• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Selects (3DS/Wii/Wii U) Announced

I liked Pikmin 3 more than I expected, as it's not a genre I normally play and I didn't like the second one when I demoed it, but it's not something I'd want to play again.

Yukinari

No Star Fox 64 3D reprint for the US is kinda stupid. Im glad Ocarina is coming back at least cause i sure as hell aint paying 60 bucks for it.

By the way dont buy Mario All Stars cause its not worth it, even if it came with the extras. Kirby Dream Collection is far superior in every way, especially the exclusive challenge levels it has. Better soundtrack CD too.

balohna

Sweet that Pikmin 3 is getting reprinted, interesting that they're reprinting Wii games at all though. I guess they still sell?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Very nice that they are reprinting Pikmin 3, that game is a masterpiece and very underrated. Nice that more people gets to enjoy it!

Ridley327

Sweet that Pikmin 3 is getting reprinted, interesting that they're reprinting Wii games at all though. I guess they still sell?

This is the first reprinting of SMG2 in a long time. It actually was creeping up near its original MSRP before the eShop version came out on Wii U. Not sure what the rationale is for AC:CF, which has been a Nintendo Selects title for a while, but I guess this might be a chance to sell copies without the NWC logo as its been dead on the Wii for a couple of years now.

I'll probably pick up pikmin 3 due to the low print last time , been meaning to replay x do everything
Also ocarina of time 3D

At best buy it'll be 20% off for both so about $50 for both is a great deal

As far as I know - all of these Nintendo Selects should be $19.99 in the States. I had heard from a good source that they were going to put out a rerelease of games on March 11 at $19.99 each, but didn't have a list of games to go along with the leak. Then this retailer gives us the names of the games. So assuming they're the same games - should be $19.99. I wrote up a story at NintendoTimes.

Do we think these will come to Europe as well? I am interested in OOT with the Select pricing...

Im not sure how Nintendo really do these things tbh, got my New 3DS XL for Christmas, very nice handheld.

Thank the lord of light the best game ever, OOT 3D, is getting a reprint. Sure you have to deal with that ugly-ass border but that's a drop in a bucket for getting the game for $30.

ChrisD

Hope they come to the US so I can buy
for collecting purposes a second copy of
Pikmin 3.

Edit: America =/= The US

I want Kirby Triple Deluxe to be a select :(

The Wii U selects are great though. Already have DK, Mario and Pikmin though. All great games.

KingV

Oh, yes. Pikmin 3! This was becoming a rarity and expensive as fuck to find.

I hope they put Xenoblade Chronicles, next!

I remember finding Pikmin 3 online at Kmart at some rural-ass K-mart last winter for like $43. I drove 3 hour and back just to get a physical copy.

Great game!

Wasn't Mario All Stars originally $30 or are these just Canadian prices and they'd be $20 in the US?

I'm happy for all of the people that can finally pick up a copy of Pikmin 3. Shame about the fugly box art though, I don't think I could deal with having those.

jariw

it'll never happen but where's xenoblade?

I guess it'll appear as a Wii download on the Wii U eShop somewhere in the future, since it has been released as such in Japan. Right now, Nintendo uses Xenoblade Chronicles to sell n3DS machines.

Lemrik

Neo Member
Ok now i will play OoT3D :) Didn't played it since N64.

Also nice to see is the reprint of Pikmin3!

PS: new on Neogaf ;-)

No Star Fox 64 3D reprint for the US is kinda stupid. Im glad Ocarina is coming back at least cause i sure as hell aint paying 60 bucks for it.

By the way dont buy Mario All Stars cause its not worth it, even if it came with the extras. Kirby Dream Collection is far superior in every way, especially the exclusive challenge levels it has. Better soundtrack CD too.

Yea no star fox 64 3D here is weird. I thought Ocarina had a reprint with normal covers recently already?

Seik

Banned
I'm glad that Pikmin 3 will be accessible to more people at a decent price.

It truly is a wonderful game worth checking out.

Top Bottom