• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Survive screenshots

Crypt

I'm actually willing to give the game a chance. It doesn't look too bad so far, but I'd like to see more gameplay, which I guess we'll get since it's available to play at Gamescom this year.

At 30$ or less will be the sweet spot. Will probably buy it given that the gameplay was the only decent thing on MGSV.

Thank god Kojima isn't here to see what they are doing to his Metal Gear series, an absolute disgrace.

It will probably be a better game than his last two games, is not that difficult after the shitfest that MGSV was.

I hope for all the poor souls making this game that it comes out and is fucking awesome.

Agreed. The people making this game had no part in the Kojima situation. Kojima probably wishes them well. I mean really... if Konami is to continue the franchise, this is exactly what we should want. It's basically a huge add on with features I honestly wished had been in MGSV proper, namely co-op.

It will probably be a better game than his last two games, is not that difficult after the shitfest that MGSV was.

Sit your ass down somewhere man, honestly, what are you even saying right now? Easier to be better than what's considered by many to be one of, if not the best game this generation? Come on now.

The level design seems pretty simple tbh. Wonder if it'll be a full price game

It 30

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm really excited for this, mostly because I just want more MGSV gameplay. That games gameplay was a dreamwork and the engine needs to be utilized more because its an absolute marvel.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Konami should have put the resources into making MGS V story DLC Kojima or not rather than drop most support for MGS V and move towards creating a new game.

How are we meant to trust they'll stick around and support this rather than ditch it like they did to MGS V?

And then people will crufify Konami for "screwing up Kojima's story" and how they perverted Kojima's ambition and vision for the game, and its not a pure Kojima game anymore

BadWolf

And then people will crufify Konami for "screwing up Kojima's story" and how they perverted Kojima's ambition and vision for the game, and its not a pure Kojima game anymore

Except episode 51 was pretty much fully planned out and even had some voice acting done.

It would have been missing the Kojima cinematic touch but would have been better than nothing and made them some easy money.

ArtHands

Except episode 51 was pretty much fully planned out and even had some voice acting done.

It would have been missing the Kojima cinematic touch but would have been better than nothing and made them some easy money.

Wasn't it Kojima who decided to leave episode 51 out of the final game?

If konami add in episode 51, people will see this as Konami going against Kojima's decision to exclude 51

BadWolf

Wasn't it Kojima who decided to leave episode 51 out of the final game?

If konami add in episode 51, people will see this as Konami going against Kojima's decision to exclude 51

No, Konami confirmed that it was supposed to be post launch DLC.

Drain You

I'm really excited for this, mostly because I just want more MGSV gameplay. That games gameplay was a dreamwork and the engine needs to be utilized more because its an absolute marvel.

Did Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain both play the same? Kinda interested in Survive cause I'm a big fan of base building, but I really had a hard time getting used to the controls for Ground Zeroes and ultimately ended up putting the game down.

JCG

There's a chance it might be fun, but I'll treat it as something entirely unrelated to the main series and thus my expectations will remain below zero in that respect.

KillySG10

Neo Member
img35.jpg
This right here sums it all up for me, bothered me since the original trailer, that is clearly
Diamond Dogs mother base, but the plot reasons for why they are where they are, zombies an' all, is that its from MSF mother base.

Basically, it feels obvious this isn't getting much attention put into it, as though Konami is just chugging it out for cash, i mean, zombie co-op survival game, real original spin to take the Metal Gear franchise in a breath new life into it /s

Not even G2A worthy, imo.

Yeah, I'm overwhelmingly doubtful that it will be. It's more so whether or not this is worth the time for many that will be fun to hear give all of the survival elements. I see people keep saying things like "dat MGSV gameplay tho!!!!!!!" but those MGO3 servers been dead as hell for the longest excluding groups of die-hards who plan out sessions together in advance. The impressions from E3 were okay, but people only got to play 10-15 minutes of the game ...people were raving about MGO3 after 10-15 minutes, the problems start arising when people play ...any more than that. Personally, my friends are getting this anyway so I don't mind getting a second-hand key for some good times with them. The thing that piques my interest the most is the names on the end credits. I know many bolted for Kojima's new studio, but much love to the developers who are trying to at least salvage this as best they can ...if Konami even allows them to do that.

ArtHands

It was one of the endings that adds on top of the story.

The main game already contains 4 endings, episode 51 would have been the 5th.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=27949

You know that doesn't answer my question of whether Kojima (I am not talking about Konami here for a sec) intended 51 to be the ending in the end. In fact the link seems to suggest that even Kojima doesnt intended mission 51,to be the real and canon ending in the end, considering that it was cut rather early.

51 is like some deleted scenes of movies. Originally intended to be in the movie, but got cut therefore they dont count anymore.

Sure mission 51 explain what happened to Eli after they left motherbase, but it seems Kojima in the end decided against that, and left what happened next (until their next appearance in the other games) to be open ended and let the players fill in the blank themselves instead.

gafneo

Banned
Thank god Kojima isn't here to see what they are doing to his Metal Gear series, an absolute disgrace.

Because spin-off games qualify as sequels now. Guess I should have taken Red Dead's zombie mode more seriously since it was mainline.

Arttemis

I'm not giving them a fucking penny for what is without a doubt a microtransaction cesspool.

What shitfest of a comment is this? You're saying it's going to be better than MGSV when this is literally the mechanics, engine, and game world of that game transposed into a survival experience. Everything about this game is due to the work KojiPro put into MGSV.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I'm not giving them a fucking penny for what is without a doubt a microtransaction cesspool.

What shitfest of a comment is this? You're saying it's going to be better than MGSV when this is literally the mechanics, engine, and game world of that game transposed into a survival experience. Everything about this game is due to the work KojiPro put into MGSV.
There are some who believe Ground Zeroes is better than the Phantom Pain.

Just saw a few previews since this thread reminded me this game exists, and... I really expected this game to be different. Looks like stealth is practically useless and things like side-ops are on a timer due to the base attack waves. So this is primarily a survival shooter first, stealth game second.

I also didn't expect the co-op mode to be relegated to "co-op" missions. I expected co-op to be pretty much a permanent thing where you could fully explore all content together.

I expected this to be a co-op MGSV stealth sandbox with zombies and instead it's pretty much just another zombie wave shooter. Greatly disappointed and totally uninterested in the game right now. Best of luck to Konami but I expect this to bomb spectacularly.

Well yeah, the only decent part of MGSV was the mechanics, engine and some base building stuff. Every thing else is disappointing ad infinitum and you can be sure that this is not an unpopular opinion, feel free to visit any MGSV thread.

And KojiPro did it with Konami's money and Konami can do whatever it pleases with their properties and creations.

There are some who believe Ground Zeroes is better than the Phantom Pain.

It is a better game, from story to level design. Is a great experience overall.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Well yeah, the only decent part of MGSV was the mechanics, engine and some base building stuff. Every thing else is disappointing ad infinitum and you can be sure that this is not an unpopular opinion, feel free to visit any MGSV thread.

And KojiPro did it with Konami's money and Konami can do whatever it pleases with their properties and creations.

It is a better game, from story to level design. Is a great experience overall.
Right. Some people believe it's a better game. Case and point.

BadWolf

You know that doesn't answer my question of whether Kojima (I am not talking about Konami here for a sec) intended 51 to be the ending in the end. In fact the link seems to suggest that even Kojima doesnt intended mission 51,to be the real and canon ending in the end, considering that it was cut rather early.

51 is like some deleted scenes of movies. Originally intended to be in the movie, but got cut therefore they dont count anymore.

Sure mission 51 explain what happened to Eli after they left motherbase, but it seems Kojima in the end decided against that, and left what happened next (until their next appearance in the other games) to be open ended and let the players fill in the blank themselves instead.

How about you ask yourself how many other times in the series they released a story reel with unfinished assets like they did for Episode 51.

It's obvious what happened.

MGS4 got plenty of hate, so did MGS2 back in the day.

Haters tend to be vocal, news at 11.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Did Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain both play the same? Kinda interested in Survive cause I'm a big fan of base building, but I really had a hard time getting used to the controls for Ground Zeroes and ultimately ended up putting the game down.

They were "similar" but MGS V refined it and added a lot more tools to your kit. Going from V to GZ can be tough because of that slightly hobbled feeling. That "somethings missing."

So - I don't know that it would solve your issues with it, but they did make some refinements.

Nameless

MGSV is still probably the best playing/feeling game of the generation so I'm cautiously looking forward to this. A bit worried the base and loot systems might open the door to gross, anti-consumer horse shit from Konami...see FOBs.

Top Bottom