shots) and the whole thing just looks uninspiring.

Please, someone throw me a bone here on why this looks so special to you, because I can't help but think half the people in this thread are wearing their rose-tinted specs at any mention of the title, but from what I've seen it looks like being the PS3's answer to N3.

Ryuuga

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
god damn awesome!!!

Man the only problem with this game are those horrible shimmering shadows! They hurt the visuals big time!! :(

Yet there will be enough sparks to keep any gamer satisfied.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
cjelly said:
To anyone who's said this looks 'hawt', please can you explain what is making it look so special?

I've seen many other threads here on GAF with 'other' games which look 10x better than this but have been shot down in as many as 3 posts for no apparent reason.

To me, honestly, the lighting looks non-existant, the textures are way too flat and low-res (even from these small shots) and the whole thing just looks uninspiring.

Please, someone throw me a bone here on why this looks so special to you, because I can't help but think half the people in this thread are wearing their rose-tinted specs at any mention of the title, but from what I've seen it looks like being the PS3's answer to N3.

Holy shit dude. holy shit.

Kolgar

fortified_concept said:
I think you're comparing these screens to the concept art pics Ninja theory released long ago and everyone knew was concept art/target render because there was no freaking character on screen.

You're half right. Those were the screens, but I didn't know they were concept art. :)

PleoMax

Banned
jett said:
and this is the same 'tard complaining about Mass Effect trollin' in the FFXIII thread... :lol

The in-game cut-scene model actually looks better than that.

You don't understand the difference between talking about Mass effect in a FFXIII thread and talking about heavenly sword in a heavenly sword thread. So if you wanna bash someone do it properlly.

And i fail to see how wrong i am, there is crappy texturing, blockiness, the water is pure shit, they seem to recycle the enemies alot...

I'm sorry but...what?

Mojovonio

Banned
cjelly said:

oh jesus :lol

I'm having a blast here! :lol This post needs to be quoted again to help people understand how ironic Pleomax's latest reply is:

PleoMax said:
108390-17-2.jpg

Looks blocky, the water looks like shit.

108390-6-2.jpg

Low Detail and blocky enemies, attack of the clones, etc

:p

cjelly said:

WOW..

there are over-reactions in both direction in this thread but this is just.. WOW

Amir0x said:
is it me or does there need to be a banning massacre again

its not just you. I'm mostly a GAF lurker, but i'm starting to see the similar bad trends. Mainly the same people ruining/derailing threads on a consistent basis. Then looking surprised that they're accused of being the arsonist.

I left the IGN boards to get away from this kind of overly fanboyish nonsense.

Edit: just peruse the LocoRoco thread, and LBP thread for other prime examples.

fhj

Jeez Trolls n' flames here today eh? Some crappy textures yeah, but does it matter? It does at least look like its ingame..

And when it comes to light effects; as far as I have seen, next gen lighting as it has been shown to date on the 360 = Plastic characters.. The lighting shown here is less dominant, more subtle if I may say so.. :)

KTallguy

Banned
Honestly, even if you can zoom in on a screenshot and nit-pick at textures, the art style is really appealing and different. The game doesn't look like anything on the market today, really. The environments give me a Myst vibe.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
gketter said:
its not just you. I'm mostly a GAF lurker, but i'm starting to see the similar bad trends. Mainly the same people ruining/derailing threads on a consistent basis. Then looking surprised that they're accused of being the arsonist.

You and me both.

Amir0x

Banned
gketter said:

Edit: just peruse the LocoRoco thread, and LBP thread for other prime examples.

yeah i mean i've been away more than often 'cause of LOTRO, so I've missed a few days of scanning, but I've been in no less than 5 threads in the past day that I just want to ban half the people in.

It's like a full moon or something

Mojovonio

Banned
AAK said:
LOL. Give me a game with that many enemies on screen with better textures.

I'd have to look at some kameo pictures again, but there was an area where there were tons of enemies on screen at once, and that game still has the best textures I've seen yet.

Though that point in the game is just open space.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Amir0x said:
yeah i mean i've been away more than often 'cause of LOTRO, so I've missed a few days of scanning, but I've been in no less than 5 threads in the past day that I just want to ban half the people in.

It's like a full moon or something

Can't you do it? :D

Amir0x said:
is it me or does there need to be a banning massacre again

Party pooper. :mad: If you start threatening with bans how will the fanboys explain to us why the characters look "blocky" or how average the game's visuals are? Since the trolls are unstoppable nowadays at least we should have some fun.

Next up: Heavenly Sword textures: One of the worst or the worst textures ever?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
DemonSwordsman said:
Wii60DF to the rescue?
Stop that defense force shit, thanks.

Amir0x said:
What's stopping you? :p

KTallguy

Banned
Mojovonio said:
I'd have to look at some kameo pictures again, but there was an area where there were tons of enemies on screen at once, and that game still has the best textures I've seen yet.

Though that point in the game is just open space.

Cool, I'm glad that we can start comparing this to Kameo. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THIS THREAD NEEDED!

Amir0x

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Can't you do it? :D

yeah but i'm lazy. Plus, in the interest of fairness, I'd have to go through all those threads and just mass ban people. I've got a bunch on my list. *mumble and fades into the shadow*

Top Bottom