• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

AsianOni

For those interested, I have received my MH4 pouch from AliExpress and it looks great. Here are some pics :
9446cc503c6740635de47c3954d38c6726dd7869.jpg

f235af33511cf74c032d10d04ff251b061a2ffe2.jpg

e9b870bd8b0f170d96c2a60c6daef1a6ae1c0f3a.jpg

8ba1fc1957da25bb818075693251748536bfea87.jpg

The brown color is darker IRL.

Pachimari

Finally removed the dust underneath my screen protector! And I also fixed the looseness of the backplate by tightening it.

Now it's perfect.

I just need an extra battery. Do any of you guys have an extra battery with you?

I'm also gonna post a picture of the case I have for my regular N3DS.

Champagne

Banned
I'm a bit late on this but I found the build quality for the New 3DS to be pretty impressive.

Fuck I want a 3DS so badly.

Anyone with an old 3DS laying around because they upgraded wanna help a brother out and pass it along?

Plz

ComSR

Neo Member
I don't suppose you know a good grip for the smaller N3DS?
Cyber Gadget has a grip for both New models, there are some Japanese sellers on eBay selling them. Search cyber "new 3ds" rubber grip.

bought New 3DS XL thinking all regions have interchangeable faceplates.
For the XL you can get a replacement battery cover (order from NoA or eBay) and buy different protective covers. The current selection is a bit limited though.
Two examples from PlayAsia:
http://www.play-asia.com/tpu-cover-for-new-3ds-ll-clear-blue-paOS-13-49-en-70-8lhd.html
http://www.play-asia.com/nanatsu-no-taizai-rubber-cover-for-new-3ds-ll-paOS-13-49-en-70-8lhf.html

So is the Hori transparent protector the same as a cheap one from ebay? The one on ebay costs me $10.00 less
It's propably a Chinese clone. I have one on hand now and it seems it doesn't seem to be such a fingerprint magnet, unlike the Hori cover.

fantomena

So I ordered a New 3DS XL yesterday (should be arriving in the next few days).

But have a question, is it possible to just transfer the basic data and use the same microSD card I used in my old 3DS on my new 3DS?

Do I have to reformat the card or something? Like, I want to continue using the SD card Ive always been using.

Spades

So I ordered a New 3DS XL yesterday (should be arriving in the next few days).

But have a question, is it possible to just transfer the basic data and use the same microSD card I used in my old 3DS on my new 3DS?

Do I have to reformat the card or something? Like, I want to continue using the SD card Ive always been using.

You can use the same card (as long as it's a microSD in your standard 3DS) on your new console, once you've performed the transfer.

Adamator

Ugh. I am not happy.

About a month ago I sent in my brand new MM system to Nintendo because it came to me new with a chip of paint missing on the inside. I got that fixed and got it back.

So this morning I was just sort of looking over my system and I notice that on the battery cover, that the screws holding it on were put on so tight it's actually cracking the plastic around them!

What the hell, Nintendo!?

If I call them, think they will do anything about it?

I know you can order plates from the online store, but they don't have any MM ones. I would be willing if they did. This really stinks...

SeanR1221

My impressions after a week...

It's a very nice system. It's way faster than the 3ds and the c stick isn't so bad. The 3d works well but still gives me a headache so I had to turn it off.

It's still bullshit it didn't come with a charger but I sold me XL for 100.00 so I put that towards Majoras Mask and a charger and will pick up Xenoblade when I have more time.

I ended up going with a 32gb card but I might return it and get a 64. I only have 11gb open on my current card. Since I did the license transfer if I get a 64 I just have to move the files from my 32 to my 64 on the computer and I'm good to go, right?

Ugh. I am not happy.

About a month ago I sent in my brand new MM system to Nintendo because it came to me new with a chip of paint missing on the inside. I got that fixed and got it back.

So this morning I was just sort of looking over my system and I notice that on the battery cover, that the screws holding it on were put on so tight it's actually cracking the plastic around them!

What the hell, Nintendo!?

If I call them, think they will do anything about it?

I know you can order plates from the online store, but they don't have any MM ones. I would be willing if they did. This really stinks...
Call and complain. NoA's repair department can be pretty careless with systems. My original Wii came back with a big old scratch.

I'm looking for cases for the New Nintendo 3DS (normal, not XL) for my girlfriend, but really struggling to find any.

Does anyone know of any good ones that fit the N3DS comfortably?
Try Wal-Mart/ASDA if there are any in your area. I found a "Game Traveler" case for the New 3DS (non-xl model) in my local Walmart here in the US. It's manufactured by RDS industries, and the packaging says that it was compatible with the "New" 3DS (non-xl), despite the model not even being sold in the states atm. Said case included a blue Mario themed one, and a regular black case with diagonal raised lines on the front.

Another thing before I do my system transfer.

Will content saved on SD cards transfer over wirelessly to the new system? I noticed I had some Pokemon and Smash Extra Data files saved there, as well as some FE:A DLC. Also I've been playing Pokemon on the N3DS. After the transfer is done, it shouldnt affect my progress in the game since the saving happens on the cartridge itself, right?

Sorry if thats a dumb question. I wasn't paying attention to where stuff was being saved until now.

Mercutio

Call and complain. NoA's repair department can be pretty careless with systems. My original Wii came back with a big old scratch.

The issue is that the first time you send it for repair, it doesn't go to Nintendo. Nintendo has a bunch of lowest bidder style repair companies. They're generally lousy, because Nintendo is cheap.

Since you've gone through that and it didn't go well, you have to call and make sure it's going to actual Nintendo in Washington. It's the only way to guarantee things are done right.

The issue is that the first time you send it for repair, it doesn't go to Nintendo. Nintendo has a bunch of lowest bidder style repair companies. They're generally lousy, because Nintendo is cheap.

Since you've gone through that and it didn't go well, you have to call and make sure it's going to actual Nintendo in Washington. It's the only way to guarantee things are done right.
Interesting, I didn't know this.

Can anyone in Europe who recently (say, within the past week) bought a small New 3DS from an online retailer please tell me the firmware version it came with + the model?

Would really help me out! I live in the states and I"m trying to get a specific firmware version.

That happened with my black regular n3DS system. It was so tight that any attempts to unscrew them cracked the plastic. I gave up and just Hulked the back of the system since I had a cover replacement.
Wish the screws were not there in the first place IMO.

OmegaFax

Sorral

Hey guys, about to get a regular new 3DS and got a question:

I'm importing one from Germany since they cost 1/2 the price as here, so I'm wondering if I can change the language on it to English just fine along with the region sittings and store.

It says DE-version, so it got me wondering if it was different than just an EU new 3DS. I couldn't find information on this unfortunately.

Shiina

Hey guys, about to get a regular new 3DS and got a question:

I'm importing one from Germany since they cost 1/2 the price as here, so I'm wondering if I can change the language on it to English just fine along with the region sittings and store.

It says DE-version, so it got me wondering if it was different than just an EU new 3DS. I couldn't find information on this unfortunately.

You'll be able to change the language yeah. For region and store you'll probably be limited to PAL regions (perhaps without AUS/NZ).

Any chance Nintendo will reveal another iteration at E3 this year?

I want to get a New 3DS but part of me wants to wait because of how often they are reiterating this thing.

wiibomb

Any chance Nintendo will reveal another iteration at E3 this year?

I want to get a New 3DS but part of me wants to wait because of how often they are reiterating this thing.

I think this is the last iteration we will see about the 3DS, tipically Nintendo Hardware lasts about 6 years, if we go by that, there's about 2 or less years before a new Gen comes...

may be I'm wrong, but I see the New 3DS still very good even if a new iteration comes in a year or 2..

hell, people are playing just fine with the Original model from 2011, you should not worry that much for another iteration (and well, the thing just launched)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm having terrible luck with dead pixels. I've had 5 units so far and every single one has had at least one stuck pixel, 4 of the 5 having multiple ones on the top screen.

Am I just cursed or did Nintendo just stop giving a fuck about QA? I'm tired of exchanging consoles.

If I have a 32GB microSD card should I install it in the New 3DS before doing any transfer or firmware update? Should it be the first thing I do after taking the system out of the box?

FaintDeftone

It's funny how I'm still not used to how speedy this thing is now.

I pulled up the eShop to check out that spring sale and set the 3DS on my desk and started surfing the net, waiting for the eShop to load since it normally took awhile. As soon as I sat it down it was loaded and ready to go already. I was like "oh... yeah. Faster now".

If I have a 32GB microSD card should I install it in the New 3DS before doing any transfer or firmware update? Should it be the first thing I do after taking the system out of the box?
Never mind, I think I'm going to use an SD adapter to transfer my current 3DS data to the new 32GB microSD card so when I transfer to the n3DS I can just swap the card and be done!

Darkone

This past few days i have the urge to buy a New 3DS system, it have a few games i really want to play but i don`t know when i will have the time for them (Bravely Defualt, Xenoblade 3D, and a few more RPGS`s) i know i will eventually break and buy one, its just a matter of time.

Top Bottom