• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Selects Announced for US for release on March 11 (3DS/Wii/Wii U)

maxcriden

It seems like lots of people are having issues with Amazon's games department lately. I've had issues with them in the past but I'd heard things had gotten a lot better.

I can't recommend strongly enough that anyone with an issue with a damaged package from Amazon or a game not arriving as soon as it should or would be expected to (i.e. release date delivery) should absolutely contact customer service. Their customer service department is excellent and they almost certainly will make it right for you. Also, if you are two days or even one day out from your delivery date in these circumstances, contact Amazon and they may be able to make it so you get the game in time.

Yeah, I had 3D World in my cart for about a week ago and I had been looking for something else to get with it (finally wanted to spend all of my old giftcard), but when I went the other day to finally just order it, it had been removed from my cart because it went out of stock.

Sure it was only a $4 discount, and $20 for 3D World is a pretty great deal already, but COME ON Amazon!

yeah got my gift card for Amazon today and only 3rd party sellers sell the game on there.. :(

Best Buy I think still has them. I know it doesn't help with your GC situation, The Dord, but you should both know there are GAFers who will let you use their GCU account for free. I've done it plenty and it's wonderful to get the discount. Let me know if you need names of who to PM.

(And Dord, if you want to sell the GC I'll buy it from you.)

olimpia84

I already own a day one physical version of 3D World but I would like to double dip and get the game digitally so it's on my Wii U at all times. Will my save file from the physical disc work with the digital game?

Big Brett

I already own a day one physical version of 3D World but I would like to double dip and get the game digitally so it's on my Wii U at all times. Will my save file from the physical disc work with the digital game?

I see no reason why it shouldn't use your old save files. It's not like the saves are on a cartridge or anything. It's the same game, not a specially branded version for Selects. This is my own personal thought though.

Edited some wording.

Best Buy I think still has them.

Yeah, I'm sure if I went looking I could find it easily enough. I have enough smaller game stores around me that I could probably get it there.

I actually liked a suggestion someone had a page ago about waiting for MyNintendo to launch and then buying it digitally to get points (or whatever loyalty system they have). I usually like to buy all my Nintendo games physically because the resale value stays so high, but with Nintendo Select games they're cheap enough that I don't care either way.

topplehat

Yes it will work, I have done this actually

maxcriden

Yeah, I'm sure if I went looking I could find it easily enough. I have enough smaller game stores around me that I could probably get it there.

I actually liked a suggestion someone had a page ago about waiting for MyNintendo to launch and then buying it digitally to get points (or whatever loyalty system they have). I usually like to buy all my Nintendo games physically because the resale value stays so high, but with Nintendo Select games they're cheap enough that I don't care either way.

That's a good idea, also. Maybe I'll hold off on Zelda till the launch then since I think it's supposed to be in the next couple weeks. Thanks, I'm glad you mentioned that because I was about to buy it this afternoon otherwise.

fwpx

Is it possible to play the Wii games on a gamepad? I think Animal Crossing is a tremendous mobileish game, i dont want to be married to my TV.

psychotron

Thank you, Best Buy.

Y47RWlH.jpg

MrNelson

Banned
Anyone having luck getting regular copies at the discounted price? The Nintendo Selects look isn't quite as offensive as, say, the PS3 Greatest Hits line, but if I can get a regular copy I would prefer it.

dickroach

I already own both titles, but even if I didn't...those covers. My OCD would not be able to deal with them. ARGH.

same. I could never but a "Selects" or "Greatest Hits" without feeling dirty
+ I honestly don't get why Nintendo doesn't just lower the MSRP of the games to $20? what's in it for them to print all new covers?

same. I could never but a "Selects" or "Greatest Hits" without feeling dirty
+ I honestly don't get why Nintendo doesn't just lower the MSRP of the games to $20? what's in it for them to print all new covers?

A) It shows the casual consumer that this is a great game that is worth owning and at an attractive price.

B) It's an incentive for hardcore players to buy early before they change the cover art.

C) Every first party has a product line like this (Platinum Hits, Greatest Hits, Player's Choice/Nintendo Selects), so there's definitely some logic to it. It's an attention-getter.

Ridley327

So the Wii titles arent available through the eShop then I take it? Gonna have to hit up Best Buy asap
SMG2 has been up since they started offering Wii downloads in the US. It is curiously the only one of the four releases today like that.

Pokemaniac

That should work. Most games the save file should work fine across both versions. There are a few weird outliers where the retail and eShop versions are actually considered different games, but that is very uncommon.

Mr.Fusion

It sure would be nice if Nintendo would put Mario All Stars up for download on Wii U. I'd love to be able to play it on the gampad, but I guess that would make too much sense.

It seems like lots of people are having issues with Amazon's games department lately. I've had issues with them in the past but I'd heard things had gotten a lot better.

I can't recommend strongly enough that anyone with an issue with a damaged package from Amazon or a game not arriving as soon as it should or would be expected to (i.e. release date delivery) should absolutely contact customer service. Their customer service department is excellent and they almost certainly will make it right for you. Also, if you are two days or even one day out from your delivery date in these circumstances, contact Amazon and they may be able to make it so you get the game in time.

Best Buy I think still has them. I know it doesn't help with your GC situation, The Dord, but you should both know there are GAFers who will let you use their GCU account for free. I've done it plenty and it's wonderful to get the discount. Let me know if you need names of who to PM.

(And Dord, if you want to sell the GC I'll buy it from you.)

My card is already on my Amazon account so I can't really sell the card. Sorry.

TheMoon

Then everyone would realize they were selling a 2MB rom for $20.

Waiting for everyone to realize you're now theoretically saving money over buying SNES remakes of SMB, SMBTLL, SMB2, SMB3 (SNES games = $8 -> x4 = $32 / even as their NES originals = $5 -> x4 = $20) separately (which I know you can't do).

Persona7

Banned
wow, cool. I called five gamestops and each store got none, one or two copies of each game. All sold out. excellent. At least my online orders are preparing for shipment.

Anyone know if Pikmin 3 has all the updates on the disk or do you still have to download them?

ngower

Picked up Ocarina of Time today for about $12.50 after GCU and the remnants of a gift card. Had 3D World in my hand but I've got too big a back log right now so it can wait just a bit longer.

Playing OoT for the first time ever.

psychotron

Never finished 3D World because of my daughter just being born. Fired it up tonight and the wife and I are having a blast. It's one of the few video games she actually likes playing.

hwy_61

Banned
So apparently every Best Buy and GameStop in my area had only 1 goddamn copy of All Stars. Walmart on the other hand had like, 15 copies lol.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So, I have no clue about the two NES Remixes. Is one way more highly regarded than the other, or any big differences at all?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So, I have no clue about the two NES Remixes. Is one way more highly regarded than the other, or any big differences at all?

NES Remix Pack includes both. They're more or less the same product with different games featured in each. Think of them as two parts of one whole game.

Edit: I just noticed that both NES Remix titles were dropped to $10 on the eShop, nice.

wait what D:

Scalpers gonna scalp.

Top Bottom