• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New info about Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3D

KingJ2002

I don't think it means that. If anything, he's saying that as a reaction to the number of (lack of) pre-rendered scenes in FFXIII-2.

7:3 is a higher ration than what XIII-2 had.

I see... then i guess a better question would be "how does it compare to FFXIII?"

i think the question is moot... it doesnt make sense releasing this as a PS3 exclusive today... especially since this generation has experienced all of Final Fantasy XIII's story.

this e3 (or sooner) i expect a multiplatform announcement.

and in the same breath... i would love if they dropped the "13" from the title... let this title stand on it's own as a FF spin off.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It's a bit silly to talk about whether or not it will go multiplatform, especially at this stage. Square Enix and most other companies are always looking for an opportunity to maximise their profits. I mean, even if the announcement happens, I don't think anyone should be surprised, really.

StuBurns

Banned
It'll be an interesting move if it remains exclusive, it would seems a pretty bad idea. I'm still pretty surprised MGS4 was never ported personally.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm still pretty surprised MGS4 was never ported personally.
Indeed. But I think Sony had something to do with that considering what Otacon says in the game, and based on the product placements. Or maybe it didn't make sense to port it that time.

StuBurns

Banned
Indeed. But I think Sony had something to do with that considering what Otacon says in the game, and based on the product placements. Or maybe it didn't make sense to port it that time.
Phil Harrison did say it was locked down for the generation in an interview, which I found strange at the time considering everyone was dodging around 'timed' exclusives, and things like that. The game does have PlayStation specific stuff, talk of bluray drives, a PS3, a DS3, a PSP, but they could remove that stuff pretty easily if they'd wanted to. The MGS film's development deal was around the same time though, so that could possibly have been tied into the exclusivity contract for the game.

Top Bottom