• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Monster Hunter World trailer shows off Wildspire Waste

JP_

Banned
Yeah I think people wanted more flashy and ridiculous/stupid monsters like astalos and brachydios.
Do they usually show off newer higher level monsters this early? With all the new small/mid monsters they've shown so far it seems unlikely they wouldn't have newer higher level monsters too.

DJIzana

Wonder how many areas we can expect to see?

I imagine just a snow map and volcano type area and that's it? Hopefully something new or more than just 4. I might be asking for too much though.

Tratorn

Those new trailers really hyped me again for a new MH. The bad thing is, can't wait for the game now...

Really wish they'd have shown stuff like this at E3. First impressions of people who don't know much about the IP would've probably been better and they'd follow the game/IP more now.

The game looks amazing, only thing I'm worried about now is the amount of (new) content. I kinda have a feeling they'll disappoint on this front with their first HD MH, at least the people who played (some of the) last MHs. Hopefully they'll surprise me.

Nice cannot wait huge MH fan been playing since PS2 guys add me to play on release day will be playing on PS4 > warrior_of_uae see you on the frontier !

Anoxida

Finally MH is coming to platforms that can realize the series potential. Holy crap this looks good. This game is going to sell 2+ million in the west just watch. World is such a great idea by Capcom.

Finally MH is coming to platforms that can realize the series potential. Holy crap this looks good. This game is going to sell 2+ million in the west just watch. World is such a great idea by Capcom.
2m would be disappointing. The 3DS ones already sold 1m, and that was on the 3DS in the west. 3m in the west (plus Asia) would just offset lost jap. sales if we assume it sells 1m in JP like MHTri (4m+ ww for MH4). It all depends if the rumoured portable version is real.

Soar

Put in hundreds of hours on Tri back then, but only managed around 40-50hrs on the portables. This is back to form, and is fantastic for me and my friends who are currently divided by oceans.

joe_zazen

2m would be disappointing. The 3DS ones already sold 1m, and that was on the 3DS in the west. 3m in the west (plus Asia) would just offset lost jap. sales if we assume it sells 1m in JP like MHTri (4m+ ww for MH4). It all depends if the rumoured portable version is real.

are they not making portable ones anymore? i thought World was in addition to the portable ones.

silva1991

Yeah I think people wanted more flashy and ridiculous/stupid monsters like astalos and brachydios.

Those look terrible.

I do want this guy tho

Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate.png

I couldn't beat him in that 3DS demo, because the 3DS controls are bad and I want a rematch with better controls.

Peru

3DS controls were fine even without the 2nd stick, because the L camera solution worked so well. With the New 3ds nub there was nothing really to separate it from the console experience. Except for a really shitty screen.

Oh and Brachydios was not a ridiculous/stupid design. He was a pretty grounded one, with a real scary weight to his attacks.

Raide

Forgive my ignorance but does this game have a story and dungeons or is it only hunting?

The story is normally about your rise as a hunter while saving a village from some sort from nasty monsters. Usually you square off against the games main boss and you officially become a real hunter and you start hunting bigger and angrier things in non story setting.

Dungeons? Ermm... Not really you get quests, you hunt the monster for more parts to make better tear and you keep doing it with more and more friends. They did have an arena mode where you have selected gear and have to face off against multiple monsters in tight spaces but not mmo style dungeons to speak of.

Didn't matter too many people were busy with trying to make the 4chan nonsense real for various reasons.

Yeah the false "westernizing and casualizing" rumours colored people's perceptions of it. Even when news came out that the main MH team were working on it and all weapons we're returning, people were still adamant that Capcom was dumbing it down.

Raide

The user interface's font size seems too small, just like in the console version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. The health/stamina bar also look miniscule, I preferred the old ones, though filling the whole screen horizontally was a bit too much.

Hopefully they will have some scaling options for the UI. At least it's way cleaner and more modern than the old MH ones.

The user interface's font size seems too small, just like in the console version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. The health/stamina bar also look miniscule, I preferred the old ones, though filling the whole screen horizontally was a bit too much.

Looks big enough on my 24inch 16:10 display and doesn't even look any different from 3 Ultimate.

Finally Monster Hunter on good hardware. As expected, the fear mongering after the first trailer was utterly laughable. At least we're over that now compared to Resident Evil 7, for which one had to endure such nonsense until launch, because for some reason people are convinced that developers at Capcom are liars who want your misery.

Still feeling iffy on this game and I'm not sure why. The graphics maybe? I might just not be used to how clean it looks compared to all the other games haha.

Top Bottom