• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Hearts 3D Famitsu Preview (Tron!!!!)

Mario007

If anything you're just furthering the point that none of the Disney or potentially FF villains are worth Sora's time because he's clearly dealing with these way more powerful bs original villains.

...which is true since all the FF and Disney villains are confined to their worlds and the KH villains are pretty much set on conquering and/or destroying all the worlds. As I've said I would have not continued on with supporting the series (bought every game bar final mixes) if KH2, and to a certain extend CoM, didn't change the direction of the series to a more unique experience rather than just being a simple fairytale-story-like crossover.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they start making KH3 this year, I think they might decide to make the live action world John Carter.

Maybe. It's a bit dull looking compared to other Disney films though. Even more than POTC which was already the most 'realistic' Disney world.

Brave is more likely than that, imo. If they start doing the Pixar stuff, but I doubt they'd blow their Pixar load all at once

Zebra

The Johnny Depp one is from KH2, in case you were confused. Did you not play that either? Lolol.

Bahah, my bad. The link was broken for me so I just assumed it was a pic from the 3DS game, which was stupid of me considering the resolution of it.

I haven't played Kh2 since its release and honestly I'd forgotten there was even a potc world in it! I sadly don't keep up to speed with this franchise.

StuBurns

Banned
The real question is,

When does Square start looking at Marvel and Muppets since Disney owns that now?
Muppets worlds would be strange, they're satires of already established things, the pirate stuff, and old London town with Xmas Carol etc.

Goli

Andriasang put a more or less word by word translated version, from the Famitsu article, as usual.
http://andriasang.com/con02t/kh3d_update/
Something which hasn't been mentioned is that each dream eater has a different personality which you can mold when training. One of the little paragraphs under one of the screenshots hints that personalities also influence battle behavior and parameters.

duckroll

Realistic is the wrong word. I mean they do have aliens and all that. It just seems very, very brown for the most part.

The planet setting is very brown, but the world does have a huge palace and city, filled with colorful aliens, fleets of spaceships, various creatures, etc. I think if they're thinking of pushing the scale and graphics of KH3, it would be a good pick. Kinda like an Avatar world, but by Disney.

I'm looking forward to this game, but I've never played BBS. Would it be acceptable if I were to just read up on a plot summary of what happens in it? Or would that be blasphemous?

I'd recommend playing BBS mainly because 1) It's the best game in the series, and 2) It'd be the best way to familiarize yourself with the Command Deck system, which KH3D will also use. If playing it is absolutely not an option, though, I guess you can just read a plot summary.

Speaking of which, KH3D actually does provide a text recap of each previous game.

The planet setting is very brown, but the world does have a huge palace and city, filled with colorful aliens, fleets of spaceships, various creatures, etc. I think if they're thinking of pushing the scale and graphics of KH3, it would be a good pick. Kinda like an Avatar world, but by Disney.

Probably depends pretty heavily on whether the film is a hit or not, because let's face it, KH3 almost certainly isn't even in the planning stages yet.

Zebra

I'd recommend playing BBS mainly because 1) It's the best game in the series, and 2) It'd be the best way to familiarize yourself with the Command Deck system, which KH3D will also use. If playing it is absolutely not an option, though, I guess you can just read a plot summary.

Speaking of which, KH3D actually does provide a text recap of each previous game.

The problem is a lack of a PSP. I just don't know if getting one is worth it for a single game, but it's an option I'll consider. I have heard good things about the game.
I'm glad to hear that 3D will include some recaps, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Muppets worlds would be strange, they're satires of already established things, the pirate stuff, and old London town with Xmas Carol etc.

Just make a Behemoth summon where he comes out and eats one of the enemies.

edit: Or when you die, you get a Veterinarian's Hospital skit of Dr. Bob reviving Goofy or Donald

StuBurns

Banned
The problem is a lack of a PSP. I just don't know if getting one is worth it for a single game, but it's an option I'll consider. I have heard good things about the game.
I'm glad to hear that 3D will include some recaps, though.
It's amazing, but it's not that amazing. Maybe if you can get one really cheap.

A Muppets world that had Statler and Waldorf residing permanently in a corner of the screen and mocking the shit out of everything that Sora does would be the most amazing thing.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
l_4f45c808ea120izuix.jpg

I'll let duckroll do the honor of the thread split and rehosting all 30 images or so.

He should be on his way soonish.

Wow, looks great on the 3DS!

I wasn't really even considering KH3D, I've basically lost interest in the series but I do admit this entry looks neat - certainly more interesting than 358/2.

Wow, looks great on the 3DS!

I wasn't really even considering KH3D, I've basically lost interest in the series but I do admit this entry looks neat - certainly more interesting than 358/2. I'm still hoping for a 3DS port of Birth By Sleep, really don't want to pick up a PSP for only two games (that and p3p).

KH3D is made by the Birth by Sleep team.

Okay the only KH games I played were 1, 2, and that gba one. I liked them all. I never played any outside that. Are the plots from these (3 now? I think?) side stories really going to matter when 3 hits (in like 3045 or whenever)? Are they good stories and fun games? Didn't one of them (the ds one I think?) sorta suck?

Kusagari

Okay the only KH games I played were 1, 2, and that gba one. I liked them all. I never played any outside that. Are the plots from these (3 now? I think?) side stories really going to matter when 3 hits (in like 3045 or whenever)? Are they good stories and fun games? Didn't one of them (the ds one I think?) sorta suck?

BBS and this game aren't side stories.

ZenaxPure

BBS and this game aren't side stories.

Indeed. Based on the secret movie in RE:Coded whenever KH3 does get made it seems like BBS will tie directly into it. I'd almost argue BBS is the most important game in the series if you care about the over-arching story at all. Also BBS is just the best game in the franchise, period.

There are actually 2 games on the original DS, as well. The first one starring Roxas was indeed a side-story only really good if you care about the world and want to see a lot of behind the scenes stuff from the side of the antagonists.

RE:Coded on the other hand is bizarre. On one hand it takes place directly after KH2 but has little to do with the main story. Instead it does things like
give info about Sora becoming a heartless in the first game
and
further info about why their journal was erased during KH: CoM

Also it sets up KH3D which I find weird since I am pretty sure KH3D is supposed to set up KH3, right? Like a setup for a setup? Oh well.

Well disney owns Marvel now so maybe they will go with the Avengers

Not going to actually say any of them, but lots of spoilers that confirm some fairly obvious stuff.

It's a pretty big article too. I'm actually kind of surprised it wasn't the cover story, given how many pages it gets.

jackdoe

Wonder if they'll get Fred Tatasciore for Flynn. He was a passable sound alike in Tron Evolution. Unless they pull off the upset and somehow get Jeff Bridges to do it.

Didn't think this was worth a new thread, but there was a shitty cam video taken from the Kingdom Hearts Anniversary event where they showed the opening of KH3D. A lot of it can't be seen properly in the video, but reportedly that scene at the end that had
Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and various Keyblade users
included
Terra, Aqua, and Ven
alongside Sora and Riku.

CorvoSol

Can I just say again that, much as I'd love to see Sword in the Stone (come on, what better way to shoehorn Gilgamesh in to have him as one of the Englishmen trying to get Excalibur?) I also want there to be more FF in this series. Birth By Sleep had like, 1 cameo. Give me some 4 and 13 Nomura. C'mooooooooooon.

Can I just say again that, much as I'd love to see Sword in the Stone (come on, what better way to shoehorn Gilgamesh in to have him as one of the Englishmen trying to get Excalibur?) I also want there to be more FF in this series. Birth By Sleep had like, 1 cameo. Give me some 4 and 13 Nomura. C'mooooooooooon.

Eh, I'll take TWEWY cameos over FF any day. :p

CorvoSol

Eh, I'll take TWEWY cameos over FF any day. :p

I still haven't played TWEWY, so maybe that's why I'm not excited about it at all. I just really want to see some 4 or 13 in there. I mean, Nomura knows how to draw the most important characters, now, so let's have it.

I still haven't played TWEWY, so maybe that's why I'm not excited about it at all. I just really want to see some 4 or 13 in there. I mean, Nomura knows how to draw the most important characters, now, so let's have it.

TWEWY cameos are infinitely superior to 4 or 13 cameos.

despite it being some of the weirdest shit ever (it only needs Donald Duck arguing with Jeff) I'm quite impressed by how crips and detailed he looks. This game might be the best looking 3DS game yet

and makes me dream about a Epic Mickey sequel with fixed controls/camera on the 3DS

Gameboy415

The new screens look amazing and this:

If you haven't played some of the previous ones and just want a story recap to catch up, Kingdom hearts 3D has a recap mode for all the previous games.

http://andriasang.com/con01f/kh3d_memoir/
is pretty awesome news!

I've played all the Kingdom Hearts games to completion, but I still haven't played Kingdom Hearts 2 in English (I was in Japan when the game first released in December 2005 so I played through the JP version) so I'm still a bit hazy on some aspects of the story.
An official summary/recap in KH3D sounds like a great addition!

I can't wait! :D

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
The Tron Legacy world looks amazing! Loved the movie, so I'm super excited about this being in KH3D.

Epcott

Love those Tron Legacy images...

rJDrA.jpg

Edit: Glad they added the "running on the arena ceiling" part from the movie. Sweeeet!

Top Bottom