• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Mario Kart 7 screens, trailer, and Iwata asks

watershed

Banned
I wonder if the gyro controls are good enough to actually play the game that way? Like to play competitively, online, or in time trial mode. I wasn't a fan of the MKwii's motion controls.

NomarTyme

fernoca said:
Yep.
Guess the 3DS will be getting one hell of a redesign next year.. now with a steering wheel too!

ud8qq.jpg

ChQRV.jpg

Qu9DB.jpg
x1d0N.jpg

(AndriaSang.com)
Sold... oh mang

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Javier said:
Lakitu charges it via his electric powers.

No kidding, play Super Mario RPG
Miracles.

Also when two or more players seek the assistance of Lakitu, is there a whole team of them ready to leap in with a fishing rod or just the one who has the ability to create clones of himself.

Tom_Cody

To anyone that has been following this more closely than me- is the Luigi's Mansion course new or is it the one from MKDS?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Been replaying MKWii this week, and there is still plenty of people playing online it seems. Guess its not too surprising when its one of the best seller of the console. Don't see much lag either compared to the shitty online of Super Smash.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bisnic said:
Been replaying MKWii this week, and there is still plenty of people playing online it seems. Guess its not too surprising when its one of the best seller of the console. Don't see much lag either compared to the shitty online of Super Smash.

Although Mario Kart Wii is full of hackers, whereas Smash is laggy, but hacker free.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
That steering wheel attachment looks cool ... but I'd probably be fine just playing MK7 without it too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
EvilMario said:
Although Mario Kart Wii is full of hackers, whereas Smash is laggy, but hacker free.

Hackers? They must be rare, because in all the games i did yesterday, i never thought about "man this guy must be hacking".

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Bisnic said:
Hackers? They must be rare, because in all the games i did yesterday, i never thought about "man this guy must be hacking".

Maybe there's a lot less years later, but for a long while online play was filled with people that would win in less than five seconds, or people that had infinite Bullet Bills / Starman. It was really depressing, but if it's cleaned up, I might go back to Mario Kart Wii to warm up for 7.

It's actually my favorite Mario Kart overall, so I have high hopes for 7. Especially with the return of a few of my favorite DS / Retro stages.

Tom_Cody

Shiggy said:
It's part of the retro cups ;)
:/

I'm happy that it's there, but a bit disappointed that it isn't new. With the 3DS sequel coming out, I had hoped that they would create a new level to showcase the franchise.

DarkWish

So Nintendo Power has revealed the other two secret characters supposedly:
Wiggler and Honey Bee (the Queen Bee from the Mario Galaxy games)
. There are scans out, but I can't post them obviously... seem legit to me. One of those characters is very random, some odd choices there. And with that, I think we now know the full roster.

DarkWish said:
. There are scans out, but I can't post them obviously... seem legit to me. One of those characters is very random, some odd choices there. And with that, I think we now know the full roster.

What. That first one is perhaps one of the most random picks I've ever seen. At least the second one makes kind of sense.

DarkWish said:

Eh, disappointed in both those characters. There are so many better options. And dang, I never get my magazines before news shows up on the web.

EvilMario said:
Maybe there's a lot less years later, but for a long while online play was filled with people that would win in less than five seconds, or people that had infinite Bullet Bills / Starman. It was really depressing, but if it's cleaned up, I might go back to Mario Kart Wii to warm up for 7.

It's actually my favorite Mario Kart overall, so I have high hopes for 7. Especially with the return of a few of my favorite DS / Retro stages.
I've only run into it once and wasn't 100% sure it was a hacker so I stayed in the game. Next race I got hit with a lightning bolt before the race even started. It was the only time it happened to me so I thought it was hilarious. Oh I have a recording too! http://www.twitch.tv/jpbrowncoat/b/295364970

EvilMario said:

And this is one of the reasons why Communities are going to be so awesome =)

Top Bottom