• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metroid Prime Corruption screens (retro am gods)

Hyllian

metroid-prime-3-corruption-20070702063410875.jpg

Mudhoney said:
A Metroid Prime game automatically isn't good if it lacks online features?

I have to say I am less upset than i normally would be since its Metroid. I just want the immersion that Phendrana Drifts gave me back in the day.

Ark-AMN

Banned
lol, IGN to the rescue with their crappy JPEG compressions. :p

So can't wait for this. Glad it has no multilayer, don't care about online either. August is going to be a busy month with this and BioShock.

ivysaur12

Banned
Darunia said:
Can you elaborate a bit on this please?

Yeah, I was about to ask that :lol

And voice acting, it's about time. Now to read these interviews... (lack of online doesn't really kill me because multiplayer in Echoes wasn't very good).

Ark-AMN

Banned
Jiguryo said:
No problem here. I don't care much about multiplayer for this series.
That actually pleases me because then it means Retro spent none of their development time (i hope) on that kind of thing and focused it all on single-player. Yay! :D

ksamedi

The Metroid Prime Saga idea is kind of cool, but then again i would like Retro to do some other stuff besides Metroid. If they ever release a Metroid Prime remake, they should just add 1 2 3 on a single DVD and add some bonus content, Wii controls and polished graphics. Ow yeah and ditch the Dark world in 2.

Takuhi

Windu said:
oh cool a interview, was that in the magazine?

Unfortunately we couldn't cram it into the mag, so it's a web exclusive! Lots of quotes from it are in the magazine article, though.

Darunia said:
Can you elaborate a bit on this please?

She's one of the Hunters on your team, at least at the beginning. She's basically Mystique from the X-Men, and totally screws with Samus by shapeshifting
into Dark Samus and such
. They have a very catty relationship, it's a pretty fun character. Wish I could remember her name...

The Hunters are way cooler than they were in MP: Hunters!

Satter

Banned
Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
119828-8-2.jpg

This screen in particular made me open my eyes wide.

Same here. Looks like someone, or someTHING, in a mech suit fighting another creature. I look forward to seeing in it action.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Ark-AMN said:
That actually pleases me because then it means Retro spent none of their development time (i hope) on that kind of thing and focused it all on single-player. Yay! :D

Right on! And it's funny how the looks on the previous batch of pictures were way worse than that. Well played :p

SCReuter

Great interview, Takuhi.

If Retro Studios packaged the first two Prime titles together with Wii controls and possibly widescreen support, I'd totally buy it.

Jiguryo said:
No problem here. I don't care much about multiplayer for this series.

I don't really care either. :p I know a lot of people were thinking that the delay could have been because they were adding some kind of online mode (like they did with Hunter), it seems it was not the case.

I can't wait to play this! :D

Takuhi

Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
Well there goes one potential shock moment in the game =(

Sorry about that! I did an edit and spoiler tagged it... Maybe you should too, since you quoted it...

Buggy Loop

Retro am gods indeed, i still cant believe the game is coming out on august 20th, day 1 for me, they're pretty much my favorite devs now along with intelligent system, these guys proved a shitload of doubters with the first metroid prime, i think they'll now show us how an fps (fpa :p) is done on wii.

Buggy Loop said:
Retro am gods indeed, i still cant believe the game is coming out on august 27th, day 1 for me, they're pretty much my favorite devs now along with intelligent system, these guys proved a shitload of doubters with the first metroid prime, i think they'll now show us how an fps (fpa :p) is done on wii.

Fixed

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Buggy Loop said:
Retro am gods indeed, i still cant believe the game is coming out on august 20th, day 1 for me, they're pretty much my favorite devs now along with intelligent system, these guys proved a shitload of doubters with the first metroid prime, i think they'll now show us how an fps (fpa :p) is done on wii.

delayed to the 27th.

edit: damn beaten

Takuhi

Ark-AMN said:

In the media conference, "why no multiplayer?" was the first question they were asked and the president of Retro was like "Really? Is that really you want from a Metroid game? That's a high priority for you guys?" and all the journalists were all "uh... Yeah, not really." It was pretty funny.

They did promise exciting Connect24 features but absolutely refused to elaborate further.

ksamedi

This is probably going to be the best one of the trilogy. Maybe even best Wii game of 2007.
It seems they used the extra year just to balance and perfect every inch of the game. Good call Iwata.

Windu

Takuhi said:
In the media conference, "why no multiplayer?" was the first question they were asked and the president of Retro was like "Really? Is that really you want from a Metroid game? That's a high priority for you guys?" and all the journalists were all "uh... Yeah, not really." It was pretty funny.

They did promise exciting Connect24 features but absolutely refused to elaborate further.

:lol

sphinx

the piano man
Takuhi said:
The Play magazine hands-on preview (basically the same one that was in the magazine) and interview (new!) are now up on our site, if anyone's interested.

Also, the embargo is over now, so I can talk about it! And I can tell you to stop hating on the purple chick, because she's awesome.

Preview, in which I do NOT compare the game directly to Halo, or call Halo a revolutionary FPS (just the control schemes, you dirty misquoters):http://www.playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=579

Retro interview:
http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=578&page=1

So it was you.

Dude, in your own interest, avoid making Halo references in your future FPSs previews. I know, Halo rocks and all but it looks very unprofessional. It makes you look like a hopeless xbox-Halo fanboy that just can't get over it, you mentioned halo TWICE in a matter of 3 sentences.

I could understand mentioniong Halo in a Killzone 2 preview, after all they are meant to compete against each other, I wouldn't like it but it would be understandable.

But Metroid? metroid was born like 20 years ago and it's nothing like Halo in any aspect and it has never tried to rival Halo as a first person shooter.

I am just trying to help here, I don't mean any of this in an aggresive or rude way. Just an advice.

PleoMax

Banned
That's Retro alright.

ɹǝbuıɟ ǝ1ppıɯ ǝɥʇ ǝɯ pǝʍoɥs ʇsnظ ııʍ ʎɯ

Wait, so what day did it get delayed to? I'm getting married in August and I'm coming back from my honeymoon on the 26th? Will I be back before release date?

Windu

am i right to assume that most of the people that wanted online multiplayer are the ones that metroid prime was the first metroid experience they had?

DreD

Zerostatic said:
Wait, so what day did it get delayed to? I'm getting married in August and I'm coming back from my honeymoon on the 26th? Will I be back before release date?

August 27.

Zerostatic said:

The new release date is the 27th.

edit : beaten
lion20kisses20oq8.gif

Top Bottom