• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new nintendo 2ds xl comes out july 28 $149

Rodin

C-drrKbV0AAAdxx.jpg:large

want
Oh jeez oh fuck

Wouldnt this canibalize the sales on the Switch? Having 2 portable consoles out? I guess their strategy would be trying to introduce a younger crowd to the nintendo world with this cheaper, smaller product and hope that those would eventually upgrade to the switch, but this was a very very strange move.

Maybe this is intentionally incepting the public in advance of the Nintendo Dual Switch announcement

kevin1025

Banned
I'm kind of into this, as someone that hasn't had a 3DS since launch year.

I've missed so many great titles, and the price is just right. Hmm....

Jeiiya

I like that this exists, but I'm still a little confused on the timing of this release. I suppose they do want to keep 3DS games going

Menitta

I fucking cant.

Let the 3DS die please...

Design is fine, i guess. I wish this came out when i cared about the 3DS.

Madao

i wonder how this model stacks up against the others.

it will be hard to justify buying this since i find that games look better with 3D enabled. i have a old 2DS that i almost never used.

Shoyz

I never use the 3D screen so this theoretically could have been the best option available.
But where did they move the speakers? And why is the hinge shrunken down?

Cut-out hinges are the ugliest thing in handhelds.

luminous

I hate this name scheming so much I thought it was just a 2DS XL and the price left me wondering but it's a NEW Nintendo 2DS XL

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Getting rid of that 3DS hardware stock so they can eventually just discontinue it all.

Shaanyboi

Banned
What the fuck Nintendo...

...Oh my god that thing looks so nice I want it I want it I want it.

Jesus, I hate using my 3DS now since the Switch came out and I want this thing. God damnit.

LordRaptor

Not at all. They're hardly going to advertise this, and this will most likely be a limited manufacturing run.

I'd assume given its an upgrade over the 2DS, that its as cheap as the 3DS line can possibly get to manufacture and at $150 they're making decent margins per unit, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the de facto new 3DS hardware and older models just don't get restocked anymore

Top Bottom