• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Selects Announced for US for release on March 11 (3DS/Wii/Wii U)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
NES Remix Pack includes both. They're more or less the same product with different games featured in each. Think of them as two parts of one whole game.

Edit: I just noticed that both NES Remix titles were dropped to $10 on the eShop, nice.
Yeah, I think I only want to spend $10, so which one do people seem to prefer?

Basically, the second one has challenges based on far superior games, but the first one has far superior challenges based on inferior games. #1 is more creative with the challenges, #2 just feels like tutorial challenges and little bites of a game rather than original challenges. I recommend #1.

Unicorn

Was able to get pikmin 3 for store pickup at Best Buy. Tomorrow is gonna be fun. Hopefully it's as good as Pikmin 2.

Megatron

I prefer 2 personally. Just much better games in that set than in the original. I bought the original thinking the other games would be offered via DLC, had I known, I would have just waited for the second.

maxcriden

My card is already on my Amazon account so I can't really sell the card. Sorry.

Oh, no, it's cool, thanks, I was just offering. I am happy to point you to a GCU member who will let you use the BB discount for free so feel free to let me know if you'd like that info.

Thanks prime for arriving in less than the 2 days your agreed to? Cool?

Not really a valid complaint. You preorder from Amazon to get it on day 1, not day 2. Whats the point in preordering if you cant even get the item you were promised by Amazon on that day? Keep in mind you have 2 weeks to think about buying to get the discount.

mrmickfran

My Pikmin 3 finally shipped. I'll be getting it tomorrow.

I honestly think that the stock issues happened because Nintendo announced these way too late. Barely 2 weeks for games that people were extremely hyped to play.

Not really a valid complaint. You preorder from Amazon to get it on day 1, not day 2. Whats the point in preordering if you cant even get the item you were promised by Amazon on that day? Keep in mind you have 2 weeks to think about buying to get the discount.

It wasn't promised on that day. None of the games when I preordered on day 1 said it would be release day shipping. And obviously they didn't miss what you agreed to since you can then complain and they'll compensate you for not meeting their promised time.

so are the non select versions discounted at best buy to the new 20 dollar price or are they still 60 bucks?

might run by and pick up some if so. I'm happy with digital copies but the boxes of the select stuff irritate me

fernoca

Depends on the chosen shipping method.

Prime free shipping is 2 days, so shipping yesterday and getting it today is actually faster than that (unless you're in PR which is standard shipping).

Now if he/she paid for release date delivery is another thing. But the game was released on Friday so shipments started on Friday for most that chose free shipping.

If Amazon doesn't fulfill my pre order by Friday, I'm going with BB.

I would prefer to save the 10$ ordering from Amazon, but if they're gonna be this slow, they don't get my business.

So I got done talking with Amazon chat and that was a waste of time. Basically I have to wait until the end of March early April for them to fulfill my pre-order. Considering just cancelling and trying to find it locally.

The local Target and Best Buy here didn't have them in stock yet... had to drive to Frys to get Pikmin 3.

They had even the normal original boxart DKCTF on sale at $20, but I expect those to go the way of the dodo very soon.

As for the box arts... I suppose they would look better if they shipped in those red cases like Kart/3DW/Party do. I'm swapping my 3DW with my Pikmin case to see if it looks better.

I'm excited for round 2 of Selects. I don't see myself playing Pikmin 3 anytime soon and will likely gather dust, but at least Nintendo got some money out of me.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I don't understand the hand-wringing over Selects' packaging. Your games are spine-out on your shelves 99.9% of the time, and Selects spines are almost indistinguishable from normal spines unless you're really looking for that little crown graphic. Compared to Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits where the branding/case is a totally different color and sticks out on shelves like a sore thumb, Nintendo's approach to budget packaging is exceptionally better.

I don't understand the hand-wringing over Selects' packaging. Your games are spine-out on your shelves 99.9% of the time, and Selects spines are almost indistinguishable from normal spines unless you're really looking for that little crown graphic. Compared to Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits where the branding/case is a totally different color and sticks out on shelves like a sore thumb, Nintendo's approach to budget packaging is exceptionally better.

The PS2 Greatest Hits bothered me when I played games for that system, but I don't have much issue with the Nintendo ones.

These Selects covers aren't too bad, and I could handle having a copy of DKCR 3D with one of these though. I would still prefer the original cover, and it should not be hard to find one.

This is the only chance many people have to buy Pikmin 3 at a good price, so people have to settle with a cover. It's not ideal, but this is still way better than a digital copy IMO.

Koppai

We only got 2 copies of Mario All Stars and the employees bought them. Otherwise we had plenty of everything else. Too bad I own pretty much all of.those games already lol.

Question, do Wii games look better through Component cable than using the Wii Mode on Wii U with HDMI?

I recently wanted to hook up my Wii so I could play my imports and couldn't find my component cable. So I put the Wii game in the Wii U and it looked awful on my 4K TV x.x

Thank you, Best Buy.

Y47RWlH.jpg

classiest budget re-release packaging in a long while

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
We only got 2 copies of Mario All Stars and the employees bought them. Otherwise we had plenty of everything else. Too bad I own pretty much all of.those games already lol.

Question, do Wii games look better through Component cable than using the Wii Mode on Wii U with HDMI?

I recently wanted to hook up my Wii so I could play my imports and couldn't find my component cable. So I put the Wii game in the Wii U and it looked awful on my 4K TV x.x

You're stretching a 480p image up to 4k. Not really a whole lot you can do to make it look better.

MrNelson

Banned
Agreed. While I would still prefer the original packaging, these don't look nearly as bad as any of the PS Greatest Hits lines or the old Player's Choice branding.

fernoca

Wii games should look "better" on a Wii U with HDMI. Put it as "better" because its basically the same as a Wii with component but with richer colors because is a digital signal.

EDIT: And yeah..is still a 480p signal so component or HDMI won't do much on a 4K. Wii U is still the "better" option.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
off topic but while browsing around on amazon, I see that both 3D world and Splatoon seems to have gotten more expensive. is this always the case?

fernoca

off topic but while browsing around on amazon, I see that both 3D world and Splatoon seems to have gotten more expensive. is this always the case?
3D World is currently available by third party sellers.

Splatoon is from a third-party but fullfilled by Amazon.

The ones Amazon actually has, are at MSRP ($19.99 in the case of the Selects).

So I got done talking with Amazon chat and that was a waste of time. Basically I have to wait until the end of March early April for them to fulfill my pre-order. Considering just cancelling and trying to find it locally.

Did they say that would be when they'd be getting a restock, or is it when they would fulfill your order specifically?

Seems to be plenty of stock in stores. I'm guessing that the scalpers hit Amazon hard as usual.

I just ordered Pikmin 3 for pick up at my local Best Buy tomorrow.

Did they say that would be when they'd be getting a restock, or is it when they would fulfill your order specifically?

Well, never mind. My order also got updated from "We don't know what the fuck we're doing" to "Arriving Mar 30 - Apr 6"

At least it wasn't cancelled altogether.

Seems to be plenty of stock in stores. I'm guessing that the scalpers hit Amazon hard as usual.

I just ordered Pikmin 3 for pick up at my local Best Buy tomorrow.
I'm not sure about the other games but when I tried to order 2 of 3d world and pikmin 3 (one for me and a friend) they were limited to 1 per account I think.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
It bums me out every time I see this thread because I already own all of these games. (Well except for City Folk, but that's useless with NWC down.)

Edit: And I technically don't own NES Remix Pack, though I do own both games digitally....and my girlfriend has the Pack that will eventually end up in my library someday.

Still kicking myself for not pre-ordering Mario 3D World on Amazon when it was available with the 20% off Prime discount.

Not the end of the world though, since the full $20 is still an awesome price for the game. And because I waited I think I'll wait and get it digitally when Nintendo launches their My Nintendo service in the US.

Top Bottom