• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

56k warning:

61ByYAMgfeL.jpg

Is Kasumi not the face of DOA?
Yes, yes she is. What I'm saying is you'd never ever see a DoA box art like this outside Japan.

In previous DoAs in NA Kasumi being on the cover hasn't happened always. And with the exception of the 3DS spinoff, everytime Kasumi does appear on the front cover in NA she's never just her and another girl. It's always her and a bunch of others (or in the case of DoA4 & 5 it's the whole damn cast almost). And if it ever were to happen I guarantee they wouldn't choose the new flat chested gothic loli.

I'm not complaining. It's just that the cultural differences and tastes between Japan and the west never cease to amaze me.

The only time zero girls were present on a DoA box art was, bizarrely, in the NA cover of the OG Xbox exclusive DoA3.

Yes, yes she is. What I'm saying is you'd never ever see a DoA box art like this outside Japan.

In previous DoAs in NA Kasumi being on the cover hasn't happened always. And with the exception of the 3DS spinoff, everytime Kasumi does appear on the front cover in NA she's never just her and another girl. It's always her and a bunch of others (or in the case of DoA4 & 5 it's the whole damn cast almost). And if it ever were to happen I guarantee they wouldn't choose the new flat chested gothic loli.

I'm not complaining. It's just that the cultural differences and tastes between Japan and the west never cease to amaze me.

The only time zero girls were present on a DoA box art was, bizarrely, in the NA cover of the OG Xbox exclusive DoA3.

Yeah, the Western box art is doing the two character thing as well, except they went with 'mysterious hooded character' instead. =p They're both shit covers. Nobody wins this (last) round.

51GcZqNksaL.jpg

so1337

Two different games from two different publishers based on the same mascot launching on the same platform weeks within each other.
also featuring boxarts seemingly made by interns that don't know how to use the pen tool in Illustrator (especially the one on the right).

Top Bottom