• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Max Payne 3 article/info/shots in EDGE

Sober

Zenith said:
those examples really aren't the same as a standard TPS cover game, where every single map is designed around it with chest-high walls facing the direction you're going.
Yeah, I better not get the chest-high wall cluttered arena where shoot-dodging becomes useless because you either bump into a crate or you spent half your bullet-time navigating a maze of boxes.

VaLiancY

Sounds very good but I have a feeling someone out there still feels upset it doesn't take place entirely in New York.

Stitch

Gold Member
i hope they get the controls right. walking through a door is the hardest thing to do in gta4 and red dead...

so many teams working on this actually sounds like a mess

SamuraiX-

Sounds good.

Demand more images and hopefully some gameplay videos soon to see how badly they've tarnished this franchise.

SketchTheArtist said:
Ass Creed Bro had about 4 different studios working on it. Wouldn't call it a mess.

The development of the Ass Creed games are incredible though - they managed to knock ACII out in two years and Brotherhood in 1 with about 450 people working on them.

I remain sceptical of MP3's development due to the fact that it's taken them several years and most likely several iterations to reach this point (the R* tradition). Hopefully it pays off in the same way that RDR did, and doesn't lack focus a a result. They seem to be on the right track for a non-Remedy project judging by the EDGE preview, so i'm cautiously optimistic..

Classic NYC Max with his signature jacket seems to be back...but graphics look downgraded. His tie is part of his shirt texture :(

Dabanton

Sounds impressive. Some of the bawling over this game has been completely embarrassing to witness.

I look forward to the full media blowout. Seems they are gearing up for that.

Sounds good. Love me some Payne.

You'd think R* would be putting more of a focus on LA Noire than Max Payne 3 given that it's coming out next month.

Dabanton

snoopeasystreet said:

You'd think R* would be putting more of a focus on LA Noire than Max Payne 3 given that it's coming out next month.

Well LA Noire is a Team Bondi game so while R* has no doubt helped it's not their game so to speak.

derFeef

snoopeasystreet said:

People still not know how the rockstar imperium works? Team Bondi is making LA Noir.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I totally called the flashback angle when the screens came out the other day. I'm looking forward to this, especially now that they have Max's VA back. That was my biggest fear for the new one.

derFeef

snoopeasystreet said:
Rockstar are publishing LA Noire. It's in their best interest to market it as well as possible.
So what should they do. Force the other studios to stop their work? I don't get it.

Dabanton

snoopeasystreet said:
Rockstar are publishing LA Noire. It's in their best interest to market it as well as possible.

It is being Marketed though.

Very well indeed. Remember it's still a month away and R* know how to build the interest steadily with the video series.

We'll probably get the TV ad's early next month as well.

Zenith

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Ok... then who or what is Max Payne?

Answer the question without saying the following words: Rain, New York, Remedy

Why can't we use those words? May as well ask "What is Freespace?" with out using the words space, Colossus, Volition.

Zenith said:
Why can't we use those words? May as well ask "What is Freespace?" with out using the words space, Colossus, Volition.

Because those complaints have already been said ad nauseum. It's a personal thing, I think it is possible to make a good Max Payne game in a different location and while Remedy isn't involved, it isn't an automatic death knell.

Anyways, my biggest complaint's already been dealt with, McCaffrey's back. The rest I'm okay with.

derFeef said:
So what should they do. Force the other studios to stop their work? I don't get it.

I didn't mean a development focus, I meant a marketing focus.

Dabanton said:
It is being Marketed though.

Very well indeed. Remember it's still a month away and R* know how to build the interest steadily with the video series.

We'll probably get the TV ad's early next month as well.

I suppose. It just seems odd to get a magazine cover and not put you're soon to be release on it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm not heavily invested in the Max Payne franchise, though I do own them both (thanks Steam) and am probably only 2/3rds of the way through the first MP1.

The game feels so old now that I'm not sure what people want out of a sequel coming almost 8 years after the last installment in the series. It can't play the same, that's for sure, and a return to the same setting probably wouldn't be very interesting for the people making the game.

I like the idea of telling the story over a long period of time and having the character really change throughout the course of the game. Seems like an interesting experiment, just like the Noir storytelling approach was back when MP1 first released.

Zenith said:
If everyone's saying it repeatedly then odds are it's actually a problem.

Alright, but why is not having it be in New York specifically a problem? I never really got the argument against the location change (some of the others are fine with me). The location they're sending Max too is an interesting one. So much crime and tension and just craziness there. Very gloomy and violent.

Lakitu

st5fu
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
They didn't mention dream sequences... hope they have those, Max Payne 2's dream sequences were awesome.

Yeah, they were fantastic in MP 2. Hope do they keep them in.

But MP1's ones were terrible.

It's up there now in my most anticipated games of '11, amongst Silent Hill: Downpour, Uncharted 3, The Last Guardian and L.A. Noire.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
FINALBOSS said:
You can only carry so many damn weapons dude.
It's just an easy way to balance situational weapons that would otherwise be overpowered. Restricting ammo is another way.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Vancouver, London, Toronto, and New England R* studios are all cooperating on this title.

That isn't called co-operation. That isn't even called development. That is called firefighting.

theBishop

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Ok... then who or what is Max Payne?

Answer the question without saying the following words: Rain, New York, Remedy

Remedy could make a rainy real time strategy set in New York, and it wouldn't be Max Payne.

low-G

derFeef said:
People still not know how the rockstar imperium works? Team Bondi is making LA Noir.

I wouldn't doubt they have multiple Rockstar studios working on LA Noire at this point. That's usually how they operate.

Dabanton

Just finished reading the EDGE article and the utter turnaround that's coming from the naysayers will be utterly delicious to watch. Love the sound of enemy encounters and the way Max moves around the environment.

The videos cannot come soon enough. The pictures look hot enough. :D

Saty

RustyNails said:
Duke Nukem Forever should be out soon
Notsureifserious.jpg

Funny that they mention 3 weapons, it's like a feature: not 2, but 3 weapons carriable at the same time! Leapfrogging the competition.

Details! Finally! Sounds promising, will at least be a good game regardless of whether or not they nail the feel of the game. Glad McCaffrey is still playing Max and they haven't thrown away the character. With Rockstar's history I'm sure the trailers will be very impressive and get us hyped for release.

Top Bottom