• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New job: Manager and co-workers already hate me (GAF hates me too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this thread so big..

the op whines too much, just wear fucking casual clothes on friday and shut it. You should be happy that your job has these weird and informal rules.

NintendosBooger said:
I sound like an elitist because I choose not to observe a new, stupid tradition that presidents and CEOs grudgingly put into place? What competent company boss doesn't want his/her employee to come to work dressed professionally, if not openly at least secretly?

News flash dude, the clothes do not a professional make. My collegues and I wears clothes fit for laying around the house on a saturday morning at best and I have never worked with a more professional, awesome group of people in my life.

I think you'll eventually come to this realization as you get older. Fancy socks and pressed pants don't make you good at your job, and your work should speak for itself rather than relying on clothes to do so.

OP is a fucking moron who should not get job anywhere. You can't be a teamplayer in a company!!! I hope you get fucking fired. I hate people who think they are higher then everybody. Big fucking ego of the fuckers.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
zoku88 said:
The saddest thing about this thread is that if/when he gets fired, he won't tell us about it..

Its gonna be real shameful, having to put "Would not comply with Dress Down Friday's" as a reason for being fired when he applies for his next job.

Results, results, results, results.

If you make the bottom line go up, dress professionally every day, no one will care. If you don't, well...

It's also team spirit, man. Why fight over something so trivial?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
zoku88 said:
The saddest thing about this thread is that if/when he gets fired, he won't tell us about it..

The speed he left his own thread probably guarantees that. Hopefully he is reading some of this and learning a lesson about how he communicates with other people.

Beezy

NintendosBooger said:
I like how some of you are gleefully predicting I'll lose my job.

All the higher-ups wear suits regardless of what day it is. If my direct manager comes to me again about this dress down bullshit, all I have to do is walk into any one of their offices and explain to them the situation. I'm sure they'll sympathize being professionally dressed, SUCCESSFUL earners.

A wise man once said, "Don't dress where you are, dress where you want to be." That's rare wisdom you won't get everyday on GAF, folks, so remember it, chums.

malek4980 said:
165_alec-baldwin.jpg

I knew I heard that quote recently. :lol

cilonen

OuterWorldVoice said:
The speed he left his own thread probably guarantees that. Hopefully he is reading some of this and learning a lesson about how he communicates with other people.

He's a genetically different winner though, he's probably gone off to post on other boards with other SUCCESSFUL alphas.

That or he's being double-teamed in a ski lodge way off piste where no-one can hear him scream.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I can't imagine what it must be like going through life getting angry at inconsequential bullshit like the OP.

NintendosBooger said:
I sound like an elitist because I choose not to observe a new, stupid tradition that presidents and CEOs grudgingly put into place? What competent company boss doesn't want his/her employee to come to work dressed professionally, if not openly at least secretly?
You sound incredibly anal.

I think it's awesome that Mr. My first Office Job thinks he's being all professional and executive, then his manager asks him to do the simplest thing in the world his first week and he's like "wahhh, no FU! I'm better than all of you!!"

If you can't even navigate entry level office politics, you're going nowhere, kid.

The OP is also very naive if he thinks upper management is really going to be impressed by some schmuck dressing up in a suit on dress down day. :lol

They are going to see you as a brown noser.

cilonen said:
Get progressively more formal every day next week. Smart suit on Monday, three-piece on Tuesday, dinner jacket Wednesday then top hat & tails on Thursday. Then come in on Friday in a red velvet smoking jacket and brogues. You are dressing down, and you'll still look way the fuck more stylish than them.
:lol :lol

Fucking awesome idea.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Relix said:
He has been skiing with the company CEO's for two weeks now.

:lol :lol

I know it's amazing but people like the OP exist in the world. And of course he will read this thread and still believe he is right. I can't believe how many people defended his choice, though. Team player > all.

I only read the first post of this thread.

That being said, WTF man. You don't need to look professional if everyone's telling you not to, including your boss. You mean to tell me you're always in a suit in your life? You don't own any jeans and collar shirts?

Just do it. You think this is an actual problem? Sorry but you're ridiculous.

the man makes the suit, not the other way around...if you want to wear a suit all the time id probably have to wonder what character flaws your trying to make up for

Trevor360

Banned
GodfatherX said:
the man makes the suit, not the other way around...if you want to wear a suit all the time id probably have to wonder what character flaws your trying to make up for
its not that he wants to wear a suit all the time, he just wanted to wear it cause the higher ups were in the office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom