• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Independence Day: Resurgence trailer out! Looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

So much Teal and Orange

no one appreciates it because no one we cared about fought in it. Did you honestly care if the annoying teenage kid or bland wife love interest died? There was no tension in the scene.

It was Zion's last stand, I guess that's where the tension was meant to be, but my point was more from a spectacle stand point, it took a different approach from the medieval guys on horseback charging at each other motif and elected for a steam-punk exo-skeleton showdown

SJRB

Gold Member
Even after all the major cities were completely decimated?

Remember when they used a crashed spaceship to infiltrate the alien mothership and used a mac to upload a virus and destroyed all aliens?

..this isn't the type of movie you apply everyday logic to. Just roll with it.

m4st4

Popcorn + Cola + Loudest biggest screen possible, in my veins. This movie's the epitome of a summer blockbuster.

It's going to be awful, guaranteed. It's just a matter of good awful, or awful awful.

The original was THE original massive explosion-fest super blockbuster, a Michael Bay movie before Michael Bay was even doing these. I'm worried though that this will be borrowing too much from everything that came after it. Seems like it could be too bland.

I'm telling you, this is how the movie should end.

Earth is destroyed, fucked obliterated. The last vessels of humanity are forced into space with the technology they have gathered over 20 years, entire derelict fleets are floating in orbit from what ever battle happened in the movie. Years go on, we take the remanence of their fleet that is in space and on Earth and create a home among the stars.

The movie has one last scene, Goldblum and Co. are in the heart of a destroyed mothership and find a star map that shows all of our local immediate cluster showing the trail of dead planet after dead planet, a perfect path of where they have been, showing once flourishing worlds completely obliterated by the aliens.

And then you see Goldblum start following the trail, and it ends on a single planet. It's not dead, it's atmosphere is habitable to humans. It's the aliens home planet.

"Now it's time for us to destroy their national monuments"

Independence Day: Homecoming

Ok, I need now the movie to end with this.

It still could happen, after all the the Jurassic World trailers I was always saying to my friends "The movie needs to end this way, if not is going to suck", and lo and behold the movie ended exactly as I thought
sans the giant sea dinosaur giving the final bait, and thats was a good extra
, and it was awesome.

So I really hope thats what they are intending by simply oblivierating the Earth on the trailers of this one.

Ok, I need now the movie to end with this.

It still could happen, after all the the Jurassic World trailers I was always saying to my friends "The movie needs to end this way, if not is going to suck", and lo and behold the movie ended exactly as I thought
sans the giant sea dinosaur giving the final bait, and thats was a good extra
, and it was awesome.

So I really hope thats what they are intending by simply oblivierating the Earth on the trailers of this one.

but Jurassic World did suck and that fight was stupid

Jb

This looks like my kind of stupid :D
Jurassic World was not bad enough to laugh at and not good enough to be thrilled by. This might just be cheesy enough to warrant a trip to the theater with some friends.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"They like to get the landmarks."

So self aware. I'm sold.

Earth is destroyed, fucked obliterated. The last vessels of humanity are forced into space with the technology they have gathered over 20 years, entire derelict fleets are floating in orbit from what ever battle happened in the movie. Years go on, we take the remanence of their fleet that is in space and on Earth and create a home among the stars.

The movie has one last scene, Goldblum and Co. are in the heart of a destroyed mothership and find a star map that shows all of our local immediate cluster showing the trail of dead planet after dead planet, a perfect path of where they have been, showing once flourishing worlds completely obliterated by the aliens.

And then you see Goldblum start following the trail, and it ends on a single planet. It's not dead, it's atmosphere is habitable to humans. It's the aliens home planet.

Now find a role for The Rock.
And have him RockBottom the alien emperor.

Looks like the tame PG family movie it was always going to be.

Plus, that Hemsworth is a terrible actor and does accents even worse than his brother.

Eh. Dialogue and performances are way too 90's for my tastes. I'll likely see it, but these trailers aren't doing a thing for me. Maybe I'll rely on reviews for this one.

Wag

Schinken.jpg

Holy shit, this is awesome!!!

Wait...They shot the movie @ 60fps?

Savage.

It didn't suck, the movie faults is filling it with boring and annoying characters.
The climax battle is basically Godzilla shit.
Which is why we have Godzilla.

Jurassic Park wasn't an over-budgeted SyFy channel movie, nor should it be.

Pivoting back to the topic at hand, at least ID4 carries the original license-to-stupid, so I can't fault this.

Ricky_R

CGI looks nice at least. Usually when there's that amount of destruction it doesn't look too good.

Btw, didn't that scientist die in the first movie? Plot twist?

Carlius

Banned
They appear to have gone overboard in bringing back characters, seemingly to compensate for the lack of Smith.

Like, I get Goldblum, but I don't think we need to check in with his dad.

maybe his dad is just there for 5 seconds and then he dies? thats what it looks like

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That was surprisingly great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom