• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Hearts 3D Famitsu Preview (Tron!!!!)

Goli

Since I can't create new threads yet and this is the most KH related one I guess this is the best place to post this:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/24010464.html
New screens and information!
I didn't read the storyline bits since I don't wanna spoil myself, but it has a couple of new gameplay bits.
As you defeat enemies you get DP (drop points) which you can use to enhance Sora/Riku once the drop gauge runs out, which is when you switch characters.
It also has information regarding the dream eaters, which you can "breed" once you have their recipe and the required materials.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Since I can't create new threads yet and this is the most KH related one I guess this is the best place to post this:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/24010464.html
New screens and information!
I didn't read the storyline bits since I don't wanna spoil myself, but it has a couple of new gameplay bits.
As you defeat enemies you get DP (drop points) which you can use to enhance Sora/Riku once the drop gauge runs out, which is when you switch characters.
It also has information regarding the dream eaters, which you can "breed" once you have their recipe and the required materials.

I guess that meant no more worlds to reveal. I hope KH3 would blow me away with choices of the worlds...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
l_4f45c808ea120izuix.jpg

I'll let duckroll do the honor of the thread split and rehosting all 30 images or so.

He should be on his way soonish.

Platy

Kingdom hearts would be SO MUCH BETTER if they focused on Disney stuff 75% of the time and not 25% =/

Also, makes me wonder if the actors know that there are some random japoneses making their models and that they will be soon entering the realms of KH fanfics

duckroll

Kingdom hearts would be SO MUCH BETTER if they focused on Disney stuff 75% of the time and not 25% =/

Really? I think if we did an actual count of how many % a game is in absolute terms, the amount of Disney content would actually be more like 75%.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Really? I think if we did an actual count of how many % a game is in absolute terms, the amount of Disney content would actually be more like 75%.

Content, sure.
Significance/Importance? Only Mickey really. It's not like the original where Maleficence was a threat and Beast was a big part of the final moments. Now Maleficence and Pete are the Lenny and Squiggy of the series

duckroll

Content, sure.
Significance/Importance? Only Mickey really. It's not like the original where Maleficence was a threat and Beast was a big part of the final moments. Now Maleficence and Pete are the Lenny and Squiggy of the series

I certainly don't care about the "story" in terms of who is more or less important to the overall plot. If I'm in the Sleeping Beauty world, and the main treat there is Maleficent, that's all that matters to me. I don't really care to think deeper if she needs to be "behind everything" or whatever.

There's a ton of Disney stuff in the game, and that's what I play the games for.

Seda

Content, sure.

Agree. Maleficent became a joke villain in KH2. She was a little better in BbS.

But in terms of the game itself, Disney is most of the game. In terms of the plot (lol) KH2 for example is very backloaded. You spend a lot of time in Disney worlds for the majority of the game, but a lot of the overarchinng story takes place in Twilight Town and The World that Never Was.

The Disney world plots are simply more confined to their world, which is sorta the point I guess. Scratch that, KH1's Disney worlds were pretty well implemented into the overall story. I wish KH would stay more like that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I certainly don't care about the "story" in terms of who is more or less important to the overall plot. If I'm in the Sleeping Beauty world, and the main treat there is Maleficent, that's all that matters to me. I don't really care to think deeper if she needs to be "behind everything" or whatever.

There's a ton of Disney stuff in the game, and that's what I play the games for.

I'm the same way. But that doesn't mean I don't want to go back to caring about the story. I just think to do that it needs to keep the mostly simplistic/childrens' fairy tale storyline of the original.

I liked the Kingdom Hearts games on PS2 never played the portable games that came afterward that said I have my 3DS in hand can’t wait.

duckroll

I'm the same way. But that doesn't mean I don't want to go back to caring about the story. I just think to do that it needs to keep the mostly simplistic/childrens' fairy tale storyline of the original.

I don't mind how they juggle the mix of Disney worlds and storylines along with their silly wacky shounen anime stuff though. What I would like is better writing in general, in terms of actual quality of event writing and dialogue. As far as the focus goes, I'm mostly fine with how it is in the major KH games so far. When taken to the extreme like in 358/2 Days, I find it very frustrating and annoying too, because the lack of Disney makes it boring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I liked the Kingdom Hearts games on PS2 never played the portable games that came afterward that said I have my 3DS in hand can’t wait.

Sadly, you'll be missing the best portable Kingdom Hearts atm

edit: Also, as of note, Amazon and Gamestop both have a pre-order page up for this title, so I think we'll be seeing a release date soon.

Sadly, you'll be missing the best portable Kingdom Hearts atm

edit: Also, as of note, Amazon and Gamestop both have a pre-order page up for this title, so I think we'll be seeing a release date soon.

Already pre-ordered on Amazon in case SE decided to drop a 50 dollar price tag on this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Already pre-ordered on Amazon in case SE decided to drop a 50 dollar price tag on this.

We'll see. I could see them pulling that in Japan with that whole mess of gaming pricing, but I think even SE knows that people aren't gonna pay 50 for a handheld game. Or not enough would.

I'm kind of hoping they do a KH3DS bundle. They did one with BBS(and it actually came out over here)

duckroll

We'll see. I could see them pulling that in Japan with that whole mess of gaming pricing, but I think even SE knows that people aren't gonna pay 50 for a handheld game. Or not enough would.

I'm kind of hoping they do a KH3DS bundle. They did one with BBS(and it actually came out over here)

How much was Birth by Sleep in the US? The price for KH3D in Japan is the same as the BbS one, so if it was lower in the US, there's no reason they would charge differently imo.

Eh, just playing it safe. Capcom left me a little nervous when they almost charged 50 for Revelations before changing it at the last minute.

key

This game, along with Kid Icarus, The Last Story, and Xenoblade Chronicles, are all great reasons to own Nintendo consoles right now, in my opinion. I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this.

I wish I would've been able to play BbS, though =/. I seriously considered picking up a PSPGo until I heard that BbS wouldn't be on PSN. It might be time to find a cheap PSP...

Mario007

Content, sure.

It would actually be much worse if Maleficence or some other Disney bad guy served as the bad guy for the series. The fact is that after KH1 when they played it safe the game actually created its own characters, its own story. These characters actually make it feel like a proper game rather than a fairy tale crossover.

Also in BBS the worlds were very well implemented to the overall plot

Zebra

Wow, the Jeff Bridges and Johnny Depp models look great.

I'm looking forward to this game, but I've never played BBS. Would it be acceptable if I were to just read up on a plot summary of what happens in it? Or would that be blasphemous?

duckroll

Wow, the Jeff Bridges and Johnny Depp models look great.

I'm looking forward to this game, but I've never played BBS. Would it be acceptable if I were to just read up on a plot summary of what happens in it? Or would that be blasphemous?

The Johnny Depp one is from KH2, in case you were confused. Did you not play that either? Lolol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It would actually be much worse if Maleficence or some other Disney bad guy served as the bad guy for the series. The fact is that after KH1 when they played it safe the game actually created its own characters, its own story. These characters actually make it feel like a proper game rather than a fairy tale crossover.

Also in BBS the worlds were very well implemented to the overall plot

If anything you're just furthering the point that none of the Disney or potentially FF villains are worth Sora's time because he's clearly dealing with these way more powerful bs original villains.

We got Sorceror Mickey, who is an incredibly iconic figure in Disney media. I used to (and still have) my own Sorceror Mickey plushie, and I love it.

I'm sure duckroll will agree with me.

Hunchback, Sorceror Mickey, and Chernabog rematch? Yeah, as a Disney fan, I'm pretty damn satisfied. Wouldn't have said no to a Basil/Sword in the Stone world, but I'm sure KH3 will have all that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We got Sorceror Mickey, who is an incredibly iconic figure in Disney media. I used to (and still have) my own Sorceror Mickey plushie, and I love it.

I'm sure duckroll will agree with me.

Hunchback, Sorceror Mickey, and Chernabog rematch? Yeah, as a Disney fan, I'm pretty damn satisfied. Wouldn't have said no to a Basil/Sword in the Stone world, but I'm sure KH3 will have all that.
Really want Robin Hood. REALLY want a side story that plays off Disney Afternoon stuff. Like, Darkwing, Tale Spin, and Gummi Bears could have such great gameplay. But it'll never happen.

I think the big revelas for 3 will be Pixar stuff(Toy Story, specifically) and Tangled.

duckroll

Really want Robin Hood. REALLY want a side story that plays off Disney Afternoon stuff. Like, Darkwing, Tale Spin, and Gummi Bears could have such great gameplay. But it'll never happen.

I think the big revelas for 3 will be Pixar stuff(Toy Story, specifically) and Tangled.

If they start making KH3 this year, I think they might decide to make the live action world John Carter.

Yeah, I thought it was weird they didn't put in some more underrated Disney films. With Hunchback, I thought that was the direction they were going. Wasn't exactly wishing for another Tron world to be honest...

Disney Afternoon? Blech. I could get on board with Duck Tales maybe, but outside of that? No thankyou.

Pixar films are definitely coming.

Top Bottom