• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new nintendo 2ds xl comes out july 28 $149

Wouldnt this canibalize the sales on the Switch? Having 2 portable consoles out? I guess their strategy would be trying to introduce a younger crowd to the nintendo world with this cheaper, smaller product and hope that those would eventually upgrade to the switch, but this was a very very strange move.

Kinda weird they didn't announce this at the Direct

Wouldnt this canibalize the sales on the Switch? Having 2 portable consoles out? I guess their strategy would be trying to introduce a younger crowd to the nintendo world with this cheaper, smaller product and hope that those would eventually upgrade to the switch, but this was a very very strange move.

Not at all. They're hardly going to advertise this, and this will most likely be a limited manufacturing run.

Andrefpvs

New 3DS functionality? (I.e., snes roms?)

Yes.

43dc4d39a0.jpg

Maximo

No no Switch is a home console didn't you see the ads?

WillyFive

No 3D + Big screen = Worst of both worlds, making 3DS games look as ugly as they possibly can.

Beautiful looking handheld design though; but probably the worst 3DS one could buy.

Hattori

Banned
I guess this is why they still insist on calling Switch a home console first. I just bought the Pikachu XL, I feel like I'm going to end up buying his one as well.

Please be like the dsi or game boy micro and be some random ass upgrade at the end of the life cycle. GET THESE DEVS WORKING ON SWITCH GAMES!

BigPete

It's gorgeous but I don't see myself jumping in at that price point. I've got the regular 2DS (3D makes my eyes hurt) but would love to play some of the 'New' exclusives. (Xenoblade mostly)

Still, I've got a Switch and there's a lot of stuff to play soon, so maybe I'll grab one of these second hand a year or two down the line.

schlew

I suppose there's nothing official yet, unless I don't know where to look, but how big is the top screen? Anyone think it's bigger than the New 3DS XL? It just looks huge, but I'm not sure of the system itself is just smaller or something.

Top Bottom